Page 19 of 90 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 69 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 1342

Thread: 2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

  1. #271
    only here for my juniors jimeonji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    402
    Kozuka's new SP is a tango. According to fan tweets from The Ice, this is the piece he's using: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPlBzzom2pw
    "A Evaristo Carriego," composed by Eduardo Rovira.

  2. #272
    Team Russian Silver Foxes gallavich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,503
    Alexander Majorov's SP is "The Great Gig In The Sky" by Pink Floyd; LP is "Archangel" (from “Nero”) by Thomas J. Bergersen

  3. #273
    Custom Title Cherryy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    259

  4. #274
    Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,621
    Sean Rabbitt USA

    SP “Danse Bacchanale” from Saint-Saens’ “ Samson and Delilah”, choreographed by Justin Dillon
    FS (same as last season) “Sing Sing Sing, Part 2” from “Fosse,” choreographed by Cindy Stuart

    http://figureskatersonline.com/news/...the-obstacles/ (Jun 22)

  5. #275
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    3,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherryy View Post
    It looks like with a 4T planned at the beginning and a good 3A landed!
    The choreography is good and his skating is excellent, too, but this is exactly the kind of program I don 't like

  6. #276
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,165
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    It looks like with a 4T planned at the beginning and a good 3A landed!
    The choreography is good and his skating is excellent, too, but this is exactly the kind of program I don 't like
    In the video it was a 3T? wasn´t it? I still have problem counting the rotation...

  7. #277
    missing Mao & Yuna satine94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    running the vuvuzela crematorium
    Posts
    1,737
    Yes it was a triple. I watched it in slow-mo to count

  8. #278
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    14
    Greetings everyone! First time posting, though I suppose I have been lurking for quite sometime. I am quite impressed by the knowledge of the sport many of you have and am thankful that you are willing to share and educate others.

    ...so here we go, I too do not like this style of program. I am also disappointed with the costume which I feel makes his arms look rather twig-like. Perhaps that is what Adam is going for, but I can't imagine the motivation behind that especially when his costumes last season were much more flattering. I understand the season following the OG can be used to try new things, experiment with packaging, and maybe adopt new styles, but as of right now I am a little disappointed. It's July, maybe I'll warm up to it, not that it matters. Please don't think I believe that I am that self-important.

    Agree, disagree, support, dissect---make me feel like one of the gang. Lol,

  9. #279
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    9,688
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterK View Post
    Greetings everyone! First time posting, though I suppose I have been lurking for quite sometime. I am quite impressed by the knowledge of the sport many of you have and am thankful that you are willing to share and educate others.

    ...so here we go, I too do not like this style of program. I am also disappointed with the costume which I feel makes his arms look rather twig-like. Perhaps that is what Adam is going for, but I can't imagine the motivation behind that especially when his costumes last season were much more flattering. I understand the season following the OG can be used to try new things, experiment with packaging, and maybe adopt new styles, but as of right now I am a little disappointed. It's July, maybe I'll warm up to it, not that it matters. Please don't think I believe that I am that self-important.

    Agree, disagree, support, dissect---make me feel like one of the gang. Lol,

    Welcome DexterK! Post often, post long!

    Regarding Adam's SP costume -- I bet that's not the costume for the program. It's probably being made as we speak and he just used whatever was was available for the exhibition.

    I think it will be interesting to see Jason and Adam faceoff since they're both doing jazzy SPs. Granted Adam's is more big band and Jason's is blues, but the two pieces they're using (Tuxedo Junction for Adam; Juke for Jason) came out around the same time (late-1950s; Tuxedo Junction originally came out in 1938 but he is using the Quincy Jones version, which came out in the 1950s.).

    Adam does seem to do better with lyrical pieces (see his FS from last season). But we don't know what his FS is for this season yet, so maybe he's going the classical route there.

  10. #280
    still fangirling for Toller... el henry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Christmas City, USA
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Welcome DexterK! Post often, post long!

    Regarding Adam's SP costume -- I bet that's not the costume for the program. It's probably being made as we speak and he just used whatever was was available for the exhibition.

    I think it will be interesting to see Jason and Adam faceoff since they're both doing jazzy SPs. Granted Adam's is more big band and Jason's is blues, but the two pieces they're using (Tuxedo Junction for Adam; Juke for Jason) came out around the same time (late-1950s; Tuxedo Junction originally came out in 1938 but he is using the Quincy Jones version, which came out in the 1950s.).

    Adam does seem to do better with lyrical pieces (see his FS from last season). But we don't know what his FS is for this season yet, so maybe he's going the classical route there.
    And, as I have posted elsewhere, Adam *and* Jason appear to be going the suspenders route. Two in one season?

  11. #281
    On the Ice Sequinedream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterK View Post
    Greetings everyone! First time posting, though I suppose I have been lurking for quite sometime. I am quite impressed by the knowledge of the sport many of you have and am thankful that you are willing to share and educate others.

    ...so here we go, I too do not like this style of program. I am also disappointed with the costume which I feel makes his arms look rather twig-like. Perhaps that is what Adam is going for, but I can't imagine the motivation behind that especially when his costumes last season were much more flattering. I understand the season following the OG can be used to try new things, experiment with packaging, and maybe adopt new styles, but as of right now I am a little disappointed. It's July, maybe I'll warm up to it, not that it matters. Please don't think I believe that I am that self-important.

    Agree, disagree, support, dissect---make me feel like one of the gang. Lol,
    Welcome!

  12. #282
    Footwork Diva IcyEdges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherryy View Post
    I understand that Adam was going for something "different" but this style does not fit him. He's too balletic for it. He's not a "raw" enough skater for this style.

  13. #283
    Kisdom Title TMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by el henry View Post
    And, as I have posted elsewhere, Adam *and* Jason appear to be going the suspenders route. Two in one season?
    Two would be two too many suspenderographies in the history of figure skating, not just too many for one season

  14. #284
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,964
    Are suspenders becoming the new Carmen?? Even Adelina wore them in her summer exhibition.

  15. #285
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    17,145
    Ashley Cain USA
    SP Mission: Impossible soundtrack; choreo by Scott Brown
    LP Evita soundtrack, using vocals by Madonna; choreo by Scott Brown


    Alexei Bychenko ISR
    SP La Traviata
    LP

    Rebecca Peng USA
    SP "Papa, Can You Hear Me?
    LP Jekyll and Hyde

    Véronik Mallet CAN
    SP ballet Les Sylphides, choreographed by David Wilson.
    LP Funny Girl soundtrack, choreo by Wilson

    Franchesca Chiera USA
    SP Luna
    LP
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 07-21-2014 at 03:43 PM.

Page 19 of 90 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 69 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •