2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Scimeca and Knierm have reveled their programs: http://figureskatersonline.com/scimeca-knierim/summer-days/

Short program is El Tango de Roxanne (with vocals). Long program is to An American in Paris.

Thanks, Mrs. P. So either their Wizard of Oz tweet long ago was a joke or they changed their minds (as anyone is free to do, of course). Sorry if I was gullible back then. Given that skaters have competed to the likes of Mary Poppins, Oz did not sound unthinkable to me.

Anyway, best to S/K.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Thanks, Mrs. P. So either their Wizard of Oz tweet long ago was a joke or they changed their minds (as anyone is free to do, of course). Sorry if I was gullible back then. Given that skaters have competed to the likes of Mary Poppins, Oz did not sound unthinkable to me.

Anyway, best to S/K.

I feel gullible too, but hey, we had World and Olympic medalists who skated to Addams Family! (And for the record I enjoyed it!)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I feel gullible too, but hey, we had World and Olympic medalists who skated to Addams Family! (And for the record I enjoyed it!)

That was a very weird choice of music, but I think it totally worked for them! I'm curious to see what S/K come up with for programs this season and hope they've upped their tech content to push V/T a little bit.

anyanka

Record Breaker
For Kavaguti & Smirnov ... since they didn't get to use their 2013/14 programs, may we presume that they will likely keep them for this next year? The FS is a good one, it shows off his power and her trademark flexibility. What a shame that we never got to see it in Sochi.

DianaSelene

Medalist

desertskates

Medalist
As per her Twitter, Kiira just finished up her new long with ShaeLynn Bourne and is really excited about it :)

TMC

Record Breaker
We do have this lovely thread RE: what music people should skate to: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?49471-Music-people-should-be-skating-to

I'd be glad to move your posts, TMC and DianeSelene, to that thread. :)

That would be great if you could do it. Thanks. :)

Thanks! I realised like 15 minutes after I'd posted that and switched off that I should have posted in that other thread :rolleye: But happy that you are here to help us Mrs P ;)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Nicole Orford & Thomas Williams FD will be to the Titanic soundtrack; choreo by Mark Pilay.

lutzlover

On the Ice
I saw Max Aaron skating to "Footloose" today during a practice. He fast forwarded to the middle so I have no idea what the length is...I don't think it's for exhibitions since he attempted a 3A.

Icey

Record Breaker
Men as his level don't do triple axels in exhibition? I've never really noticed, but when I read your post, I was surprised that would be the case.

lutzlover

On the Ice
Men as his level don't do triple axels in exhibition? I've never really noticed, but when I read your post, I was surprised that would be the case.

The only men I've seen attempt 3As in exhibitions is Yuzuru and Joshua Farris...idk I just assumed Footloose wasn't for EX bc men usually choose their most consistent jumps to do in shows, and 3A never struck me as one of Max's favorite/consistent jumps.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I saw Max Aaron skating to "Footloose" today during a practice. He fast forwarded to the middle so I have no idea what the length is...I don't think it's for exhibitions since he attempted a 3A.

My immediate reaction to this post? "Oh, HELL YES!" Was it the original Kenny Loggins version or the rubbishy modern remake?

Fast beat? Check. Fast rhythm? Check. Little bit of bad boy? Check. THIS IS SO MAX.

But I think Max has done 3As in exhibition before. I'm about 90% sure the original Nationals version of Black Betty had one, and that he repeated it in the WTT Gala. I'll have to go back and double check.

And yeah, Joshua does the 3A as a regular part of his exhibitions, and let's not get started on Plushenko, who loves it, and Gachinski, who actually uses the 3A to mark other jumps. (We need a "crazy!" emoticon...)

skatetalent

Spectator
I also noticed 15 years old Nam Nguyen did 3A in exhibition at Star on Ice and many other shows. Japanese skaters did 3a in exhibition as usual routine as well

lutzlover

On the Ice
My immediate reaction to this post? "Oh, HELL YES!" Was it the original Kenny Loggins version or the rubbishy modern remake?

Sorry, I'm not sure...the music quality in the rink was not the best. I'm edging towards the original, but don't take my word for it.