Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-15 Grand Prix assignments

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar

News

Cesario has been assigned to Skate America, per US Figure Skating.

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Glad to finally hear this

Custom Title
    So now only the Pairs TBD is up for grabs. Considering all the splits, is there any doubt this will go to Aaron/Settlage?

On the Ice
    It should go to them, even though they'd have two back to back assignments.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    So now only the Pairs TBD is up for grabs. Considering all the splits, is there any doubt this will go to Aaron/Settlage?
    Couldn't it also go to Nathan & new partner?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxiejan View Post
    They would have to be ready quickly but I can't think of any other reason why USFS would be holding back on this one last TBA. A/S have a decent shot at getting another substitute call.

Great news for Samantha!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxiejan View Post
    They just now teamed up, and it takes a while for a team to gel. They would have to prove themselves in a summer comp and they won't be ready for that immediately. Nathan is a lot shorter than Andrew, so Gretchen's timing on throws and lifts won't be the same. Both of them will have to make adjustments.

While I'm really happy Samantha Cesario has a second GP (and that USFSA showed confidence in her by giving her the Skate America spot), there's also a small part of me that is really sad Hannah Miller's shot at spot on the senior GP is basically gone now. I was holding out hope that Cesario might end up with a replacement spot at another GP and Hannah could get the Skate America spot (the only GP spot she realistically has a shot at).

Quote Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
    While I'm really happy Samantha Cesario has a second GP (and that USFSA showed confidence in her by giving her the Skate America spot), there's also a small part of me that is really sad Hannah Miller's shot at spot on the senior GP is basically gone now. I was holding out hope that Cesario might end up with a replacement spot at another GP and Hannah could get the Skate America spot (the only GP spot she realistically has a shot at).
    Yeah, it would have been great for Hannah to get a GP. But she still can impress through senior Bs and kill it at Nationals!

Custom Title
    If USFS really wanted to spread the wealth give someone like Miller or Long an SA spot, they should have avoided picking Nagasu for SA who almost surely would have ended up with another assignment elsewhere. Kind of a waste in terms of maximizing US assignments But maybe they're trying to make amends as she is certainly popular among the Friends of figure skating set who attends SA- probably much more so than Gracie.

And I am happy Mirai will get to enjoy a home GP for the first time since I think 2008. And Cesario certainly deserved a second spot. I'm sad for Miller who is a US favorite of mine who stupidly wasn't assigned to 2013 JW and then had a badly timed injury in fall 2013. Hopefully this fall she can set herself up better for next season at some senior Bs.

I'm really perplexed as why to A/S haven't gotten the SA nod yet. Especially with their coach already there for S/K. I can't imagine Nate and Gretchen could be ready...but maybe? Or perhaps Blackmer or Brittany Simpson and their new partners are looking strong?

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzy13 View Post
    If USFS really wanted to spread the wealth give someone like Miller or Long an SA spot, they should have avoided picking Nagasu for SA who almost surely would have ended up with another assignment elsewhere. Kind of a waste in terms of maximizing US assignments But maybe they're trying to make amends as she is certainly popular among the Friends of figure skating set who attends SA- probably much more so than Gracie.

And I am happy Mirai will get to enjoy a home GP for the first time since I think 2008. And Cesario certainly deserved a second spot. I'm sad for Miller who is a US favorite of mine who stupidly wasn't assigned to 2013 JW and then had a badly timed injury in fall 2013. Hopefully this fall she can set herself up better for next season at some senior Bs.

I'm really perplexed as why to A/S haven't gotten the SA nod yet. Especially with their coach already there for S/K. I can't imagine Nate and Gretchen could be ready...but maybe? Or perhaps Blackmer or Brittany Simpson and their new partners are looking strong?
    Or maybe Jessica Calalang and Zack Sidhu maybe are looking good. I think they are a very promising team and actually might surprise a lot of people this season.

Quote Originally Posted by flutzy13 View Post
    Well, also since A/S got the Skate Canada spot, they'd have to skate the two early GPs in a row. That's kind of a strategic disadvantage in some ways. On the other hand, this being their first season skating as seniors, this is bound to be a learning season for them anyway.

Well, also since A/S got the Skate Canada spot, they'd have to skate the two early GPs in a row. That's kind of a strategic disadvantage in some ways. On the other hand, this being their first season skating as seniors, this is bound to be a learning season for them anyway.
    Well at least we're not talking about some major time differences. Chicago (Skate America) and Kelowna, B.C. (Skate Canada) are only two time zones apart.

The Shibutanis in the 2011-2012 GP season skated at Cup of China in Shanghai then skated NHK Trophy the following week and won. The time difference was shorter --- only an hour.

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast