2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
... gawd I'm bored already.

LOLOLOL--that was EXACTLY my first thought too. Word for word. Oooohhhhhhhhh (where is that theremin when I need it???)!

:rofl:

Oh, and flutzy, thanks for passing along the scoop. Off to Youtube to see if I can track down the music...

96skiluvr

On the Ice
Phil Hersh just tweeted re Jason's new programs.

Philip Hersh ‏@olyphil · 11m
@jasonbskates to debut new programs Fri/Sat at Broadmoor Open. The scoop: SP-Little Walter’s "Juke” LP - Maxime Rodriguez’ Tristan & Iseult"

You sure? That tweet isn't there anymore

ETA: Nevermind, found it!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

@jasonbskates to debut new programs Fri/Sat at Broadmoor Open. The scoop: SP-Little Walter’s "Juke” LP - Maxime Rodriguez’ Tristan & Iseult"

Wow! Love the contrast of styles! And his FS is definitely a departure from his lyrical FS (and Riverdance!!!)

FSGMT

Record Breaker

Thank you, I like these choices! I think they will allow him to take new directions: the SP can be really enjoyable and crowd-pleasing as long as it doesn't have the typical boring jazz/swing/twist choreography (I trust in Ward); the FS will obviously require drama, and we didn't really get it from Jason recently, so :popcorn:

flutzy13

On the Ice
With Jason pretty much confirmed for Broadmoor, I wonder if any of the other CO Springs skaters- Aaron, Farris, Scimeca/Knierim, Aaron/Settlage- will be debuting program(s) next weekend. Hope so!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
With Jason pretty much confirmed for Broadmoor, I wonder if any of the other CO Springs skaters- Aaron, Farris, Scimeca/Knierim, Aaron/Settlage- will be debuting program(s) next weekend. Hope so!

Aaron and Farris are on the roster for the Vail Invitational (July 9 to 13) -- both men for both SP and FS.

ETA: Thanks for Hersh's tweet with the Brown news. @jasonbskates retweeted it, so I would say the confirmation is 100%.​

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

:yay:

anyanka

Record Breaker
LOLOLOL--that was EXACTLY my first thought too. Word for word. Oooohhhhhhhhh (where is that theremin when I need it???)!

:rofl:

Oh, and flutzy, thanks for passing along the scoop. Off to Youtube to see if I can track down the music...

They're good athletes, very capable skaters, but they have zero presence and are completely unmemorable. Look at how they were shunted down off the podium when I/K got their **** together in Sochi and skated lights-out. Skating second to last in the final flight, B/S were utterly forgettable. Even W/P and C/L in the group before were better.

Sorry, but they're not distinguishing themselves by dancing to an old chestnut that's been far better done in the past by Witt, Navka / Kostomarov, Plushy, V/M, B/B (1985 Worlds) ... the list goes on.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I want Russian duelling Carmens for the drama factor. :popcorn: But I want it from S/K and I/Z! Complete with both teams doing the exact same lift, and some kind of diva face-off. And hopefully without one party severely under-performing a la Debi Thomas (I really disliked her Carmen even outside of the mistakes though).

B/S doing Carmen would just be... well... I'll keep an open mind. I don't think they're a horrible team or something. I also don't mind the use of old music as long as it's done well. But I gotta admit, the following thought did cross my brain: At least it's SD and not FD. It'll be over quickly. :laugh: Felt pretty terrible afterwards, but still.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I want Russian duelling Carmens for the drama factor. :popcorn: But I want it from S/K and I/Z! Complete with both teams doing the exact same lift, and some kind of diva face-off. And hopefully without one party severely under-performing a la Debi Thomas (I really disliked her Carmen even outside of the mistakes though).

B/S doing Carmen would just be... well... I'll keep an open mind. I don't think they're a horrible team or something. I also don't mind the use of old music as long as it's done well. But I gotta admit, the following thought did cross my brain: At least it's SD and not FD. It'll be over quickly. :laugh: Felt pretty terrible afterwards, but still.

