Page 11 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Someone said Javi already has 4lz and 4Lo. Is there any chance he will show off these 2 new jumps in his long program next season? I am very exciting! go Javi!

What a pity there isn't any video of Javi's 4Lz and 4loop yet. We will have to wait and see.

Anyways, this is Yuzuru's 4loop in practice, cleanly landed: http://youtu.be/iVGUyhxFCc8

Should he get rid of that 4S and change to the 4loop?
    Javi is getting older so I think if he has the jumps it is time to try them

Well if Javi wants to beat Yuzuru he must attempt higher difficulty. I have feeling he will use two quads in SP. I hope for great Yuzu/Javi battle at GPF and Worlds

hot pink shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by HanDomi View Post
    Javi is getting older so I think if he has the jumps it is time to try them

Well if Javi wants to beat Yuzuru he must attempt higher difficulty. I have feeling he will use two quads in SP. I hope for great Yuzu/Javi battle at GPF and Worlds
    It's going to be a battle for sure, especially now that Javi can get 90+ PCS. Now that we've seen Yuzuru do 4lo I really want to see Javi's!! Post Olympic season is already exciting!!

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    In Javi Fernandez's video of his new SP, someone said "two quads planned".
    Oh my god! he will has a monster score if executed it well!

Go Javi!

Here, 2 quads but it seems he miss/let out the final combo: http://youtu.be/vELBcJEujJM

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    In Javi Fernandez's video of his new SP, someone said "two quads planned".
    Oh my god! he will has a monster score if executed it well!

Go Javi!

Here, 2 quads but it seems he miss/let out the final combo: http://youtu.be/vELBcJEujJM
    Thank you

Custom Title
    I like the SP! I think it fits Javi very well. He did some really interesting moves in the step sequence too (only criticism is that it seemed to last forever ).

Should he really got a two-quad SP though? I mean, I say go for it if he just wants to do two quads! But it seems like an unnecessary risk. If he messes up--and that's likely--it'll drop him down further in the standings compared to just doing a clean one-quad SP.

Custom Title
    I guess Javi would rather take a higher risk for bigger scores in the SP than in the LP, less jumps are required. His SS are lacking so he knows it's unlikely for him to get high PCS so he's going for the jumps

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Unlikely for him to get high PCS? He already gets huge PCS and as long as he does all of the transitions and jumps, it will just continue to get higher. If he skates clean with all of those jumps in the SP, he will set a new world record and Hanyu won't be able to catch him unless he also adds Quad Sal to the SP. This next 4 years for the Men is going to be about having both a Quad Toe and Quad Sal. PCS aren't going to matter much at all. That score is mainly just a marker of past achievements + how consistently you execute all of your tech content (including transitions) anyway. Since all of the top competitors will hit 9's regardless of their actual performance and program, the real difference in scores will come down to tech content. Rotating your quad or not is now more important than the entire scope of artistry. The decision of the tech panel to call a quad underrotated or not will have more influence than anything else.

Custom Title
    Ooooh, I really like Fernandez's new SP. It suits him very well.

Fernandez and Hanyu are going to be nipping at each other's heels with this kind of planned layout.

Custom Title
    ^yes yes yes, it will be a fraternal war between the Orser boys! But they are not facing off for the GPs. Maybe there will be B competitions where they can go head to head

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by foruiz View Post
    ^yes yes yes, it will be a fraternal war between the Orser boys! But they are not facing off for the GPs. Maybe there will be B competitions where they can go head to head
    Yuzu and Javi have already faced off at worlds this year in Japan ... and at year's end we can look forward to their showdown at GPF in Spain. Can't wait.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    Yuzu and Javi have already faced off at worlds this year in Japan ... and at year's end we can look forward to their showdown at GPF in Spain. Can't wait.
    Yes, I was happy with the results with all my favorites on the podium for the men's There will the be GPF and Worlds 2015 to look forward to.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Guys, I have collected all the info I have so far about programs, and, as always, it is now the first post in this thread.

If you see any errors, (and I am sure there will be some) please post a correction here?
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 06-30-2014 at 04:39 PM.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Thank you Doris!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Unlikely for him to get high PCS? He already gets huge PCS and as long as he does all of the transitions and jumps, it will just continue to get higher. If he skates clean with all of those jumps in the SP, he will set a new world record and Hanyu won't be able to catch him unless he also adds Quad Sal to the SP. This next 4 years for the Men is going to be about having both a Quad Toe and Quad Sal. PCS aren't going to matter much at all. That score is mainly just a marker of past achievements + how consistently you execute all of your tech content (including transitions) anyway. Since all of the top competitors will hit 9's regardless of their actual performance and program, the real difference in scores will come down to tech content. Rotating your quad or not is now more important than the entire scope of artistry. The decision of the tech panel to call a quad underrotated or not will have more influence than anything else.
    True but I find that PCS drops after Olympic season is over, and Hanyu will have the advantage in the PCS department due to him being gold medalist, if Fernandez doesn't consistently land his jumps, his PCs will go down

I guess this is one of the frustrations with the new scoring system, they're doing whatever they can to max out the tech content that it becomes a jumping contest /sigh

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunchii View Post

I guess this is one of the frustrations with the new scoring system, they're doing whatever they can to max out the tech content that it becomes a jumping contest /sigh
    They were always maxing tech content to win, even in 6.0 era - Plushenko/ Yagudin / Goebel. It is nothing new. Level is just going forward and they are doing harder and harder stuff.

Page 11 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast