Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Playing the game of COP: A case study.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post

4S
    4T
    3F
    ---
    3A-3T
    3A-2T
    3L
    3Z-1L-3S
    3Z

2A
    3A-3T
    3A
    --
    3Z-1L-3S
    3F-2T
    2A
    3Z
    3Lo
    You get what you pay for. The IJS pays for a jump every few seconds in the second half; a jump every few seconds in the second half is what they get.
    Last edited by Mathman; 06-29-2014 at 06:41 PM.

fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HanDomi View Post
    I can imagine when Yuzu will show to Brian idea of LP with 3 quads for the first time. Mr Orser will tell " OK, so you will do two quad toes and quad sal". Yuzu:" No,no I will do quad toe, salchow and the loop" Orser:
    I don't think the internet has yet invented the proper smiley to depict that conversation I don't think nature has yet invented that face
    sorry about the useless comment, I'll go and shut up now =]

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    You get what you pay for. The IJS pays for a jump every few seconds in the second half; a jump every few seconds in the second half is what they get.
    Jason must work really hard. The problem is guys like Hanyu and Fernandez will not stay on their current technical level, they will be rising it up even more. In this case one quad will not be enough. But I think he should add quad if he controls now fully or even with out it, because other guys will run away with the gap not being able to catch. He must gain experience with doing quads in programs.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    The problem with Yuzuru is he is stubborn as hell. No matter how many times he might fall, he insists on trying the jumps. and now he is landing 4loop in practice. I am afraid he will add 4loop as the 3rd quad in his next LP. his 4loop is quite beautiful, though. I only hope he stays healthy. those medals don't worth it.
    If that calms you down, if I remember correctly, Yuzu stated he really wants to go for 3 quads someday, but not next season. He also said he feels "the 4Lo is nearly there in practice", and seeing that his 4S was there I think about a year before he put it into a program, the 4 Lo will likely not pop up until the 2015-16 season
    One of those 3 quads would be in the 2nd half too, so his new SP layout with the 4T in the 2nd half might be like a test ride for the LP layout the following season.

Meh, and not to run out of here without saying something to the actual topic: great analysis Mrs.P!
    I wouldn't be surprised if Jason turned up with a solid 4T pretty soon, given his overall stronger toe jumps (which means he could start kicking even more butt!). If he doesn't, I wouldn't mind either. He's still going to be one of the highlights of every competition, even without the big jumps

Custom Title
    I first read "Jason had the highest + GOE overall by a hair " as "Jason had the highest + GOE overall by HIS hair". WHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    I first read "Jason had the highest + GOE overall by a hair " as "Jason had the highest + GOE overall by HIS hair". WHAT?
    +3

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    aerodynamics, perhaps? Lol

On the Ice
    Total side note, it's a wonder he doesn't tie it up into a bun. Every time I see Gracie skate exhibitions with her ponytail down it looks so... Whiplashy

Quote Originally Posted by aromaticchicken View Post
    Total side note, it's a wonder he doesn't tie it up into a bun. Every time I see Gracie skate exhibitions with her ponytail down it looks so... Whiplashy
    Total side note no. 2: He should! When I saw the one picture I've seen of him with a bun (which looked gorgeous) I immediately envisioned a martial-arts style program. It would be awwwwwweeeeesome!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aromaticchicken View Post
    . Every time I see Gracie skate exhibitions with her ponytail down it looks so... Whiplashy
    One of the most annoying things to see for me is skaters with longer hair in only a ponytail (extra points if it's a high ponytail)... to me it detracts from the aesthetics of the program, spins & jumps- with a tail whipping around your head

Custom Title
    Jason's ponytail has become so iconic that I think most--though no, not all--people would be disappointed if he cut it off. Even the USFSA hashtagged it once on one of their Twitter posts (I think they removed it quickly though). Now that's PONY POWER!

PS Thanks Mrs P for proving my point about how flexible COP is in terms of creating a winning strategy. It's one of the things I like best about it. I just wish TPTB would offer MORE options in terms of scoring, particularly with the highest point getting moves. We would see a good deal MORE variety in program construction and choreography if that were the case.

Custom Title
    I vote for him to cut it o/ ... them again I don´t like men with long hair, so what do I know?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2