Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-15 Grand Prix assignments

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    In case anyone cares: Barcelona GPF four-day passes go on sale tomorrow, per the Spanish federation's Facebook page.

Competition thread with more information:

Banned
    I hope next year SA is in Florida somewhere

hot pink shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by YLFan View Post
    I hope next year SA is in Florida somewhere
    Gosh, me too. But sadly I think it's highly unlikely, given that Florida is so far down south... :(

Yeah, the last time Skate America was held in the south was Dallas in 1993. Really, it's only been held in the south twice, 1992 Atlanta and 1993 Dallas. Unless you count Colorado Springs as "south," which I don't.

I was surprised to see it's only ever been held in California once - Oakland 1991...

Quote Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
    Yeah, the last time Skate America was held in the south was Dallas in 1993. Really, it's only been held in the south twice, 1992 Atlanta and 1993 Dallas. Unless you count Colorado Springs as "south," which I don't.

I was surprised to see it's only ever been held in California once - Oakland 1991...
    It was in Ontario, Calif. in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    It was in Ontario, Calif. in 2011.
    ha! I just didn't recognize Ontario as being in California

duhhhhh

Custom Title
    Hey guys I'm new here
    I don't know if anybody has already talked about this here but-
    I'm very excited about how well Sotnikova will be able to perform. .. after this whole drama in and after Sochi she really has all eyes on her and if she fails to deliver and say maybe even performs like in the last grand prix final they're really gonna 'rip her apart' if you know what I mean. .
    :/
    Has anybody else thought about this and is also a bit 'worried' considering her inconsistency over the last few years?

Quote Originally Posted by starlight97 View Post
    Hey guys I'm new here
    I'm very excited about how well Sotnikova will be able to perform. .. after this whole drama in and after Sochi she really has all eyes on her and if she fails to deliver and say maybe even performs like in the last grand prix final they're really gonna 'rip her apart' if you know what I mean. .
    Has anybody else thought about this and is also a bit 'worried' considering her inconsistency over the last few years?
    Of course, I feel for her a lot. Anything short of a spectacular performance will be heavily scrutinized by many, many people. I wish her nothing but the best though & I can only hope that people that aren't too fond of her don't spread around heavy criticisms and negativity. There are plenty of skaters I plain don't care for at all but I don't go on ranting about them because that is just unnecessary rudeness. It's out of our hands though, we will just have to wait and see how she performs

Custom Title
    @satine94
    Yes exactly!
    I kind of see two possibilities how this could turn out -
    Either it pushes her(since she's surely aware of it) and she can channel it into her performances in a positive way..
    Or it 'crushes' her like it did so many times in the past when the pressure was there but less...
    Really hoping for option number one
    But that's why I've been thinking, that for example Radionova and skaters like her who are still pretty 'new' and aren't carrying thaaat much weight on their shoulders could really come out this year and surprise a lot of people!
    But these are all just thoughts, let's wait and see

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by starlight97 View Post
    Hey guys I'm new here
    Hmm she's inconsistent but somehow I think she does better after being disappointed? After the GPF meltdown she stood up and brushed herself off and won Nationals and then got a second silver at Euros. After being left off the team event she again brushed herself off, put on her game face and skated her best in the singles competition. Maybe the disappointment of her title being so disputed might motivate her to give it her all, I think she said that she still wants a world title and a Euros title so we'll see.

Custom Title
    At least, Adelina has courage and passion to try for achieving more. She has 2 european silvers and the olympic gold but still want to achieve more. After Sochi games, I began to believe her more and more. Before Sochi, I could even say that she will never skate two good programs and win gold. Cause that was what she used to do. Usually good short program performances, but free skate mistakes... Now after Sochi, I believe that she has much more to achieve if she is on fire.

Welcome, Starlight97. Thanks for joining us!

I think Adelina will be fine. What's done is done. I believe that Adelina will be in the mix with everyone else once the new season begins.

I notice Amber Glenn's website now lists her 2014-15 SP as 'Summertime,' not 'You Lift Me Up.' Dunno if it means anything.

http://figureskatersonline.com/amberglenn/events/

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Good eyes, BG.

(Did you mean to post in the Programs thread? )
    Er, yes, I did. Guess I just saw '2014-15' and clicked through. LOL

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Don't know if anybody has heard yet, but Mari Vartman and Aaron van Cleeve have been given the NHK slot that has been vacated by Felicia Zhang and Nathan Bartholomay, who have withdrawn (see this thread for more)

Don't know who has got the Skate Canada slot, though.

Here is the announcement on Mari and Aaron's Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/Vartmann.Va...95724730476922

I think they're happy!

CaroLiza_fan

Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast