Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: 2014-15 Grand Prix assignments

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Amei View Post
    If there's a warehouse store within a reasonable distance, park there and walk to the arena
    Unfortunately there is not a lot within close walking distance to the arena

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Another option, it seems, is to stay near the Rosemont station (nice if you want to actually go into Chicago) and take the bus to the arena: http://www.pacebus.com/sub/schedules...sp?RouteNo=610
    This would be great but unfortunately I think this service only runs Monday through Friday from early morning until about 6pm for last return.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    The only Ladies of Top24 Season Ranking, who are not at Top24 of WR and SB, are Samantha Cesario and Nikol Gosviani.
    They both have one GP Event. And remember - two GP Events are guaranteed only for Worlds Top12.

I see no difference.
    If you removed the retired skaters (Suzuki, Kim, Lacoste) Cesario is in the top 24 of the ISU World Ranking (she was #25 before the removal). If Nagasu at #23 and Leonova at #28 could get two assignments---and they didn't compete at Worlds either, then why not Cesario?

Custom Title
    Agree, Cesario should get 2 assignments. The US Fed could wait to see, after the normal withdrawals, if one of the other 5 GP's select Cesario. If that doesn't happen, the US Fed can and should use their TBD at SA to select Cesario. The US ladies, at 16 named entries plus 1 TBD, 17 total, are already close to the max of 18 entries, (6 GP's X max 3 per country equals maximum 18 entries.)

Currently, the only event where there are not three ladies (other than SA w/ the TBD) is Skate Canada. There's a few possibilities:

1.) There is speculation that Vanessa Lam may not end up taking her assignment at Rotelecom Cup. She currently not on the ISP or on any funding envelopes.
    2.) If the rumor is true that Marchei is trying out pairs and she isn't going to do singles, then a spot opens up at Skate Canada.
    3.) China could opt to not use their TBD spot. I would be surprised if this actually happens, but it seems there's not a ton of girls they're eager to send.
    4.) And obviously she can get the TBD at Skate America.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Currently, the only event where there are not three ladies (other than SA w/ the TBD) is Skate Canada. There's a few possibilities:

1.) There is speculation that Vanessa Lam may not end up taking her assignment at Rotelecom Cup. She currently not on the ISP or on any funding envelopes.
    2.) If the rumor is true that Marchei is trying out pairs and she isn't going to do singles, then a spot opens up at Skate Canada.
    3.) China could opt to not use their TBD spot. I would be surprised if this actually happens, but it seems there's not a ton of girls they're eager to send.
    4.) And obviously she can get the TBD at Skate America.
    Second spot (if not Worlds Top-12) is given only by Season Best.
    And we see - Cesario (27th SB) has one spot, Hicks (29th) - two spots.
    Of course, it means some games of USFS.

Maybe, Cesario's spot is given to Vanessa Lam.
    Maybe, USFS has a hope that Ceasrio will have spot by substitute, it not - TBD spot at SA. Nobody deserves it more than Cesario.

Guys, please report posts if you feel one breaks the guidelines. Or ignore the user. Please do not bicker with each other. Also unless you have valid proof, please keep the conspiracy theories to yourself.

Rinkside
    Does anyone know how much the tickets for the grand prix final in Barcelona will be? I'll be able to get them as soon as they go on sale and will be happy with mediocre-bad seats! Thank you

umm...
    I'm so going to France this year!

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow63 View Post
    I'm so going to be jealous!!

umm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I'm so going to be jealous!!
    Join me

Edit: Idk about CoR tho. I really hope I can go there too, but timing is awful for me :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow63 View Post
    Ahh so jealous!! What I would give to go to Bordeaux!

Custom Title
    I doubt very much that Valentina Marchei will be skating pairs this season instead of singles, regardless of what that Italian paper had to say. She has never skated pairs in her life, and at 29, that is a huge set of skills she doesn't have and couldn't possibly learn over the summer.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Perhaps her motivation, like Joubert's, is to learn enough about pairs to be able to coach pairs, in a pinch?

Custom Title
    Ordered SA tickets June 29th, they showed up in mail today!

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast