2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

foruiz

Final Flight
Yuzu and Javi have already faced off at worlds this year in Japan ... and at year's end we can look forward to their showdown at GPF in Spain. Can't wait. :)
Yes, I was happy with the results with all my favorites on the podium for the men's :biggrin: There will the be GPF and Worlds 2015 to look forward to.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Guys, I have collected all the info I have so far about programs, and, as always, it is now the first post in this thread.

If you see any errors, (and I am sure there will be some) please post a correction here?

Last edited:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Unlikely for him to get high PCS? He already gets huge PCS and as long as he does all of the transitions and jumps, it will just continue to get higher. If he skates clean with all of those jumps in the SP, he will set a new world record and Hanyu won't be able to catch him unless he also adds Quad Sal to the SP. This next 4 years for the Men is going to be about having both a Quad Toe and Quad Sal. PCS aren't going to matter much at all. That score is mainly just a marker of past achievements + how consistently you execute all of your tech content (including transitions) anyway. Since all of the top competitors will hit 9's regardless of their actual performance and program, the real difference in scores will come down to tech content. Rotating your quad or not is now more important than the entire scope of artistry. The decision of the tech panel to call a quad underrotated or not will have more influence than anything else.

True but I find that PCS drops after Olympic season is over, and Hanyu will have the advantage in the PCS department due to him being gold medalist, if Fernandez doesn't consistently land his jumps, his PCs will go down

I guess this is one of the frustrations with the new scoring system, they're doing whatever they can to max out the tech content that it becomes a jumping contest /sigh

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I guess this is one of the frustrations with the new scoring system, they're doing whatever they can to max out the tech content that it becomes a jumping contest /sigh

They were always maxing tech content to win, even in 6.0 era - Plushenko/ Yagudin / Goebel. It is nothing new. Level is just going forward and they are doing harder and harder stuff.

jace93

On the Ice
Unlikely for him to get high PCS? He already gets huge PCS and as long as he does all of the transitions and jumps, it will just continue to get higher. If he skates clean with all of those jumps in the SP, he will set a new world record and Hanyu won't be able to catch him unless he also adds Quad Sal to the SP. This next 4 years for the Men is going to be about having both a Quad Toe and Quad Sal. PCS aren't going to matter much at all. That score is mainly just a marker of past achievements + how consistently you execute all of your tech content (including transitions) anyway. Since all of the top competitors will hit 9's regardless of their actual performance and program, the real difference in scores will come down to tech content. Rotating your quad or not is now more important than the entire scope of artistry. The decision of the tech panel to call a quad underrotated or not will have more influence than anything else.

Actually Fernandez BV advantage may not be as great as one would think, unless at least one of his jumping passes his after the halfway mark...
If he jumps all of his jumps BEFORE the halfway mark his BV should be 46,90 (with steps and spin all level 4), Hanyu current layout would have a BV of 44.54 (also with all step and spin at level 4) so a 2,36 points difference, but since Yuzuru usually beats Javier both in GOE and in PCS (especially in the Sp, where Fernandez often struggles), then if both went clean the final result would be very hard to call...
Obviously if Javier puts one of his jumping passes after the Half way mark then he would have more room for breath, but still not enough to be sure of his win...

Krunchii

Record Breaker
They were always maxing tech content to win, even in 6.0 era - Plushenko/ Yagudin / Goebel. It is nothing new. Level is just going forward and they are doing harder and harder stuff.

I didn't really have the internet as a source back in that era since I was too young but I'm pretty sure back then we didn't have 9 out of the top 10 men (in the FS) at Olympics attempting quads only for 7 of them to mess up on one or more in some way, there were men who were even lower in the rankings attempting quads too, it's just really extreme to me now and all this quad talk just sounds like a really good way to end your career early (which is exactly what I don't want)

Victura

On the Ice
Guys, I have collected all the info I have so far about programs, and, as always, it is now the first post in this thread.

If you see any errors, (and I am sure there will be some) please post a correction here?

Thank you for compiling the list, Doris! Very helpful for reference. Is it possible to put a sticky on this thread, as it had been in the past?

I'm not sure if this is where I should put this question, but has anyone heard anything about Takahiko Kozuka in the off season? There was mention that he needed hip surgery and was postponing it because of the Olympic season. Did he elect to have it? Any news on his new programs?

