2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think you mean this one. It looks amazing compared to her currents ones. But for me it doesn´t have to be that classical, every thing is better than that.
The later is a nightmare. :unsure: anyway her costume for Christina LP was tedious as well. :slink: who designed those costumes? I hope they will change.

Anastasi14

On the Ice
What's up with the Russian ladies skaters' terrible outfits? Anna P's outfits were a huge eyesore (that neon pink-orange SP costume and shredded turquoise LP outfit anyone?). Only Julia L. has decent costumes.
I think Adelina's costumes have a pretty good ideas. They tried to make something interesting and modern but there was always something that spoiled everything. Mostly poor execution, bad choice of colors and fabrics and too much nude illusion. I also wish she had paid a bit more attention to her hairstyle.

As for Anna, I wouldn't be so strict to her costumes, she only starts to participate at huge international events, I think she will be better dressed next season.

desertskates

Medalist
As for Anna, I wouldn't be so strict to her costumes, she only starts to participate at huge international events, I think she will be better dressed next season.

I agree with this about Anna's costumes. The ones she had last season were a tad garish, but they didn't necessarily look cheap. I hope she has some dresses that complement her beauty and has some strong showings this year.

Anastasi14

On the Ice
I agree with this about Anna's costumes. The ones she had last season were a tad garish, but they didn't necessarily look cheap. I hope she has some dresses that complement her beauty and has some strong showings this year.
I don't think here costumes were cheap, just a bit old fashioned. Such costumes (especially for FS) reminds me my own costumes for rhythmic gymnastics and this was more than 15 years ago))). But I think Anna and here coach needed a bit of international competition on senior level experience and now they will work on costumes too.

anyanka

Record Breaker
As per this article, Kirsten Moore-Towers & Michael Marinaro CAN will skate to music from the musical Chess for their free skate:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/07/26/86511378

Also, this tweet from Kirsten:

https://twitter.com/Kirsten_MT/status/476468121734086656/photo/1

Both their SP and FS have been choreographed by Mark Pillay.

A great choice, I think! Chess has some beautiful music, although the prospect of the lyrics being included concerns me (I sometimes find lyrics to Broadway showtunes to be too complex and distracting for skating). I'm excited to see what these two look like as a team!

That's a Broadway piece that isn't used very often, so it's a great choice, especially if we get to hear "I Know Him So Well" on ice. But now the question is, if they use that song (and likely they will?): which version? The 1985 UK pop hit with Elaine Page? The Whitney Houston duet from 1987? Or the remake by the pop group Steps from 2001? Plus, I suppose this is the closest we'll get to hearing ABBA in competitive figure skating ... for now.

Alba

Record Breaker
Stolbova&Klimov one program is "Notre Dame de Paris" with vocals, and the other one is an oriental music with drums. Don't know yet which one.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I think Adelina's costumes have a pretty good ideas. They tried to make something interesting and modern but there was always something that spoiled everything. Mostly poor execution, bad choice of colors and fabrics and too much nude illusion. I also wish she had paid a bit more attention to her hairstyle.

I've never thought the Russians in general have good fashion sense (sorry if I offend anyone, but come on!). By far, Julia was the best dressed Russian last season. Her first SP outfit looked very juniorish but the one she settled on was lovely and her FS dress was brilliantly executed and looked lovely on her. I've liked a few of Adelina's dresses (her 2012-2013 dresses worked well for her) but the majority of her choices are just horrible. She's a gorgeous girl with a lovely body that should be easy dress yet she chooses things that look tacky or just weird.

The black number that she's wearing for her Black Swan Ex works well IMO. It matches the tone and character of the program...but GOD I hated her FS dresses from last season. Her red SP dress was okay (even though it looked as though moths had eaten portions of it) but overall, I would like to see Adelina's on ice presentation get an overhaul: better dresses; take off some of the necklaces and all of those damn bracelets; since she insists on wearing gloves, find some that match her skin tone better; no more OTB tights.

In that interview Buyanova gave something was mentioned about Adelina not particularly caring about her appearance on ice re: her costumes, makeup, etc. Hopefully that will change this season...

