2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was just at Skate Detroit - his program is actually a medley of "It's a Man's World" and "I Feel Good".

I assume with lyrics? I can't really see using the Godfather of Soul without them ... I would like to see this SP.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, Balde's SP music has James Brown vocals.

HeatherC1212
Published on Jul 26, 2014
Elladj Balde's SP from Skate Detroit 2014
http://youtu.be/E0GAS8zJgRs (3:07 in length)​

via @yasminyvr​

Thanks Golden411. When Eliadj hit "I Got You", it was a certainly a crowd pleaser. Steps need a lot of work, but it's early days yet. And I like his sass in using lyrics.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
As per this article, Kirsten Moore-Towers & Michael Marinaro CAN will skate to music from the musical Chess for their free skate:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/07/26/86511378

Also, this tweet from Kirsten:

https://twitter.com/Kirsten_MT/status/476468121734086656/photo/1

Both their SP and FS have been choreographed by Mark Pillay.

A great choice, I think! Chess has some beautiful music, although the prospect of the lyrics being included concerns me (I sometimes find lyrics to Broadway showtunes to be too complex and distracting for skating). I'm excited to see what these two look like as a team!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
^ Well her EX costume isn't that bad. It's certainly better than the black and nude mesh costume she first wore for her FS last season.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Sotnikova's EX outfit looks like two pieces of black fabric wrapped around her. It's not even cinched at the waist. Her previous FS costume was a really, really low bar.

What's up with the Russian ladies skaters' terrible outfits? Anna P's outfits were a huge eyesore (that neon pink-orange SP costume and shredded turquoise LP outfit anyone?). Only Julia L. has decent costumes.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Sotnikova's EX outfit looks like two pieces of black fabric wrapped around her. It's not even cinched at the waist. Her previous FS costume was a really, really low bar.

What's up with the Russian ladies skaters' terrible outfits? Anna P's outfits were a huge eyesore (that neon pink-orange SP costume and shredded turquoise LP outfit anyone?). Only Julia L. has decent costumes.

Yes, I agree. Julia's SL outfit was definitely in my top 5 of the last year, it was so beautiful, her SP outfit was nice looking too. Pogo & Sotnikova are such beautiful girls, I don't know why they don't have more beautiful outfits. It would be so easy to class them up, as I've said before. Maybe for Pogo it could be an issue of money (I've never read anything saying that could be it, but maybe), but Adelina is an OGM, so surely she could be dressed up a little more.

I don't mean to be shallow and harp on their outfits, but really, they could come out in a totally plain costume and I really wouldn't care at all, but why go odd or ugly? As I said, they're beautiful ladies, why dress them so badly? :eek:hwell:

Hopefully these new programs will have better outfits to go along with them..

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker

I'm actually looking forward to seeing her skate to this. The modern takes/gestures didn't work for me, but I have a feeling she'll go for the classic choreo. I'm curious to see her arm work.
I agree with the posters above who are hoping for more tasteful costumes from Adelina and Anna this year. I vaguely recall having seen Adelina (at least I believe it was her) skate to Swan Lake while she was still a junior, at an exhibition for an event in Moscow. Her costume was beautiful back then; I hope she gets a similarly flattering one for this season, instead of last year's rags.

Kuan

Final Flight
I'm actually looking forward to seeing her skate to this. The modern takes/gestures didn't work for me, but I have a feeling she'll go for the classic choreo. I'm curious to see her arm work.
I agree with the posters above who are hoping for more tasteful costumes from Adelina and Anna this year. I vaguely recall having seen Adelina (at least I believe it was her) skate to Swan Lake while she was still a junior, at an exhibition for an event in Moscow. Her costume was beautiful back then; I hope she gets a similarly flattering one for this season, instead of last year's rags.

I think you mean this one. It looks amazing compared to her currents ones. But for me it doesn´t have to be that classical, every thing is better than that.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker

I think you mean this performance , don't you?

Tutto

Record Breaker
I think Vodorezova's reply to the costume question was vague. It is rather odd for the coach to leave a choice of costume entirely to a teenage skater. It seems not only Adelina didnt care about what she wore on the ice but her coach as well. I remember reading a lot of critisism in that regard on Russian forum and the general consensus was: 'Team Adelina is rather short in the style (taste) department..'. More the pity as Adelina is a pretty girl
Julia however is always a delight to look at, such attention to detail,both her sp & lp costumes were lovely