Page 18 of 87 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Ross Miner USA

SP non-vocal "The Way We Were" -- same as last season (Lori Nichol choreography)
    FS Andrea Bocelli's "Romanza" (i.e., with vocals)

Lori Nichol choreographed Ross Miner's new long program to Andrea Bocelli's "Romanza."
    "As soon as I heard it, I was like, 'Wow, that's really beautiful,'" Miner said. "I love Andrea Bocelli. His voice is a very expressive instrument; it's very easy to understand the emotion behind it. People don't need to understand the literal lyrics to feel the program. It's hard for me not to be moved while I'm skating to it. It's beautiful music, and you have to feel it and let it out."
    Miner said Nichol had suggested several other options for him, including Bruce Springsteen. He is keeping his non-vocal short program to "The Way We Were," although he did ask Mitchell, casually, whether they might want to re-cut the music to include a vocal track. Even if they had, it wouldn't have been the Barbra Streisand version.
    "I don't think you'll see many people skating to lyrics by the opposite gender," Miner said.
    Miner will skate both programs at the Philadelphia Summer Championships this week.

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/07/16/84921200

Medalist
    Aldridge and Eaton's programs, according to the new goldenskate article (http://www.goldenskate.com/2014/07/aldridge-eaton-make-switch-zueva/):

Their short dance, which took some serious thinking, will be to Carmen, while the free dance will be to music from The Godfather.
    Zoueva and Scali are choreographing the programs.

The 2014-2015 Ice Dance season: Now with even more Carmens!

(Apologies if people already knew this. I hadn't heard it yet and I didn't see their programs listed in the first post of this thread, so I thought it may be new information).

Custom Title
    I swear enough people are skating Carmen to perform the entire opera at this point

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunchii View Post
    I swear enough people are skating Carmen to perform the entire opera at this point

Custom Title
    All the Carmens are just frustrating. There's so much wonderful Spanish music out there (I personally love Spanish music), and everyone is just going for the safe option, i.e. Carmen, instead of picking a really interesting and beautiful piece of Spanish music

Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    All the Carmens are just frustrating. There's so much wonderful Spanish music out there (I personally love Spanish music), and everyone is just going for the safe option, i.e. Carmen, instead of picking a really interesting and beautiful piece of Spanish music
    Yep. I totally agree.

still fangirling for Toller... el henry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunchii View Post

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    The funny point is, Carment was written by a French composer. Seriously I wish someday they will skate to proper Spainish music, with Spanish vocal, somehting like this: http://youtu.be/nUFYBpF1mW8

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    The funny point is, Carment was written by a French composer. Seriously I wish someday they will skate to proper Spainish music, with Spanish vocal, somehting like this: http://youtu.be/nUFYBpF1mW8
    music is a universal langage ! Carmen was written by a French composer , and based on a novel written by a French writer, Prosper Merimée, also historian and archeologist.

In weibo, Li Zijun said that her exhibition gala music is I dreamed a dream. (She said she used 1 day to choreograph this program.)
    Just wanna say, another Les Mis again...

Custom Title
    Takahito Mura's programs from his fan page, I don't think it was posted here
    SP: Violin Concerto by Mendelssohn, choreo by Kenji Miyamoto
    FS: Phantom of the Opera, choreo by Tom Dickson, apparently this one will have lyrics

Medalist
    Michal Březina:
    SP: The Marriage of Figaro by Mozart
    FP: Game of Thrones Theme

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie-Anna View Post
    Michal Březina:
    SP: The Marriage of Figaro by Mozart
    FP: Game of Thrones Theme
    Beautiful!!

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Beautiful!!
    Beautiful, but too repetitive. 4+ min of LAla-lalaLAla-lalalaaa

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Antilopa View Post
    Beautiful, but too repetitive. 4+ min of LAla-lalaLAla-lalalaaa
    maybe he will not skate with just the theme.game of thrones has so many music.actually i'm listening them right now.

Page 18 of 87 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 68 ... LastLast