Icey

Record Breaker
I'm actually looking forward to seeing her skate to this. The modern takes/gestures didn't work for me, but I have a feeling she'll go for the classic choreo. I'm curious to see her arm work.
I agree with the posters above who are hoping for more tasteful costumes from Adelina and Anna this year. I vaguely recall having seen Adelina (at least I believe it was her) skate to Swan Lake while she was still a junior, at an exhibition for an event in Moscow. Her costume was beautiful back then; I hope she gets a similarly flattering one for this season, instead of last year's rags.
She skated to Swan Lake in 2008-09 when she was 12 or 13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAz8bwqhcTI

Alba

Record Breaker
Thanks for the info!! :clap:
Was it your friend who told you?

Yep. She said they look fabulous and rock solid. Working really hard and that Ksenia is shining. :love:
I can't wait really, I love them. Although I'm not very happy about Notre Dame choice of music. :frown:
I just hope the choreo is good. She said that Morozov is amazingly hard working and it's a treat to see their trainings.

DianaSelene

Medalist
Yep. She said they look fabulous and rock solid. Working really hard and that Ksenia is shining. :love:
I can't wait really, I love them. Although I'm not very happy about Notre Dame choice of music. :frown:
I just hope the choreo is good. She said that Morozov is amazingly hard working and it's a treat to see their trainings.

:love::yay:

That's wonderful. I can't wait, either. I will make a guess that the oriental music is their sp and Notre Dame is lp just because people who skated to Notre Dame in the past usually used it for the long program (and also Klimov had an interview a few weeks ago where he said that the short is dynamic and fast while the long program is bright and based on characters.)

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
It's stupid for a skater to not care about what he/she wears. Packaging matters.

Amen to that. It's all in the presentation and as much as I like Adelina, I think her packaging is some of the worst in the field at times. :disapp:

cornell08

Final Flight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MpoBf2BWng

Zijun Li's exhibition for Artistry, music: I Dreamed A Dream (sounds like Anne Hathaway singing….:disapp:)

The video quality isn't the best, but it looks like she's got deeper, more fluid edges and a more convincing performance quality. Dunno if this is from working with Lori and the Canadians over the summer or if its physical maturation + more muscles. Probably both.

I know the song is overplayed but I love this program! Her best exhibition by far and one of the better Les Mis programs we've seen of late.

Barb

Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MpoBf2BWng

Zijun Li's exhibition for Artistry, music: I Dreamed A Dream (sounds like Anne Hathaway singing….:disapp:)

The video quality isn't the best, but it looks like she's got deeper, more fluid edges and a more convincing performance quality. Dunno if this is from working with Lori and the Canadians over the summer or if its physical maturation + more muscles. Probably both.

I know the song is overplayed but I love this program! Her best exhibition by far and one of the better Les Mis programs we've seen of late.

Very Yuna style, I know she adores to Yuna but she needs her own style, may be David Wilson did her choreography

cornell08

Final Flight
Very Yuna style, I know she adores to Yuna but she needs her own style, may be David Wilson did her choreography

She showed that she can skate to music that isn't dainty or cute. That this is powerful, big music and a dramatic program, and that she performs it well is a move in the right direction for the new season.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I don't think it's really all that similar to Yuna. It does worry me a bit though... She certainly is carrying it better than I thought she might, but I think the music (which is powerful enough, but then you add vocals into the mix..) is still a little bit too much for her. Maybe I'd feel better about it if it weren't a fancam video. :confused2:

jimeonji

Final Flight
Kim Hae Jin
SP - Porgy and Bess by Gershwin (choreo by Stephane Lambiel), maybe with vocals?
LP - Rhapsody in blue by Gershwin (choreo by David Wilson)

Park So Youn
SP - Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso by Saint-Saens (choreo by Wilson)
LP - Romeo & Juliet soundtrack from the 2013 movie (also Wilson)

source from this Korean article

Barb

Record Breaker
Kim Hae Jin
SP - Porgy and Bess by Gershwin (choreo by Stephane Lambiel), maybe with vocals?
LP - Rhapsody in blue by Gershwin (choreo by David Wilson)

Park So Youn
SP - Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso by Saint-Saens (choreo by Wilson)
LP - Romeo & Juliet soundtrack from the 2013 movie (also Wilson)

source from this Korean article

:bang::disapp: I really, really hate this music