2014-15 Grand Prix assignments | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2014-15 Grand Prix assignments

FSGMT

Record Breaker
-Usmantesva/Talan have withdrawn from Skate America
So, Tarasova/Morozov are going to SA? (I wonder how a couple of such low level like U/T could be ahead of Tarasova/Morozov, who had a lot of success last season, in the GP assignements ranking, though :think: )

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
So, Tarasova/Morozov are going to SA? (I wonder how a couple of such low level like U/T could be ahead of Tarasova/Morozov, who had a lot of success last season, in the GP assignements ranking, though :think: )

hm? Tarasova/Morozov are at Skate Canada and Rostelecom. They were assigned to Skate Canada back in June and they picked up the last host spot at Rostelecom around the end of August.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
hm? Tarasova/Morozov are at Skate Canada and Rostelecom. They were assigned to Skate Canada back in June and they picked up the last host spot at Rostelecom around the end of August.
Sooorry, my mistake :bang: So, who's left? It looks like all the Senior available couples are in the GP already :laugh:

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Sooorry, my mistake :bang: So, who's left? It looks like all the Senior available couples are in the GP already :laugh:

Well, nearly.

Current pairs substitution list...????
SB 39: Cherniavskaia/Souza-Kordyeru
SB 44: Wang/Zhang
SB 45: Ziegler/Kiefer (TEB)** last pair to meet the total minimums
SB 50: Pakliakova/Bochkov
SB 51: Fancy/Boyadji

P/B and F/B do not meet the total minimums but should qualify based on TES minimums. Cernuschi/Ambrosini were above both those teams on the SB list, but didn't meet the TES minimums. They have a chance to earn either the TES minimum or total minimum at Nebelhorn... if they get it, would they bump someone off the list? Do they have to win Nebelhorn? etc. They're in a weird position, already on the SB list and theoretically in the stop 5 substitution list, but without the minimums.

There are a number of unanswered questions in my mind about how the Challenger Series events affect the replacement list. I don't find the part of the GP announcement that AlexRus quotes to be entirely clear, particularly the second and third clauses...

I *think* the only other couple below Fancy/Boyadji who met the TES minimums is Pak/Song, but someone can double-check and correct me.

Calalang/Sidhu met the GP total minimum at US International Classic, with a higher score than anyone currently on the top 5 substitution list, but it's unclear to me if that could place them on the list below Pak/Song, or if they had to actually WIN the event to be placed on the list.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Well, nearly.

Current pairs substitution list...????
SB 51: Fancy/Boyadji

So I have been discussing this elsewhere, and have been corrected that apparently Fancy/Boyadji do NOT meet the TES minimums because they didn't skate them at a qualifying event. However, Pak/Song DO meet the TES minimums. (Read more here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...nts-2014-15-season.92601/page-17#post-4329567)

So, I now believe the Pairs substitution list looks like this:

SB 54: Pak/Song

There is still the question of whether Calalang/Sidhu might have qualified for a spot on the alternates list at US International Classic by earning the overall minimums, or if they could only do so by winning the entire event. Because the five pairs listed above in the alternates list appear to be the ONLY remaining qualifying pairs based on the 2013-14 SB list, it seems they'd have to find a way to expand the alternates list somehow if we have many more withdrawals. I think we can pretty well expect Antipova/Maisuradze to be a withdrawal, for example...

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Was that noise I heard shouts of joy from some newly reconstituted Russian teams?

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Was that noise I heard shouts of joy from some newly reconstituted Russian teams?

Pretty sure I heard the Fed descend into flames when I read it, and kazoo noises coming from the direction of Canton...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Aw, I'm sad to hear about that. Hope they recover soon!

I believe that's the first WD in Dance, no?

Per BG's list:

SB 23: Guignard/Fabbri (SA)
SB 31: Testa/Csolley
SB 38: Orford/Williams (SA)
SB 39: Kim/Minov (TEB)
SB 40: Stepanova/Bukin (RC)

I'd sort of like to see Kim/Minov with a second event.

Last edited:

campbellka

Rinkside
V/T are not competing at the Grand Prix. They had to pull out due to an injury to his shoulder. Their next competition will be Europeans.

Amei

Record Breaker
They had to pull out due to an injury to his shoulder.

I'm sorry to see he is injured, but if they plan on competing till the next Olympics it's better to be cautious.

V/T are not competing at the Grand Prix.

I actually think this is a good thing for the GP series. Most everyone has them winning their 2 events + the GPF easily this year - I would like to see the events be competitive where I am watching to see who is gonna win gold/silver/bronze and not V/T win gold and competition for silver/bronze.

Amei

Record Breaker
Ouch. I hope the injury isn't too serious.

It can't be too serious, they did the exhibition that Lipnitskaia did earlier this month, and they have been doing tours all summer.

Which maybe this should go in the stupid question thread, but aren't some of the skaters paid by their Fed? So in the case of something like this where an athlete has been performing in exhibitions all summer and now we get to competition time and they are coming out and saying 'I can't, I'm too injured' - could they be docked pay, lose their funding, etc.?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
V/T are not competing at the Grand Prix. They had to pull out due to an injury to his shoulder. Their next competition will be Europeans.

Volosozhar/Trankov pulled out of the GP? When did that happen? They were scheduled for SA and CoC.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
If this is true, Pairs GP will be a "discounted medals for whoever wants them" season :slink:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
If this is true, Pairs GP will be a "discounted medals for whoever wants them" season :slink:

I don't think so - for me there are at least five couples that will keep the standards high: Stolbova/Klimov, Kawaguti/Smirnov, both Chinese couples, and Duhamel/Radford. And I bet the new teams will want a say in this.