Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How things work: figure skating - sport, living intrigue and deceit

How things work: figure skating - sport, living intrigue and deceit

Very interesting and spicy insider article from Russian Eurosport website:
    "Участница чемпионатов мира и Европы анонимно рассказала Eurosport.ru о виде спорта, живущем интригами и обманом."
    "Participant in World and European Championships anonymously told Eurosport.ru of sport, living intrigue and deceit."

http://www.eurosport.ru/figure-skati...o4617155.shtml

Google translation is far from perfect, but there is some crazy stuff inside: spying and intriguing parents, bully coaches, needles in the boots, cheating weigh-ins, locker-room wars, 15y olds in psychiatric hospitals, money, Plushenko , etc..

If someone has translated it already, please provide the link, thx!
    Last edited by witcher; 03-07-2015 at 07:50 AM.

Custom Title
    lolz

waiting for translation xd

Custom Title
    I read that a week ago and it seemed to be mostly nonsense. It is pretty funny though.

Finished reading google translation. Wow.
    That's one scumbag article, tabloid stuff at it's best, I'm very surprised Eurosport agreed to put it on the website. Blah.

Custom Title
    It's everywhere where there are kids involved in a highly competitve activity. Soccer moms in the US are not even a tiny bit better. The "Dance Moms" TV show might be a bit staged, but the reality is not really far off.
    I went through this toxic hell with all my kids and now I am glad it's over.
    Look: the Eteri's group alone is more competitive than the entire US skating combined. What do you expect then?

Quote Originally Posted by witcher View Post
    Finished reading google translation. Wow.
    That's one scumbag article, tabloid stuff at it's best, I'm very surprised Eurosport agreed to put it on the website. Blah.
    It's not tabloid stuff. It's a reality in any competitve soccer, swimming, dance, gymnastic, etc, kids club in the US.
    Last edited by Manitou; 03-07-2015 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
    It's everywhere where there are kids involved in a highly competitve activity. Soccer moms in the US are not even a tiny bit better. The "Dance Moms" TV show might be a bit staged, but the reality is not really far off.
    I went through this toxic hell with all my kids and now I am glad it's over.
    Look: the Eteri's group alone is more competitive than the entire US skating combined. What do you expect then?
    What are you saying? That some coach or parent had pushed Medvedeva, Lipnitskaya or Sakhanovich head against the wall, pulled them by hair in the air during practices or verbally abused them in locker room?

It's not tabloid stuff. It's a reality in any competitve soccer, swimming, dance, gymnastic, etc, kids club in the US.
    Divagating over athlete's sexlife or orientation is tabloid stuff for me.

Custom Title
    A disgusting interview. Even if 90% is correct the remaining 10% nonsense like: "Adelina is an angel - Yulia is a cursing monster, it is sex and alcohol everywhere, there are many gays in FS but not in Russia because the Russians are homophobic, etc." leaves a very bad taste in the mouth. She tells names but remains anonymous - scared about court litigations? In the comments the basic guess was unless it is an outright hoax, the interview was given by Yana Khokhlova.

Quote Originally Posted by witcher View Post
    Very interesting and spicy insider article from Russian Eurosport website:
    "Участница чемпионатов мира и Европы анонимно рассказала Eurosport.ru о виде спорта, живущем интригами и обманом."
    "Participant in World and European Championships anonymously told Eurosport.ru of sport, living intrigue and deceit."

http://www.eurosport.ru/figure-skati...o4617155.shtml

Google translation is far from perfect, but there is some crazy stuff inside: spying and intriguing parents, bully coaches, needles in the boots, cheating weigh-ins, locker-room wars, 15y olds in psychiatric hospitals, money, Plushenko , etc..

If someone has translated it already, please provide the link, thx!
    And Yulia etc..

Quote Originally Posted by samkrut@mail.ru View Post
    there are many gays in FS but not in Russia because the Russians are homophobic, etc.
    How stupid!

The King has arrived - no questions! plushyta's Avatar
    the entire article to me is more disgusting, than anything which any mentioned person from these tabloid story did it
    Last edited by plushyta; 03-08-2015 at 01:19 PM.

I have created this thread, because I thought it's some gossip article, spicy, but created in good tone.
    If I'd known the nature of it, I wouldn't have post it. Sorry guys.

Quote Originally Posted by samkrut@mail.ru View Post
    A disgusting interview. Even if 90% is correct the remaining 10% nonsense
    I really, REALLY hope 90% of it is not correct...
    Last edited by witcher; 03-08-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Custom Title
    I think big chunks of it are based on the truth. But as it happens with gossips, even if they are based on truth, everyone adds a bit and the final outcome is not the truth any more. If it wasn't at least partially truth, why so many official people connected with Russian skating would be commenting on that?

Why would the interview 'has to' be made by Yana Khokhlova? You are unhappy that you don't know who posted it, but by guessing you may be spreading another gossip and smearing a name of possibly innocent person. Besides, Vaitsechovskaya wrote something about the poster being talented skater in juniors but not successful in seniors and therefore bitter. Khokhlova was pretty successful in seniors, considering that she has bronze at worlds and twice bronze and once gold at Europeans. I don't think she fits the description.

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I think big chunks of it are based on the truth. But as it happens with gossips, even if they are based on truth, everyone adds a bit and the final outcome is not the truth any more. If it wasn't at least partially truth, why so many official people connected with Russian skating would be commenting on that?
    They did???

it is the truth dramatized or exaggerated

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post

Why would the interview 'has to' be made by Yana Khokhlova? You are unhappy that you don't know who posted it, but by guessing you may be spreading another gossip and smearing a name of possibly innocent person.
    If it were referred to me I just said that there were several comments "identifying the writer" based on: she mentioned the partner, hence, she is not from singles. She mentioned Zhulin, and she had a lot of interactions with Johnny Weir. These three "data points" resulted in the hypothesis. Frankly speaking, I did not follow FS when Yana Khokhlova skated so I don't have idea who she is in the first place. Of course, it is absolutely possible that she has nothing to do with this and as I said it may be a hoax same as yet uknown "Russian expert" who told a French magazine that the Russians agred with the Americans that we get ladies and they will get dance in Sochi.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast