fotwizzle

Spectator
Holly Moore & Daniel Klaber (J4)

Short dance: Sounded like Shakira? Possibly Hips Don't Lie
Free Dance: Addams Family

source: Skate Detroit exhibitions

Anastasi14

On the Ice
I'm a bit disappointed with Adelina's choice of music for FS. I think she is capable of more and deserves more interesting programs that will show her individuality. I also hoped that she would have worked on her choreo, but I don't see any improvement in this program, even if it's only an exhibition number. Arms looks very unpolished and messy. And I don't think that a young girl can make from Malade a mature and meaningful program. But for exhibition is ok.

wanpe

On the Ice
omg NO we are NOT getting into yet another Sotnikova-Yuna argument on yet another thread

Not necessarily, Adelina is a reigning Olympic Champion, so people expect her to show what Champion's performance is like (I guess).
I just can't wait to see her competition programmes (with quad jumps maybe :p).

Meoima

Match Penalty
Not necessarily, Adelina is a reigning Olympic Champion, so people expect her to show what Champion's performance is like (I guess).
I just can't wait to see her competition programmes (with quad jumps maybe :p).
I expect the same, I mean after what she did at Sochi, her best performance by far and I was really moved, I do expect her to skate as powerfully again. For the quad jumps I don't expect too much, but other than that I want to see her fire and energy.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Brittany Jones & Joshua Reagan CAN

SP WE soundtrack, choreo by Mark Pillay.
FS Young & Beautiful, from Great Gatsby soundtrack, also choreographed by Pillay.

Per @LynnRutherford's reporting from Skate Detroit (Jul 24)

ETA:

- Chelsea Liu & Brian Johnson USA (junior pair)

SP Mary Poppins; vocals included; choreo by Christine Binder

https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/status/492482915381411841

- Kailey Matkin & Justin Highgate-Brutman USA (junior pair)

SP La Traviata, choreo by Brooke Castile

https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/status/492479479000731648

Alba

Record Breaker
Finally!! I've been waiting for years for somebody to skate to my favourite concerto! :love:

I adore that concerto too. The second most loved in my list. :love:

Adelina Sotnikova
FS "Je suis malade"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHHCaXV4F9A&list=UUn0jt61Kcp5aY7HDiOOrhlQ
( she skated the layout of the second part of the program)

Are you sure this is part of her FS? I read an article, two months ago, that she's getting her own music. She's working with Bel Suono, but maybe that's the SP.

My suggestion for Adelina's FS would be get a great choreo for Brahms violin concerto. I can totally see that music with her skating.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Finally!! I've been waiting for years for somebody to skate to my favourite concerto! :love:
:love: also my favourite violin concerto!!! why no one ever skate to this master piece until now I don't understand!:eek:

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States

It's a glorious piece and I love that it will be showcased by a Finnish skater! :clap:

Speaking of Sibelius, does anyone know whether any skater(s) have ever used the 4th movement of his 2nd Symphony? That wonderful sweeping theme and those beautiful brass parts... :love: :love:

Alba

Record Breaker
Speaking of Sibelius, does anyone know whether any skater(s) have ever used the 4th movement of his 2nd Symphony? That wonderful sweeping theme and those beautiful brass parts... :love: :love:

I don't think so. The only thing I remember from Sibelius in FS it's Valse Triste.

LuisRollerArg

On the Ice
Are you sure this is part of her FS? I read an article, two months ago, that she's getting her own music. She's working with Bel Suono, but maybe that's the SP.

My suggestion for Adelina's FS would be get a great choreo for Brahms violin concerto. I can totally see that music with her skating.

Bel Suono will be used in her SP!