Page 14 of 79 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

skating philosopher
    Well now that S/Z are no longer together, there needs to be a new Russian couple to dp D/W's greatest hits. LOL

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Here's the article annoucing S&B's programs. Translation is by Bing, with some work by me.

http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/...756243901.html

Moscow, 4 Jul-r-sports, Maria Vorobieva. 2013 world junior champions in ice dancing, Russians Alexandra Stepanov and Ivan Bukin in the new free dance will use the legendary Beatles song "Eleanor Rigby," as told to "r-Sports"by the skaters' coach, Alexander Svinin.

Stepanova and Bukin finished last season in sixth place in the Championship of Russia and didn't make it to the national team to participate at the European, world and Olympic Games. After this finish, the skaters returned to competition at the junior level, winning the Russian Junior Championship, but due to illness, the partners had to miss competing at the World Junior Championship.

"The short dance this season is a Paso doble-we are using a classic orchestral performance," said Svinin over the phone, "And for free dance, we chose a song by The Beatles, "Eleanor Rigby", is a very well known piece. I must say that this year the guys take on it will be very different. "

"The idea in principle," Svinin shared, "We have arranged the music in an interesting way-there is a violinist, the guys liked her very much. The words in the song begin in the second half of the program. We do not stray far from the theme song, which tells a story about lonely people. We tried to keep the mood of the song and lyric very strongly. In a nutshell-these are two lone Wanderer on ice ".

The coach also shared his impressions of the new short dance. "As it turned out, Sasha & Ivan have a very classic program," said Svinin. -"We picked up the song, which is very strong, with a good Orchestra, filling all their sound. In a word-it's a classic, and classic is always a very sound choice. "
    Monko & Khaliavin's FD, Sarabande, is from Monko/Khaliavin "Suite No. 4 in D-Minor" by Handel
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 07-05-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Well now that S/Z are no longer together, there needs to be a new Russian couple to dp D/W's greatest hits. LOL

Once again problems with music which was already used before…

I take like most famous Sarabande program Denkova & Staviski’s FD in 2004, but overall Sarabande was used by many skaters.

Eleanor Rigby was also used by Crone & Poirier, it was even choreographed by Chris Dean, who is not known for repetition of “another ice dancer‘s programs“.

I would rather say that Meryl and Charlie always tried to use well known melodies instead of looking for something completely new for ice dance, and like them many other skaters before them and after them had/have the same idea.

If you want to be precise, you should say also
    Meryl and Charlie used:
    - Sarabande FD in 2005/06 which was taken from Denkova & Staviski (FD in 2003/04)
    - Polovetsian Dances FD in 2006/07 which was taken from Bestemianova & Bukin (FD in 1988) and Domnina & Shabalin (FD in the same season 2006/07)
    - Phantom of The Opera FD in 2009/10 which was taken from their colleagues Chock & Zuerlein (FD in 2008/09)
    - Tango FD – everybody skated tango before them…and will after them…
    - Esmeralda FD in 2012/13 which was taken from Annissina & Peizerat famous exhi number or for example from Visnova & Csolley – 4th place at Junior World Champs 2011
    - My Fair Lady SD in 2013/14 which was taken from Faiella & Scali (SD in 2010/11)
    - La Traviata excerpt from their SD in 2010/11 was taken from Krylova & Ovsiannikov (SD in 1998/99)
    - Strauss was overused as well…
    - Samson and Dalilah, Kalinka and Scheherezade are overused in single cathegories or pairs…

Yes, fortunately D&W seldom used music that would make the a sizable group of listeners prefer to have repeated electrical shocks rather than have to hear their music again; this is not a bad thing, IMO.

skating philosopher
    Scimeca and Knierm have reveled their programs: http://figureskatersonline.com/scime...m/summer-days/

Short program is El Tango de Roxanne (with vocals). Long program is to An American in Paris.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Scimeca and Knierm have reveled their programs: http://figureskatersonline.com/scime...m/summer-days/

Short program is El Tango de Roxanne (with vocals). Long program is to An American in Paris.
    Thanks, Mrs. P. So either their Wizard of Oz tweet long ago was a joke or they changed their minds (as anyone is free to do, of course). Sorry if I was gullible back then. Given that skaters have competed to the likes of Mary Poppins, Oz did not sound unthinkable to me.

Anyway, best to S/K.

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Thanks, Mrs. P. So either their Wizard of Oz tweet long ago was a joke or they changed their minds (as anyone is free to do, of course). Sorry if I was gullible back then. Given that skaters have competed to the likes of Mary Poppins, Oz did not sound unthinkable to me.

Anyway, best to S/K.
    I feel gullible too, but hey, we had World and Olympic medalists who skated to Addams Family! (And for the record I enjoyed it!)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
    I feel gullible too, but hey, we had World and Olympic medalists who skated to Addams Family! (And for the record I enjoyed it!)
    That was a very weird choice of music, but I think it totally worked for them! I'm curious to see what S/K come up with for programs this season and hope they've upped their tech content to push V/T a little bit.

Rinkside
    Artur Gachinski - SP "Cry me a river" M.Bublè

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_ax...ature=youtu.be

Kaetlyn Osmond: LP choreographer Pasquale Camerlengo

Rinkside
    According to the latest interview from Hao Zhang http://www.sports.cn/jingji/zonghe/d...8/2338101.html
    Peng/Zhang SP would be Divertissement: Coffee: Arabian Dance from the Nutcracker - Ballet
    Their LP would be from Shostakovich Piano Trio No 2 In E Minor. May be the Iv Allegretto.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell0710 View Post
    According to the latest interview from Hao Zhang http://www.sports.cn/jingji/zonghe/d...8/2338101.html
    Peng/Zhang SP would be Divertissement: Coffee: Arabian Dance from the Nutcracker - Ballet
    Their LP would be from Shostakovich Piano Trio No 2 In E Minor. May be the Iv Allegretto.

Custom Title
    For Kavaguti & Smirnov ... since they didn't get to use their 2013/14 programs, may we presume that they will likely keep them for this next year? The FS is a good one, it shows off his power and her trademark flexibility. What a shame that we never got to see it in Sochi.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell0710 View Post

Bring it on!! I love me some Shostakovich.
    I'm sure they decided to try this music after Kostner's short program a few years ago.

skating philosopher
    We do have this lovely thread RE: what music people should skate to: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...-be-skating-to

I'd be glad to move your posts, TMC and DianeSelene, to that thread.

@KiaraR310: Peng/Zhang‘s new SP: The Nutcracker Arabian Dance
    FS: Shostakovich : Piano Trio No.2 in E minor Op.67
    http://t.co/2wUhdGuPeU

Page 14 of 79 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 ... LastLast