2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 51 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
from jgp Ljubljana and jgp Ostrava- dance updates

Angelique Abachkina & Louis Thauron FRA
SD Samba: Dans ma chambre by Dany Brillant, Rhumba: Quand je vois tes yeux, Samba; choreo Bourzat & Shpilband
FD Nimbooda Nimbooda, Silsila ye chohat ka, Dhoom Toana; choreo Bourzat & Shpilband

Jake Fearnley & Eleanor Hirst GBR
SD Cha Cha Cha: Let's Get Loud performed by Jennifer Lopez hi
Samba: Whenever - Whereever by Shakira
FD Overture from Westside Story by Leonoard Bernstein

Sara Ghislandi & Giona Terzo Ortenzi ITA
SD Rhumba: Besame Mucho, Samba: Mas Que Nada
FD The Artist Overture (The Artist soundtrack) by Ludovic Bource
Happy Ending (The Artist soundtrack) by Ludovic Bource
Waltz for Peppy (The Artist soundtrack) by Ludovic Bource
Peppy and George (The Artist soundtrack) by Ludovic Bource

Xibei Li & Guangyao Xiang CHN
SD Bella Maria de mi Alma by The Mambo Kings; Choreographesr: Chen Wang, Xun Zheng
FD La Vie en Rose performed by Edith Piaf, Choreographers: Chen Wang, Xun Zheng

Daria Morozova & Michael Zhirnov RUS
SD Samba,Rhumba,Samba
FD Asturias from Mirrors (soundtrack) by Javier Navarette,Pan's Labyrinth Lullaby from Mirrors (soundtrack) by Javier Navarette

Carolina Moscheni & Adam Lukacs HUN
SD Samba: Samba Vocalizado
Cha Cha: Baila Con Rigo performed by Michael Buble
Samba: Batacuda by DJ Nero; choreo Fusar-Poli & Shpilband
FD Toccata performed by David Garrett
Nocturne by Frederic Chopin performed by David Garrett
Scherzo by Ludwig van Beethoven performed by David Garrett; choreo Fusar-Poli & Shpilband

Katharina Müller & Tim Dieck GER
SD Samba,Rhumba, Samba; choreo Mark Hanretty
FD Burlesque (soundtrack); choreo Mark Hanretty

Christine Smith & Simon Eisenbauer AUT
SD Rhumba: Cantico, Samba: Going Back to My Roots; choreo by Jana Huebler
FD Let It Be by The Beatles, Help by The Beatles, Can't Buy My Love by The Beatles; choreo by Jana Huebler

Valerie Taillefer & Jason Chan CAN
SD Rhumba: Rumba del Bongo (from "Contigo Me Voy"), Samba: Mi Buen Amor by Gloria Estefan; choreo by Shae Zukiwsky
FD Blow Gabriel, Blow (from "Anything Goes") by Cole Porter, Anything Goes; choreo by Shae Zukiwsky

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Ice Dance

Alexandra Aldridge & Daniel Eaton USA
SD Carmen; choreo by Massimo Scali, Marina Zoueva, and Jennifer Swan
FD Gone With the Wind soundtrack; choreo by Scali and Zoueva ...

Just noticed that Jennifer Swan is a choreographer for Aldridge/Eaton's Carmen!?! :eek:

I remember an old article in which Swan said that she hoped to work again with Team Canton -- on choreo for skaters besides Virtue/Moir.
But I don't like the idea of Swan choreographing Carmen for another Canton dance couple, unless it looks/sounds/feels COMPLETELY different from V/M's.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It is bound to feel different because of 2 Paso sequences..and only one lift, because it is an SD.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It is bound to feel different because of 2 Paso sequences..and only one lift, because it is an SD.

Thx, Doris. I hear what you're saying ... but I guess I was talking about the overall vibe.

The whole idea just does not feel right to me -- not that my opinion matters. ;)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I envision it as the bull fight scenes with the matador, not the relationship scenes between Carmen & Don Jose, which is what V&M's seemed to be about to me. I hope it will be different.

Alba

Record Breaker
Alena Leonova
SP Charlie Chaplin theme
LP Tango

Also, Yulia is changing her new FS. It's not going to be Mulan. :p

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Alena Leonova
SP Charlie Chaplin theme
LP Tango

Also, Yulia is changing her new FS. It's not going to be Mulan. :p

Soooo what now?! Carmen/Poto/Warhorse/Russian composer? Don't be a cliché please. Bummer I was very curious how that would work out with Mulan! Particularly the costumes.

Actually I have always figured Yulia would rock in Kill Bill! 1000% more convincing than Akiko's version anyway. Besides, Black Mumba destroys Black Swan easily.

Alba

Record Breaker
Soooo what now?! Carmen/Poto/Warhorse/Russian composer? Don't be a cliché please.

No, I don't think so. She is putting a lot of thoughts and interests into it.

