2014-15 Grand Prix assignments | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2014-15 Grand Prix assignments

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Hannah Miller was 2nd at Lombardia where she received her best ever personal score of 170.26
She is 73rd n World Standings and 34th this season. Her 170.26 is 11th on the season's best list.

I hope she gets a spot.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Skate Canada is unlikely to pick either Hannah Miller or Ross Miner, as both present too much of a challenge to the Canadian skaters. They could choose Michael Christian Martinez and Brooklee Han. Both are at Skate America, so don't present huge travel costs, and won't challenge Canadian skaters.

Bea

On the Ice
Stephen Carriere got the slot at Skate Canada, while Jin Seo Kim got the one at Cup of China.

Country
Russia
Substitute list of Ladies for today.
(place in SB list, best score, name, nation, number of assigned event if it is - 1 SA 2 SC etc.)
33 165.09 Riona KATO JPN 6
45 157.57 Kexin ZHANG CHN 3
47 155.87 Angela WANG USA 4
51 153.17 Mariah BELL USA
52 152.13 Miyabi OBA JPN 4
55 149.44 Elene GEDEVANISHVILI GEO 1
56 148.19 Barbie LONG USA
58 145.88 Natalia POPOVA UKR 1
59 145.15 Eliska BREZINOVA CZE 5
62 143.22 Anna OVCHAROVA SUI 6
64 142.87 Anne Line GJERSEM NOR 3
67 141.78 Madelyn DUNLEY CAN
69 141.25 Roberta RODEGHIERO ITA
70 140.51 Julianne SEGUIN CAN 2
71 140.31 Juulia TURKKILA FIN
73 139.42 Laurine LECAVELIER FRA 5
75 137.03 Kerstin FRANK AUT

65 142.32 Yasmin SIRAJ USA - not in ISP, retired.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kexin ZHANG is not on the Chinese National team
Yasmin SIRAJ has retired. She did not compete at Regionals this fall.

cjmorton29

Rinkside
What are people's thoughts on who will get the extra pairs spot? Calalang/Sidhu? Grenier/Deschamps? What is the possibility of Iliushechkina/Moscovitch of getting a spot? I know that new partnerships including a member that was high ranking the previous season, is eligible for 2 events. We can see this with Moore-Towers/ Marinaro, Bazarova/ Deputat and Leng/ Schnapir already. I generally have a good sense of who'll get the GP spots, but the pairs situation is so strange with so few available teams. Is there any other teams who are eligible? It seems that few other teams have reached the minimum technical scores.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
We'll have absolutely amazing season for skating pairs. Cherniavskaia and Souza-Kordyeru have two spots. Vartmann and van Cleave, too. Good for them, but it means that the level is... not as good as it could be. Gently saying.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Many of the hosts are picking substitutes that won't challenge their own skaters. That's why Brooklee Han was chosen for SC and not Angela Wang (who came thisclose to winning the SC Autumn Classic). Russia has yet to pick a pair to replace Kayne / O'Shea. Calalang / Sidhu, Purich / Wolfe and Grenier / Deschamps are all available for a second event, but they all just beat Davankova / Enbert at the SC Autumn Classic....

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Many of the hosts are picking substitutes that won't challenge their own skaters. That's why Brooklee Han was chosen for SC and not Angela Wang (who came thisclose to winning the SC Autumn Classic). Russia has yet to pick a pair to replace Kayne / O'Shea. Calalang / Sidhu, Purich / Wolfe and Grenier / Deschamps are all available for a second event, but they all just beat Davankova / Enbert at the SC Autumn Classic....

While I don't disagree that feds try to be strategic about substitute selections, Han was also likely chosen because it was easier to arrange travel for her on short notice, since she is already in North America. Since Weinzierl's withdrawal happened within a 14-day window before SC, SC was actually not obligated to replace her. I appreciate that they did.

(You could still argue they chosen Han over other arguably more talented North American-based skaters, like Miller/Wang/Bell/Kato.)

tulosai

Record Breaker
While I don't disagree that feds try to be strategic about substitute selections, Han was also likely chosen because it was easier to arrange travel for her on short notice, since she is already in North America. Since Weinzierl's withdrawal happened within a 14-day window before SC, SC was actually not obligated to replace her. I appreciate that they did.

+1

GF2445

Record Breaker
BROOKLEE!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

I'm happy for her. I hope she enjoys this experience.
She now has done 2 ISU Challengers, will do 2 Grand Prix Events and another Senior B. I hope she stays injury free.