Barb

Record Breaker
Thank you Doris :) . And Victura, I am curious about Taka Kozuka too, I know he decided to continue this season, but I dont know why he did not got surgery.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
They were always maxing tech content to win, even in 6.0 era - Plushenko/ Yagudin / Goebel. It is nothing new.

They maxed out on the necessary jumps. They didn't have to add in extra double toeloops and double axels and contorted spin positions and extremely long and unnecessary footwork. Everything is just technical now. Taking time to emote and interact with the audience can actually hurt your score because you're not showing a transition in that space of time. Really sad.

What I find most telling is that in the ENTIRE 4 years since the "choreographic footwork sequence" was introduced to CoP, not a single one of those sequences comes anywhere close to being as good as the ones Yagudin did in 2002 or the other great ones we saw in the early years of CoP when people were marrying 6.0 ideals with just a little more structure. Skaters aren't exploring artistry when given the opportunity (since they aren't being rewarded for it); they are just using this sequence to show off more difficulty. Heaven forbid someone actually go in a straight line or circle across the ice with speed and excitement.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Ashley Shin
SP: My Way
LP: Red Violin
(I saw her do the programs at Bluebonnet Open. Recognized the first, someone else ID'ed the second)

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
They maxed out on the necessary jumps. They didn't have to add in extra double toeloops and double axels and contorted spin positions and extremely long and unnecessary footwork. Everything is just technical now. Taking time to emote and interact with the audience can actually hurt your score because you're not showing a transition in that space of time. Really sad.

Yeah, but was it really better? I mean - figure skating is a sport. Artistic sport but sport anyway. But yet great artists on the ice are noticeable, appreciated by judges. Just look at the way Daisuke Takahashi is performing - he doesn't need any winging, blinking and twinkling to the audience, he just skate and audience loves it. He knows the way of putting the artistic impression into his very difficult programs. Or the most significant pairs - isn't the artistry which made Germans better than Canadian at Worlds 2013 (Canadian had higher TES and better SP)? And what about Volosozhar and Trankov if they don't do any quad jumps, triple axel or quad twist? Nay, they are insisting on quality, not a difficulty itself and repeating that they want to make show on the ice, create their own story, not only to "produce" jumps, death spirals, spins and lifts. They are even better saying that it is their task to focus on beauty of movements since so many of them are just strange (e.g. some lifts).

Back to topic, does anybody knows anything about new programs of Berton/Hotarek? Who's the choreographer - still Camerlengo and Krylova or Wilson?

FSGMT

Record Breaker

Thank you Doris as always!! :clap:
Just one thing: I probably missed something about Liza skating to Bolero for her SP... :confused: And, in her IN interview she says that her FS will have an Indian theme (if it's not Latin, it is going back to her "exotic" junior style :bang: )

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Madeline Aaron & Max Settlage, from the recent GS interview eith them.

The team will be debuting two new programs, both choreographed by Marcotte. The short program will contain selections from the ballet Coppelia, while the long will be to music from The King and I.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Vanessa Grenier & Maxime Deschamps, Canada's Junior Pairs champions, have announced their programs in the new GS interview. They will debut as seniors at the Quebec Summer competitions.

programs, both choreographed by Julie Marcotte (Bruno’s sister), for this season. For the short, they will be skating to a foxtrot remix of Frank Sinatra’s classic Cheek to Cheek.
“This style hasn’t been done much in pair skating and we also like the fact that it’s very joyful, just like our personalities,” said Grenier.
For the long, they will be performing to music from the movie Somewhere in Time.
“We watched the movie to get inspired and we feel like we can relate to the story

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker

I'm excited to follow Yusuru, Jason and Javier next season, all for different reasons. Seems like they are preparing well with smart programs :clap:

Very curious about Jeremy's Free Skate program as well :)

I wonder why some are so secretive about their choices. I would think it's a good idea to tell as soon as possible if someone else chose the same music. If I were a figure skater I would like to be the only one using a certain music/song.

desertskates

Medalist
Yes, according to an Ice Network article, Grace is keeping her short program for the new season.
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/07/01/82515850

Thanks for sharing the link! I loved Gracie's new short last year, I think recycling is a good move. And the rest of the article gives me a change of heart towards her for sure. I always read her as a bit robotic. But I'll soften up to any food nerd, and the thought of anyone under so much pressure is a little tough to swallow. I hope she does well in the coming year :)