2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

ice coverage

Record Breaker

VirMo

On the Ice
I love how he didn't just enter the 3A from a spread-eagle--he went back into the spread-eagle on the exit. Feels like a coherent part of the program rather than just, "Let's raise my transitions mark!"

I'll need to see the step sequence before I'm sold on the program completely...

Oh my.. he may be the best jumper in male singles skating in this era

foruiz

Final Flight
I think these programs are still in construction and need more details. For sure they will refine their programs in time.
That's right , I think part of the news on Yuzu's SP debut on DOI mentioned that it was only ten per cent complete.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Someone said Javi already has 4lz and 4Lo. Is there any chance he will show off these 2 new jumps in his long program next season? I am very exciting!:yay: go Javi!

What a pity there isn't any video of Javi's 4Lz and 4loop yet. We will have to wait and see. :think:

Anyways, this is Yuzuru's 4loop in practice, cleanly landed: http://youtu.be/iVGUyhxFCc8

Should he get rid of that 4S and change to the 4loop?

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Someone said Javi already has 4lz and 4Lo. Is there any chance he will show off these 2 new jumps in his long program next season? I am very exciting!:yay: go Javi!

What a pity there isn't any video of Javi's 4Lz and 4loop yet. We will have to wait and see. :think:

Anyways, this is Yuzuru's 4loop in practice, cleanly landed: http://youtu.be/iVGUyhxFCc8

Should he get rid of that 4S and change to the 4loop?

Javi is getting older so I think if he has the jumps it is time to try them :biggrin:

Well if Javi wants to beat Yuzuru he must attempt higher difficulty. I have feeling he will use two quads in SP. I hope for great Yuzu/Javi battle at GPF and Worlds :popcorn:

jimeonji

Final Flight
Javi is getting older so I think if he has the jumps it is time to try them :biggrin:

Well if Javi wants to beat Yuzuru he must attempt higher difficulty. I have feeling he will use two quads in SP. I hope for great Yuzu/Javi battle at GPF and Worlds :popcorn:

It's going to be a battle for sure, especially now that Javi can get 90+ PCS. Now that we've seen Yuzuru do 4lo :love: I really want to see Javi's!! Post Olympic season is already exciting!!

Meoima

Match Penalty
In Javi Fernandez's video of his new SP, someone said "two quads planned".
Oh my god! :slink: he will has a monster score if executed it well!

Go Javi!:yay:

Here, 2 quads but it seems he miss/let out the final combo: http://youtu.be/vELBcJEujJM

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I like the SP! I think it fits Javi very well. He did some really interesting moves in the step sequence too (only criticism is that it seemed to last forever :slink:).

Should he really got a two-quad SP though? I mean, I say go for it if he just wants to do two quads! But it seems like an unnecessary risk. If he messes up--and that's likely--it'll drop him down further in the standings compared to just doing a clean one-quad SP.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I guess Javi would rather take a higher risk for bigger scores in the SP than in the LP, less jumps are required. His SS are lacking so he knows it's unlikely for him to get high PCS so he's going for the jumps

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Unlikely for him to get high PCS? He already gets huge PCS and as long as he does all of the transitions and jumps, it will just continue to get higher. If he skates clean with all of those jumps in the SP, he will set a new world record and Hanyu won't be able to catch him unless he also adds Quad Sal to the SP. This next 4 years for the Men is going to be about having both a Quad Toe and Quad Sal. PCS aren't going to matter much at all. That score is mainly just a marker of past achievements + how consistently you execute all of your tech content (including transitions) anyway. Since all of the top competitors will hit 9's regardless of their actual performance and program, the real difference in scores will come down to tech content. Rotating your quad or not is now more important than the entire scope of artistry. The decision of the tech panel to call a quad underrotated or not will have more influence than anything else.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Ooooh, I really like Fernandez's new SP. It suits him very well.

Fernandez and Hanyu are going to be nipping at each other's heels with this kind of planned layout.

foruiz

Final Flight
^yes yes yes, it will be a fraternal war between the Orser boys! But they are not facing off for the GPs. Maybe there will be B competitions where they can go head to head

anyanka

Record Breaker
^yes yes yes, it will be a fraternal war between the Orser boys! But they are not facing off for the GPs. Maybe there will be B competitions where they can go head to head

Yuzu and Javi have already faced off at worlds this year in Japan ... and at year's end we can look forward to their showdown at GPF in Spain. Can't wait. :)