OK, so B/S, S/K AND I/Z ALL DO CARMEN.
THAT I can be down with. :)
I'll give B/S some credit ... they're pretty consistent, so if one of the other teams falter, or both, then they would move to the head of the line.
And to be fair I think B/S will be Russian #1 next season in any event, and challenge for the worlds podium.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Prediction: S/K and I/Z both do wonderful, innovative Carmens while B/S predictably does a snoozefest. However, S/K and I/Z both choke up at Worlds--the former has no twizzles, and the latter fall during a lift... thus causing B/S to come out ahead to the ire of people everywhere.

Oops, wrong thread?

anyanka

Record Breaker
Prediction: S/K and I/Z both do wonderful, innovative Carmens while B/S predictably does a snoozefest. However, S/K and I/Z both choke up at Worlds--the former has no twizzles, and the latter fall during a lift... thus causing B/S to come out ahead to the ire of people everywhere.

Oops, wrong thread?

I wouldn't say "ire". I'm not a big fan of theirs but they're hardly offensive. They just won't generate the excitement that D/W or V/M or even I/K at Sochi would.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Oops, wrong thread?

It won't irritate me. :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
"ire" in the sense of "annoyance S/K and I/Z couldn't get their act together despite having fabulous programs," not hatred toward B/S.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Thank you, I like these choices! I think they will allow him to take new directions: the SP can be really enjoyable and crowd-pleasing as long as it doesn't have the typical boring jazz/swing/twist choreography (I trust in Ward); the FS will obviously require drama, and we didn't really get it from Jason recently, so :popcorn:

Agree.

Very good and different to choose blues for a Short Program. I'm sure Jason's musicality and a choreographer as inventive as Little Walter will result in a great performance :thumbsup:

I'm positive about the dramatic Tristan & Iseult as well. Listening to the music I can almost imagine him skating to it. Wonder if it will be a bit 'Candelorish' :laugh:

Really excited to watch both programs.

anyanka

Record Breaker
"ire" in the sense of "annoyance S/K and I/Z couldn't get their act together despite having fabulous programs," not hatred toward B/S.

Gotcha.
And I really hope people don't hate on B/S! Despite my carping at how I personally am not their biggest fan, they seem like lovely people.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Agree.

Very good and different to choose blues for a Short Program. I'm sure Jason's musicality and a choreographer as inventive as Little Walter will result in a great performance :thumbsup:

I'm positive about the dramatic Tristan & Iseult as well. Listening to the music I can almost imagine him skating to it. Wonder if it will be a bit 'Candelorish' :laugh:

Really excited to watch both programs.

Oooh, very exciting. I wanted Jason to do a "classical" piece, but was worried he would go for one of the warhorses. I love this choice... very dramatic, and I think he'll be able to show more emotional range with such an expressive/explosive piece.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Yankowskas/Gaman SP music choice seems to be Phantom.

And Alex Johnson hinted that his FS has something to do with Johnny Depp.

Yes, when I read that part of the article it made me wonder if Max is taking the lyric route. I kinda hope it's Camerlengo for the LP if he's not getting both programs from Pillay. Not Nichol again...

Actually, that's a really good article (I know, I know, I just said something positive about Evil Z). I like these:

Can't be sure, but your wish (and mine) re Camerlengo for Max's FS is looking quite plausible.
Agree that Tom Z's blog entry was very thoughtful.

ETA:

There was a previous thread on this topic here:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?49360-Programs-2014-2015-unofficial-preview-thread

From that thread:

Alexa Scimeca & Chris Knierim: Wizard of Oz free skate (some people thought this could be a joke though)
Joshua Farris: retaining the Schlinder's list free skate
Lukas Kaugars: Frank Sinatra short program
Haven Denney and Brandon Frazier: Unchained Melody for the short and Lion King for the freeskate

Belated thanks to BG :bow: for carrying over the stuff from the earlier preview thread for 2014/15. Sorry that I forgot before to say thanks.
IIRC, Scimeca/Knierim had said at the same time that Lion King was their second choice after the Wizard of Oz. Dunno whether they were in joking in both, one, or none of their comments.​