2014-15 Grand Prix assignments | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2014-15 Grand Prix assignments

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Not to conspiratorial, but I doubt that Sotnikova's "injury" is the sole or even main reason for her withdrawal. Frankly, I was surprised that she opted to enter the GP. Definitely not a good start for her. Despite her maybe being the "darling of Rus. Fed. " as someone said earlier, Russia has enough talent to move on super quick! I don't think they'll be crying too much over her, it probably helps them make the Worlds decisions easier.

I was absolutely not surprised to see she withdrew. And I don't follow her so I didn't have any idea about a plaguing injury or whatnot.

ioanablabla

On the Ice
Country
Romania
I have a question related to Sotnikova: I read in an article posted around here that she competed in a B event. As far as I know she only did the open skate, am I wrong? I am very curious if the article stated the truth, cause I would like to see her new programs (I liked what I saw at the open skate, seemed promising)>

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have a question related to Sotnikova: I read in an article posted around here that she competed in a B event. As far as I know she only did the open skate, am I wrong? I am very curious if the article stated the truth, cause I would like to see her new programs (I liked what I saw at the open skate, seemed promising)>

Fancam from last week Russian Cup (Sochi):

SP 66+ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFFhox9rbyg
LP 129+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-kpaablJVI&feature=youtu.be

Country
Russia
Substitute list of Ladies for today.
(place in SB list, best score, name, nation, number of assigned event if it is - 1 SA 2 SC etc.)
33 165.09 Riona KATO JPN 6
47 155.87 Angela WANG USA 4
51 153.17 Mariah BELL USA
52 152.13 Miyabi OBA JPN 4
56 148.19 Barbie LONG USA
58 145.88 Natalia POPOVA UKR 1
64 142.87 Anne Line GJERSEM NOR 3
67 141.78 Madelyn DUNLEY CAN
69 141.25 Roberta RODEGHIERO ITA
70 140.51 Julianne SEGUIN CAN 2
71 140.31 Juulia TURKKILA FIN
73 139.42 Laurine LECAVELIER FRA 5
75 137.03 Kerstin FRANK AUT

After last assignments,
62 143.22 Anna OVCHAROVA SUI 5 6

There is a free spot at NHK Trophy, not for US and Japanese Lady, both USA and JPN have 3 places.
Pretenders are:
58 145.88 Natalia POPOVA UKR 1
64 142.87 Anne Line GJERSEM NOR 3
67 141.78 Madelyn DUNLEY CAN
69 141.25 Roberta RODEGHIERO ITA
70 140.51 Julianne SEGUIN CAN 2

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Madelyn Dunley was scheduled to compete in the JGP but was injured. I doubt she'd be ready for the GP.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Everytime I see this thread, I'm alway think to myself...my goodness who got injured today :(

amc987

On the Ice
Are those the scores Adelina got or what you're saying she'd get if she skated that in an international competition? For me, her free skate has a lot of potential. I think the instrumental version of Swan Lake she picked is grating and difficult to listen to for very long. She looked a bit rusty, but definitely in good shape. I do hope we get to see her compete in the 2nd half of the season!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://isuprod.blob.core.windows.net/media/181759/gp_dance_updated-nov14.pdf

Cappellini and Lanotte has WD from TEB. Anyone got a Top 5 Dance subs list (technically though, I don't think they have to fill the spot right?)

ETA: (from an earlier list with some edits)

SB 31: Testa/Csolley (SA)
SB 38: Orford/Williams (SA)
SB 41: Shtork/Rand
SB 42: KOSIGINA /MOROSHKIN
SB 48: PLUTOWSKA / GERBER

With C/L gone, looks like it will be a battle between Papadakis/Cizeron, Gilles/Portier and Hubbell/Donohue.

Last edited:

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
http://isuprod.blob.core.windows.net/media/181759/gp_dance_updated-nov14.pdf

Cappellini and Lanotte has WD from TEB. Anyone got a Top 5 Dance subs list (technically though, I don't think they have to fill the spot right?)

ETA: (from an earlier list with some edits)

SB 48: PLUTOWSKA / GERBER

With C/L gone, looks like it will be a battle between Papadakis/Cizeron, Gilles/Portier and Hubbell/Donohue.

P/G have split. So I think it would look more like

Kavaliova/Bieliaiev (135.1 score from Volvo Cup 2014)
Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen (131.62 from Skate Canada Autumn Classic 2014)
----
SB 49: Agafonova/Ucar

The question is if Challenger series scores bumps skaters from the 2013-14 Season's Best list, or merely expands the list. If the former, then the skaters below my dotted line are not on the substitution list.

Of course, I think there is a good chance C/L will not be replaced at TEB at all...

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are those the scores Adelina got or what you're saying she'd get if she skated that in an international competition? For me, her free skate has a lot of potential. I think the instrumental version of Swan Lake she picked is grating and difficult to listen to for very long. She looked a bit rusty, but definitely in good shape. I do hope we get to see her compete in the 2nd half of the season!

Actual scores. Of course with simplified tech elements due to her injury.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Jorik Hendrickx and Cherniavskaia/Souza-Kordyeru have withdrawn from NHK. Yuzuru is still listed, though. :drama: