2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

Sequinedream

Match Penalty
Greetings everyone! First time posting, though I suppose I have been lurking for quite sometime. I am quite impressed by the knowledge of the sport many of you have and am thankful that you are willing to share and educate others.

...so here we go, I too do not like this style of program. I am also disappointed with the costume which I feel makes his arms look rather twig-like. Perhaps that is what Adam is going for, but I can't imagine the motivation behind that especially when his costumes last season were much more flattering. I understand the season following the OG can be used to try new things, experiment with packaging, and maybe adopt new styles, but as of right now I am a little disappointed. It's July, maybe I'll warm up to it, not that it matters. Please don't think I believe that I am that self-important. :)

Agree, disagree, support, dissect---make me feel like one of the gang. Lol, ;)

Welcome!:biggrin:

TMC

Record Breaker
And, as I have posted elsewhere, Adam *and* Jason appear to be going the suspenders route. Two in one season? :bang:

Two would be two too many suspenderographies in the history of figure skating, not just too many for one season :bang:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are suspenders becoming the new Carmen?? Even Adelina wore them in her summer exhibition. :bang: :bang:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ashley Cain USA
SP Mission: Impossible soundtrack; choreo by Scott Brown
LP Evita soundtrack, using vocals by Madonna; choreo by Scott Brown

Alexei Bychenko ISR
SP La Traviata
LP

Rebecca Peng USA
SP "Papa, Can You Hear Me?
LP Jekyll and Hyde

Véronik Mallet CAN
SP ballet Les Sylphides, choreographed by David Wilson.
LP Funny Girl soundtrack, choreo by Wilson

Franchesca Chiera USA
SP Luna
LP

Last edited:

centerpt1

On the Ice
:no: I understand that Adam was going for something "different" but this style does not fit him. He's too balletic for it. He's not a "raw" enough skater for this style. :eek:hwell:

He's very fluid-I like this for him. He needs to work a bit more on the styling of the program, but it's a new program for him. Great potential.

(but I agree, suspenders are so 2012)

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Marin Honda
SP: Charleston from Billion Dollar Baby choreographed by Tom Dickson
FS: Puccini’s Madame Butterfly choreographed by Tom Dickson

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Marin Honda
SP: Charleston from Billion Dollar Baby choreographed by Tom Dickson
FS: Puccini’s Madame Butterfly choreographed by Tom Dickson

Is Marin moving on to juniors or is she staying in novice?

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
He's very fluid-I like this for him. He needs to work a bit more on the styling of the program, but it's a new program for him. Great potential.

While I normally love his fluidity, it's just not meant for a jazz/swing type program. He's breaking into choreography on his own and should know jazz/swing isn't "fluid.":sarcasm:

breathesgelatin

Final Flight

I agree, there are some parts where the arms and hands could be smoother, and some places where they could be crisper. Overall the program could use a tad more polish. But overall, I think it's awesome! He captures the smooth jazz feel, and while it's not his traditional wheelhouse, I think it allows him to explore without going all postmodern rocker dude or something. I love it! But I guess I'm an Adam uber really.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
ooh and wasn't nagasu doing madame butterfly for her long as well?
Yepp, Mirai also choose Madame Butterfly but they won't meet since Marin is still novice, I think Mirai's has lyrics and I don't know if Marin's does or not

sigrid

On the Ice
Welcome DexterK! Post often, post long!

Regarding Adam's SP costume -- I bet that's not the costume for the program. It's probably being made as we speak and he just used whatever was was available for the exhibition.

I think it will be interesting to see Jason and Adam faceoff since they're both doing jazzy SPs. Granted Adam's is more big band and Jason's is blues, but the two pieces they're using (Tuxedo Junction for Adam; Juke for Jason) came out around the same time (late-1950s; Tuxedo Junction originally came out in 1938 but he is using the Quincy Jones version, which came out in the 1950s.).

Adam does seem to do better with lyrical pieces (see his FS from last season). But we don't know what his FS is for this season yet, so maybe he's going the classical route there.
It was mentioned something about a Liszt Piano Concerto a few months ago. He and Ashley talked about it on Twitter

vlaurend

Final Flight
:no: I understand that Adam was going for something "different" but this style does not fit him. He's too balletic for it. He's not a "raw" enough skater for this style. :eek:hwell:

Yes, this is his new short program. Personally, I love it! The first time I saw him skating it in practice, I was so excited because it was clear how much he loved the music and it was infectious. I also think this big band style music is a refreshing change of pace. I think the program will look better when he has his real competition costume (presumably a tuxedo, since he's skating to Tuxedo Junction) and maybe adds a little more styling to the first half of the program.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Charlie Bilodeau & Julianne Séguin CAN
SD
FD In Your Eyes, by Peter Gabriel; choreo Dubreuil & Lauzon