2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 67 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

bramweld

Record Breaker
Not a masterpiece for me but I like it very much. The only thing that doesn't convince me is the lift because it looks very awkward, especially the exit.

The costume here is nice but too simple. I would like them wear something more sophisticated.

Well, yes it is early in the season but you sort of get what they're going for? But yes that pale pink washes her out, she needs a richer colour.

Alba

Record Breaker
Well, yes it is early in the season but you sort of get what they're going for? But yes that pale pink washes her out, she needs a richer colour.

No I meant that a masterpiece, for me at least, is something like V&M Carmen or Mahler.
This is not at that level, and I doubt it will be even in the end of the season. But, as I said, I like it very much.
The ending is beautiful and different by the way.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
WTH? S/H's programs are done by DW. Nothing to do with that old witch.

I think the same :) but Zueva choreographed their programs the previous seasons, for quite a long time, so they probably simply didn't change it in a bio :D

bramweld

Record Breaker
No I meant that a masterpiece, for me at least, is something like V&M Carmen or Mahler.
This is not at that level, and I doubt it will be even in the end of the season. But, as I said, I like it very much.
The ending is beautiful and different by the way.

Okay, gotcha. But it will be nice to see it in 2 weeks :)

blancanieves

On the Ice
Not a masterpiece for me but I like it very much. The only thing that doesn't convince me is the lift because it looks very awkward, especially the exit.

The costume here is nice but too simple. I would like them wear something more sophisticated.

I'm going to guess they'll have different costumes for their GP debut.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Anna and Luca's FD. A masterpiece, enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dx82UZ65UA
I really like it (Zoueva's style 100%, but in a good way), just a couple of small criticisms:
1) The speed: you can't really judge basing on a video, but it looks like it could be greatly improved
2) The second and the third lift: the first one is great, the second and the third are not going with the music (and this was one thing I really liked about last season's FD) and they look a bit slow and (especially the second one) awkward...
I'm excited about seeing it in the GP, hoping that they'll improve these two things :popcorn:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Updated Cup of China bios

Pairs
Arina Cherniavskaia & Antonino Souza-Kordyeru RUS
SP Moon River by Andy Williams; ; choreo by Alla Kapranova
LP In the Mood by Glenn Miller, I Know Why (from "Sun Valley Serenade") by Glenn Miller; choreo by Alla Kapranova

Xuehan Wang & Lei Wang CHN
SP Romance; choreo by David Wilson
LP My Fair Lady by Frederick Loewe; choreo by David Wilson

Xiaoyu Yu & Yang Jin CHN
SP Yulunga (Spirit Dance) by Dead Can Dance; choreo by David Wilson
LP Humility and Love (from "Creation" soundtrack); choreo by David Wilson

Ladies

Anne Line Gjersem NOR
SP Fly by Celine Dion; choreo by Michael Huth, Hanna Gradevik
LP Un ange passe by Alain Lefevre; choreo by Michael Huth, Hanna Gradevik

Dance - more about Papadakis &.Cizeron's SD

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron FRA
SD Paso Doble: Escobilla by Christina Hoyos, Flamenco: Farruca by Christina Hoyos; choreo by Romain Haguenauer
FD Adagio from Concerto No. 23 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil

Shiyue Wang & Xinyu Liu CHN
SD Paso Doble: A Bad Kitty by Herny Jackman, Paso Doble: Farewell to San Ricardo by Henry Jackman, Flamenco: Diablo Rojo by Rodrigo y Gabriela; choreo by Krylova & Camerlengo
FD The Artist Ouvreture (from "The Artist" soundtrack) by Ludovic Bource, Waltz for Peppy (from "The Artist" soundtrack) by Ludovic Bource, Peppy and George (from "The Artist" soundtrack) by Ludovic Bource; choreo by Krylova & Camerlengo

Yiyi Zhang & Nan Wu CHN
SD Paso Doble: Un Amor, Flamenco: Cancion Triste, Flamenco: Patio; choreo by Krylova & Camerlengo
FD The Reprimand (from "Prince of Egypt" soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer, Deliver Us (from "Prince of Egypt" soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer; choreo by Krylova & Camerlengo

Men

more info abou Han Yan's LP

Han Yan CHN
SP If I Were a Rich Man by Back Harnick; choreo by Lori Nichol
LP Fly Me to the Moon by Bart Howard; choreo by Lori Nichol

Li Wang CHN
SP Waltz No. 2 by Dmitri Shostakovich; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo
LP An American in Paris by George Gershwin; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
More Updates from Cup of China

Dance

Yue Zhao & Xun Zheng CHN
SD Paso Doble: Torero (from "Carmen" by Rodion Shchedrin), Flamenco: Farrucas by Pepe Romero; choreo by Xun Zheng
FD Cartoon by Raphael Beau, Oblivion by Astor Piazzolla, Assassin's Tango (from "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" soundtrack) by John Powell; choreo by Xun Zheng

Men
Yuhang Guan CHN
SP Violin Concerto in D major by Peter I. Tchaikovski; choreo by Feng Huang
LP Bon Voyage by Vangelis, Conquest of Paradise (soundtrack) by Vangelis; choreo by Jinlin Guan

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Moris was added to CoR. Here's his program music.

Moris Kvitelashvili RUS
SP Interview with the Vampire (soundtrack); choreo by Alexei Zhelezniakov
LP Blues for Elise by Wolf Hoffmann, After Dark by Tito & Tarantula, Blue Jean Blues by ZZ Top, Looking for a Fox by Dan Aykroyd, John Goodman, Blues Brothers Band

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Do we have Leng/Shnapir?

SP - Carmina Burana by Carl Orff, performed by Edvin Marton
FS - Miss Saigon by Claude-Michel Schoenberg, performed by Sean Alderking
Choreography: Julie Marcotte

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Chris & Cathy Reed make their season's debut at NHK Trophy.

Here are their programs:

Cathy Reed & Chris Reed JPN
SD El Cid - Farruca by Thomas Hickstein, Elva La Guardia, Gato Montes by Hugo Montenegro; choreo by Marina Zueva, Massimo Scali & Oleg Epstein
FD Moon River by Henry Mancini, Mr. Lucky by Henry Mancini, The Big Blow Out by Henry Mancini; choreo by Marina Zueva, Massimo Scali & Oleg Epstein

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Daisuke Murakami has a different SP than he used at Salt Lake, where he skated to SP The Wind and the Lion by Jerry Goldsmith; choreo by Lori Nichol.

Now he is listing:
Daisuke Murakami JPN
SP El Tango de Roxanne (from "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack); choreo by Phillip Mills and Jonathon Cassar
LP Piano Concerto Number 2 in C Minor by Rachmaninoff; choreo by Lori Nichol

It's nice to see Jonathon Cassar doing some more choreo.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Lubov Iliushechkina & Dylan Moscovitch CAN
SP Feeling Good by Michael Bublé; choreo by David Wilson
LP From Russia With Love by John Williams; choreo by David Wilson

performed at Challenge, the qualifier for Canadian Nationals.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Kiira Korpi recently won Golden Spin with the following programs:
SP A Day In the Life by The Beatles; choreography by Shae Lynn Bourne and Jeffrey Buttle
LP Violin Concerto in D minor, op. 47 by Jean Sibelius; choreography by Shae Lynn Bourne and Jeffrey Buttle