Page 20 of 90 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    In the video it was a 3T? wasn´t it? I still have problem counting the rotation...
    Yes, he landed a triple there, so I assumed that he is planning a 4T

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by IcyEdges View Post
    I understand that Adam was going for something "different" but this style does not fit him. He's too balletic for it. He's not a "raw" enough skater for this style.
    He's very fluid-I like this for him. He needs to work a bit more on the styling of the program, but it's a new program for him. Great potential.

(but I agree, suspenders are so 2012)

Custom Title
    Satoko Miyahara's Miss Saigon is a very beautiful program ~ she is so lovely to watch!!

at about the 12:00 mark -- http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21...EF%BC%91_sport

Custom Title
    Marin Honda
    SP: Charleston from Billion Dollar Baby choreographed by Tom Dickson
    FS: Puccini’s Madame Butterfly choreographed by Tom Dickson

stalking your predictions >:) sunny_stars's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunchii View Post
    Marin Honda
    Is Marin moving on to juniors or is she staying in novice?

Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    He's very fluid-I like this for him. He needs to work a bit more on the styling of the program, but it's a new program for him. Great potential.

While I normally love his fluidity, it's just not meant for a jazz/swing type program. He's breaking into choreography on his own and should know jazz/swing isn't "fluid."

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny_stars View Post
    Is Marin moving on to juniors or is she staying in novice?
    She's skated juniors nationally but she's too young to do the JGP I believe, born August 21st 2001, month and a half too young

Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    Satoko Miyahara's Miss Saigon is a very beautiful program ~ she is so lovely to watch!!

at about the 12:00 mark -- http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21...EF%BC%91_sport
    omg, jumping machine!!!!

i like it.

stalking your predictions >:) sunny_stars's Avatar
    She's skated juniors nationally but she's too young to do the JGP I believe, born August 21st 2001, month and a half too young
    Aww thats too bad! thank you for the info though

Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post

I agree, there are some parts where the arms and hands could be smoother, and some places where they could be crisper. Overall the program could use a tad more polish. But overall, I think it's awesome! He captures the smooth jazz feel, and while it's not his traditional wheelhouse, I think it allows him to explore without going all postmodern rocker dude or something. I love it! But I guess I'm an Adam uber really.

Custom Title
    Marin Honda
    ooh and wasn't nagasu doing madame butterfly for her long as well?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by elee63 View Post
    ooh and wasn't nagasu doing madame butterfly for her long as well?
    Yepp, Mirai also choose Madame Butterfly but they won't meet since Marin is still novice, I think Mirai's has lyrics and I don't know if Marin's does or not

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Welcome DexterK! Post often, post long!

Regarding Adam's SP costume -- I bet that's not the costume for the program. It's probably being made as we speak and he just used whatever was was available for the exhibition.

I think it will be interesting to see Jason and Adam faceoff since they're both doing jazzy SPs. Granted Adam's is more big band and Jason's is blues, but the two pieces they're using (Tuxedo Junction for Adam; Juke for Jason) came out around the same time (late-1950s; Tuxedo Junction originally came out in 1938 but he is using the Quincy Jones version, which came out in the 1950s.).

Adam does seem to do better with lyrical pieces (see his FS from last season). But we don't know what his FS is for this season yet, so maybe he's going the classical route there.
    It was mentioned something about a Liszt Piano Concerto a few months ago. He and Ashley talked about it on Twitter

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by IcyEdges View Post
    I understand that Adam was going for something "different" but this style does not fit him. He's too balletic for it. He's not a "raw" enough skater for this style.
    Yes, this is his new short program. Personally, I love it! The first time I saw him skating it in practice, I was so excited because it was clear how much he loved the music and it was infectious. I also think this big band style music is a refreshing change of pace. I think the program will look better when he has his real competition costume (presumably a tuxedo, since he's skating to Tuxedo Junction) and maybe adds a little more styling to the first half of the program.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Charlie Bilodeau & Julianne Séguin CAN
    SD
    FD In Your Eyes, by Peter Gabriel; choreo Dubreuil & Lauzon

Page 20 of 90 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 ... LastLast