As per her interview, posted in her topic and russian skate test:

"The short was easy, but we had problems with the free. After the Olympics, I didn't want to skate to something trivial, and I also thought we should postpone serious things for a while. After The Schindler's List I needed to switch to something else. First we tried the sountrack to the movie "Perfect Sense", and initially, everyone was really excited about that, but it didn't work out. Maybe because I did not like either the music or the idea. There were some interesting details, but it just didn't work well as a whole. It just wasn't me. Second variant was Mulan soundtrack. It's a cartoon, but the theme suited me, we could work with that. Besides, there were Chinese motives, and the World championships are held in Shanghai, so it would have been nice.

Now we are going to try another option, which both Eteri Georgievna and I like, but we will wait for Ilya to come back to hear his opinion. He has a fine understanding of music, he creates vivid and memorable programs, and we want to continue working with him."

Actually I have always figured Yulia would rock in Kill Bill! 1000% more convincing than Akiko's version anyway. Besides, Black Mumba destroys Black Swan easily.

I agree. But she did that as an exhibition program so I don't think she is going for that. Not yet at least.
I would love to see her with Kill Bill as FS. Maybe it's better to wait another year though. More mature and more developed, hopefully.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
May I ask what the source is for the information that Jennifer Swan is working with Aldridge and Eaton?

Good question -- although I know that Doris is a stickler for listing only credible information.

After I noticed the entry in the master list on the first page, I tried searching the thread, but did not find a post about Swan and A/E.
And I didn't see anything in Aldridge/Eaton's Icenetwork bio, on their official website, or in recent GoldenSkate and IN articles. :think:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I seem to remember it being froman interview somewhere, but I didn't save the link.

Since I can't find it now, and they are not acknowledging Swann on their website, I took it out.

Last edited:

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
Perhaps I used the wrong term when I said Choreography by Marina Zoueva, Massimo Scali, and Jennifer Swan. Marina choreographs the Short Dance with assistance from Massimo. They arrange the music, the placement of the technical elements, and make it as entertaining and pleasing as they can, without violating the choreography restrictions in order to achieve the highest score possible. Specialty coaches like Jennifer Swan and Sharna Burgess assist with grace and interpretation during the very short time (2:50) that is available in these tightly packed short dances.

Alex and Daniel love working with Jennifer and at no time has there been any intent to imitate their friends, Tessa and Scot, who also skated to “Carmen”. Jennifer Swan is from London, Ontario, and although Daniel was born and raised in Florida his roots are Canadian, with many, many relatives all living in towns between London, Ont, and New Waterford, Nova Scotia. His family ancestry starting back in Annapolis Valley, in present day Nova Scotia and reaching westward into Upper Canada where his Great Grand Parents helped build the Temiskaming & Northern Ontario Railway from North Bay to James Bay in late 1800,s into early 1900’s.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Perhaps I used the wrong term when I said Choreography by Marina Zoueva, Massimo Scali, and Jennifer Swan. Marina choreographs the Short Dance with assistance from Massimo. They arrange the music, the placement of the technical elements, and make it as entertaining and pleasing as they can, without violating the choreography restrictions in order to achieve the highest score possible. Specialty coaches like Jennifer Swan and Sharna Burgess assist with grace and interpretation during the very short time (2:50) that is available in these tightly packed short dances.

Alex and Daniel love working with Jennifer and at no time has there been any intent to imitate their friends, Tessa and Scot, who also skated to “Carmen”. Jennifer Swan is from London, Ontario, and although Daniel was born and raised in Florida his roots are Canadian, with many, many relatives all living in towns between London, Ont, and New Waterford, Nova Scotia. His family ancestry starting back in Annapolis Valley, in present day Nova Scotia and reaching westward into Upper Canada where his Great Grand Parents helped build the Temiskaming & Northern Ontario Railway from North Bay to James Bay in late 1800,s into early 1900’s.

Thanks for the clarification, TM. :) And I hope that you were not offended by my comments.

My eyebrows would pop up next season as well if (hypothetically ;)) the tables were turned and not only were a DSC couple's SD music to come from the same Indian selections as Alex and Daniel's FD music, but also the same consultant(s) previously brought in through Alex and Daniel's personal connections were involved again. (I do remember that you told us that the doctor who treated Daniel's father was a catalyst for this program.)

Anyway, best to Alex and Daniel for a good season. And thx for sharing that they are working also with Sharna Burgess. :cool: I had read elsewhere only something nonspecific about her doing stuff with Team Canton.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am so glad to hear that Sharna is doing some work with Team Canton! And excited to see how the programs turn out! Good luck to Daniel & Alex in the coming season!

Last edited:

cornell08

Final Flight
"Xibei Li & Guangyao Xiang CHN
SD Bella Maria de mi Alma by The Mambo Kings; choreo by Chen Wang and Xun Zheng
FD La Vie en Rose performed by Edith Piaf, choreo by Chen Wang and Xun Zheng
"

Why are Wang/Zheng choreographing…?