2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 50 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Maia Shibutani/Alex Shibutani
SD: Flamenco/Paso Doble (no music selections mentioned yet)
FD: "Rosen aus dem Süden" (Roses From the South) and "The Blue Danube" by Johann Strauss

ice coverage

Record Breaker
SD: Flamenco/Paso Doble (no music selections mentioned yet)
FD: "Rosen aus dem Süden" (Roses From the South) and "The Blue Danube" by Johann Strauss

Thanks, Mrs. P. :)

Interesting that Maia apparently is the one who wrote their lengthy Facebook post and is the one who arranged their new FS music.

And cool :cool: that Charlie White is mentoring them.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I like the music but I was hoping something more original

Well at least it wasn't Carmen (though we don't know their SD music yet) or POTO! Strauss isn't exactly a warhorse, especially the first piece.

elif

Medalist
Looks like every dance team goes for something slow or quiet in free dance because short dance is dramatic. ;)

Well at least it wasn't Carmen (though we don't know their SD music yet) or POTO! Strauss isn't exactly a warhorse, especially the first piece.

Music is not problem for me. One of the most loved and remembered free dance of Virtue/Moir is Carmen. Its Zoueva choreography I'm scared of. :no:If she choice something original, she goes to different cheographers and we usually see great programs like Bollywood-Carmen but when she goes to her kind of programs, she usually just repeating herself :disapp:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Music is not problem for me. One of the most loved and remembered free dance of Virtue/Moir is Carmen. Its Zoueva choreography I'm scared of. :no:If she choice something original, she goes to different cheographers and we usually see great programs like Bollywood-Carmen but when she goes to her kind of programs, she usually just repeating herself :disapp:

I guess we'll see. According to IN bio, Scali has a hand in the choreography and I feel like the fact they made a point of mentioning him in FB, that he is don't more then checking in on them.

Alba

Record Breaker
It suits her perfectly, but I'm scared about her dress and arm movements :slink::biggrin:

I'm not sure it does. We saw this season with mermaids. It was a heavy music for her, and by the end she was kind of trying to keep up with the music and was tired. Can you imagine with Stravinsky?

I'm a fan of Stravinsky and I really want to see a proper Firebird skated.
Till now, no one has fully sadisfied me, but Machida came close.

I like the first choice very much. I think it suits them very well.
I'm not sure about "The Blue Danube", but it also depends wich bit are they going to use.
I'm curious actually, to see them with a Waltz as FD. Did they had any before? I can't remember now.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'm a fan of Stravinsky and I really want to see a proper Firebird skated.
Till now, no one has fully sadisfied me, but Machida came close.
I am a fan of Stravinsky as well, and no one ever satisfied me, even Machida (I even call his program flappy bird, IMO).
But who knows, Anna Pogo has the fire in her heart, maybe she can do it. Her body type will look great with a decent costume. But I am not even sure her costume will look decent. :sarcasm:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I like the first choice very much. I think it suits them very well.
I'm not sure about "The Blue Danube", but it also depends wich bit are they going to use.
I'm curious actually, to see them with a Waltz as FD. Did they had any before? I can't remember now.

No they have not:
2007: Memoris of a Geisha
2008: Taiko Drum music
2009: Cinema Paradiso
2010: Tango Rhapsody
2011: Smile/Let's Face the Music and Dance
2012: Sun Valley Serenade soundtrack
2013: Memoirs of a Geisha
2014: Michael Jackson

In 2011, they skated to the Carousel Waltz for their SD. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFm5BmwD7-M

Though I think the music selections will make this FD different from the SD.

Alba

Record Breaker
I am a fan of Stravinsky as well, and no one ever satisfied me, even Machida (I even call his program flappy bird, IMO).
But who knows, Anna Pogo has the fire in her heart, maybe she can do it. Her body type will look great with a decent costume. But I am not even sure her costume will look decent. :sarcasm:

I'm not a fan of Machida, at all. In fact, you could say that I don't even like him (no reason just I don't like him, liked Kovtun).
However, I think he did a pretty good job in terms of intensity and keeping up with that music, which is hard.
I was stunned when I saw Juulia Turkkila with Stravinsky. What on earth was she thinking?! :slink:
Loved her costume though and she is so beautiful.

I have no doubt that Anna has the fire, and if she can make it she will look great. But it's a demanding and exhausting piece of music to skate. That's my only concern.

Come to think of Stravinsky, The Rite of Spring is not often used in FS.
I think that's his masterpiece.

Alba

Record Breaker
No they have not:
2007: Memoris of a Geisha
2008: Taiko Drum music
2009: Cinema Paradiso
2010: Tango Rhapsody
2011: Smile/Let's Face the Music and Dance
2012: Sun Valley Serenade soundtrack
2013: Memoirs of a Geisha
2014: Michael Jackson

In 2011, they skated to the Carousel Waltz for their SD. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFm5BmwD7-M

Though I think the music selections will make this FD different from the SD.

Thanks. :)

I remember the waltz as SD but I wasn't sure about the FD.
I agree with you, it will be completely different as FD for sure.
I like the idea.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Come to think of Stravinsky, The Rite of Spring is not often used in FS.
I think that's his masterpiece.
I like Rite of spring, too. But I prefer petrushka if skaters want to sell the character. You have 4 characters to choose and the music is haunting. :love: why no one chooses that music I don't know. Why just firebird??. :bang:

Alba

Record Breaker
But I prefer petrushka if skaters want to sell the character. You have 4 characters to choose and the music is haunting. :love: why no one chooses that music I don't know. Why just firebird??. :bang:

I agree on that. :thumbsup:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I like Rite of spring, too. But I prefer petrushka if skaters want to sell the character. You have 4 characters to choose and the music is haunting. :love: why no one chooses that music I don't know. Why just firebird??. :bang:
Klimkin did a great Petrushka :love: