Page 13 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

Custom Title
    I've been critical of Bobrova / Soloviev due to personal preference, but I'll give credit where it's due: the Anna Karenina soundtrack for their 2014/15 FD is an excellent choice. Dario Marionelli's score is glorious, full of nuances and subtle drama. I look forward to seeing their interpretation.

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    I've been critical of Bobrova / Soloviev due to personal preference, but I'll give credit where it's due: the Anna Karenina soundtrack for their 2014/15 FD is an excellent choice. Dario Marionelli's score is glorious, full of nuances and subtle drama. I look forward to seeing their interpretation.
    The only problem I have with their programs is too much drama. Carmen+Karenina=Death! Twice not once.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    The only problem I have with their programs is too much drama. Carmen+Karenina=Death! Twice not once.
    Hopefully something playful for 2016? Their SD last season was excellent, there's a showmanship in the jazz number there that's joyous and infectious.

At least the AK score is light and delicate in many spots. It was otherwise Faust (death), then Tosca (insanity = death), Four Seasons (birds = death) and now Anna who throws herself under the train. Hopefully they'll pick up on one of the other aspects of the music, it's beautifully multi-layered.

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    Hopefully something playful for 2016? Their SD last season was excellent, there's a showmanship in the jazz number there that's joyous and infectious.
    I think they are much more lyrical than Zhulin thinks. Also, Jazz number would be great for them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    I think they are much more lyrical than Zhulin thinks. Also, Jazz number would be great for them.
    Agreed. I thought their first SD for the Olympic season was fabulous. The second for me was meh. They could handle more sophisticated choreo with ease, if given the chance.

Where can I find videos of Mirai's and Ashley's programs?

Medalist
    In Gold's interview they said she'll do two triple-triples in the long.. what can that mean...?
    A 3lz-3t and 3f-3lo maybe?

But...

Quote Originally Posted by supsu View Post
    In Gold's interview they said she'll do two triple-triples in the long.. what can that mean...?

But...
    Maybe she wants to go back to the 3F+1Lo+3S Anyway, she doesn't need them: 7 triples+two 2As if skated clean is all she needs to win in any competition

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supsu View Post

But...
    More likely 3F 1/2Lo 3S, or something of that sort with the 3lz3t. She used to include a jump of this sort, but dropped it this year. I really doubt she wouid be doing a combo with a 3Lo as the second jump.
    She used to do one of those.

Min/Koleto are working with Christopher Dean for their FD!

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/07/03/82717466

Ice dancing legend Christopher Dean only choreographs for a few teams each season. He recently spent two weeks working with Korean dance team Yura Min and Tim Koleto on a new free dance, which they plan to debut at the U.S. International Classic in Salt Lake City in September.

Koleto told us he wanted to work with Dean, particularly because of his work with Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier.

"We always loved Piper and Paul's programs," he said. "We thought they were interesting and intricate. Paso [Doble] (the 2014-15 short dance rhythm) was going to be so intense; it has a strong, aggressive character. We wanted to do the polar opposite of that for the free dance."

Dean, Koleto and Min chose music from the movie The Triplets of Belleville, along with Caravan Palace's "Suzy."

"I love it," Min said. "It's a lot different from what people usually choose. I feel like we chose really good music that fits our style; it's quirky and cute and fun."

"You can throw sophisticated in there too," Koleto added. "It's very surreal."

The team's coach, Igor Shpilband, choreographed their short dance to "Malaguena" and "Fiesta Flamenca" by Monty Kelly.

Custom Title
    Katelyn is apparently using Camerlengo for her LP?

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    Thank you Doris . And Victura, I am curious about Taka Kozuka too, I know he decided to continue this season, but I dont know why he did not got surgery.
    AFAIK he decided against surgery because of the risk of not being able to come back or having to take a long time off. I believe it's a congenital condition. I guess he won't be competing for many more years and decided to keep going while he can.

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Hopefully it was not posted yet...

Dance:
    Monko & Khaliavin's FD - Sarabande by Handel

Stepanova & Bukin's FD - Beatles - Eleanor Rigby

Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    Hopefully it was not posted yet...

Dance:
    Monko & Khaliavin's FD - Sarabande by Handel

Stepanova & Bukin's FD - Beatles - Eleanor Rigby
    Thank you, very interesting choices! Both are very dramatic pieces, I think they can produce good programs with them... And, they were both used by D/W

Page 13 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 ... LastLast