2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Park So Youn
SP - Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso by Saint-Saens (choreo by Wilson)
LP - Romeo & Juliet soundtrack from the 2013 movie (also Wilson)

source from this Korean article

I think David Wilson is on a secret mission to trial test all the Romeo and Juliet versions there ever was, to eventually able to create his own Romeo and Juliet - THE SKATING MOVIE!!! This is just one attempt more. Well... given he had a few trials already, this one he BETTER get it right!!!! I will be watching youuuuuu Wilson!!!! Grrrrr..... :sarcasm:
(I wonder if So Youn can recycle Hanyu's costume from last year. Come on... you know it can work!)

On the other hand, I have absolutely NO IDEA why they picked Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso by Saint-Saens. Simply NONE!!! Consider Sot's 'extraordinary' version last year that garnered several 9.75s for choreography and interpretation. Imagine how hard it MUST BE to try to top THAT extraordinary effort. Could they possibly *gulp* thinking of actually include some musicality? How dare they, just what MUST they be thinking?!!! Tsk tsk tsk!!! They are simply CRAZY I tell you!!! Esp considering So Youn were given the Cup of Russia assignment... ummmm...

--------

Love Zijun's choices and progress so far. I must admit I have a weakness of anything Audrey Hepburn-esque. JunJun physically grew so much taller over last season, and seems more emotionally and mentally mature. Whatever growing pains she underwent, hope it had settled down and she is taking reign of her own skating once more. Love that she is motivated enough to self choreographed 'I dream a dream' which is above and beyond any of these young up-starters have done. Perhaps in a style she has secretly strived for: more attack, speed, maturity, flow, power and strength which arguably Lori's programs hasn't explored nearly enough. All the areas that were rooms for improvement. Overall, nice work in progress, encouraged by what we saw. Artistry don't happen over night, those who convinced they do are fooled by packaging. I do think she has the it factor whatever you call it, though motivation and consistency seems to have been a weaknesses, hopefully a thing of the past.

--------
As for Adelina's program... Simply just wow! Saw some 'extraordinary' reviews from the the Chinese skating forums that completely :popcorn:

Reviews of Je Suis Malade gala include 'Butchier rip off version of Plushenko's program'; 'what is with those crouching tiger hands?' :eek: ... 'those Japanese food must have tasted so good'. I must admit I didn't completely get everything until I saw this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQnT910enHQ especially the ending pose. Intriguing intriguing, can't wait to these amazing 9s and perhaps even 10s for the so called 'sheer originally' spoke of by some, surely to pop up at Cup of Russia/Russia Championships/the European Championships from at least 2 extraordinary judges (conservative estimate). After all, it will be unbelievably hard to top the efforts last year particularly the yellow flags gala that were simply unforgettable. I learned if anyone is capable of the impossible, the Russian Champion can!!! ++ a little help from their friends... in Russia... where magical numbers happens. Especially the signature rolling on the floor choreography with such artistic merits words simply fail.

God save you Yulia...Lipa hurray all the way I pray!! Dear Liza, please come out of your siesta..real 3lz back will ya!

Icey

Record Breaker
It doesn't sound like Hathaway's version at all, at least not the film one, that is far more passionate and dramatic than this ;)

"I Dreamed A Dream (Glee Cast Version featuring Idina Menzel) is what says to the side of the video.

starlight97

Final Flight
Sorry to continue off topic, but what a loss for YL if she has no interest in her skating peers (from her own discipline as well as the others). A double loss, in fact: a loss not to enjoy the beauty of their skating and a loss not to enjoy the friendship of those who share her love of skating.

Sorry to go off-topic as well but, just one thing to this-
You can see this from defferent perspectives I think... Friends among your opponents could support or distract.
Adelina Sotnikova stated in an interview, that she likes to comunicate with the others, even at the competition itself while :
" Yulia on the other hand ristricts contact stirctly - mother and coach. That's fine, her 'way' ( like her 'preferences' which she accepts )
And like it has been said, Yulia's results speak for themselves :)

And I love the choice of danse macabre as well, my favourite piece of non-verbal music by far :love: !

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
That when you break things down to its simplest form...often what apears on the surface(like Karne's dismissive leg over head talk)...and pass judgement....it is a sign of intolerance and at the very least disrespect. She is a hard working skater who deserves the success and fans she has. What's the big deal. Joshua should be so lucky.

Oh please, stating an opinion is not the same as dissing. Let alone intolerance. That's just silly.

In more important news, thank the heavens C/L are not skating to Carmen for their SD, and Danse Macabre is an inspired choice. My appetite is whetted. :)

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I think you mean this one. It looks amazing compared to her currents ones. [/URL].

Probably. All I know was that it was a big event, Cup of Russia possibly, as it was on our TV which doesn't cover 'minor' competitions such as Nationals (so no, Little Lotte29, thanks so much for the link but it wasn't that event, though it's likely it was the same year, costume and choreo). Thanks you guys who provided the pictures and videos. :)

Very excited about Stolbova/Klimov's and Capellini/Lanotte's programs. :yay: Not so excited about the Rhapsody for Kim, and about either program for Park. Does anyone else get the feeling that Kim's choice of Rondo Capriccioso is not accidental at all? I get a feeling it's meant to be a challenge, and we'll see a huge effort at artistry. Speaking of that, I really don't see the need for the vitriol and hinting at Sochi again, os168. You didn't like her PCS and artistry with the old program and gala, and you apparently don't like her new one either, I get it. What I don't get are those sneers throughout.
I have to say I'm a bit leery about Sotnikova's choice of Je Suis Malade, I'd prefer if she didn't go the Bird Program way with expressions and gestures which it appears from the reviews she is. Perhaps she'll surprise me though.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why Zijun Li skating her SP to Waltz of the Flowers got rolleyes smileys? I can't see anything wrong with that music or incompatibility with Li's skating style, so I'm clueless...?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Re Castelli/Tran:

Mervin Tran
‏@skate_moivo
Just to clear things up, @MarissaCastelli and I will not be skating to "ain't no sunshine". That was a mix up. The music we decided on is "S
2:58 AM - 30 Jul 2014
https://twitter.com/skate_moivo/status/494421788617883648 (emphasis added)​

He purposely did not reveal the correct music, but it evidently has vocals. He joked about singing along with the music.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will return to this thread to respond to Sam-Skwantch and others re YL and Josh Farris. ;)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Jeremy Abbott

Abbott will skate his free this season to Samuel Barber's "Adagio for Strings;" the program was choreographed with Sandra Bezic in Toronto. He is undecided about his short, and may bring back a program from the past.

Florent Amodio

His free skate is to a medley of movie soundtracks, including Blood Diamond and The Lion King, and his short program is to music from the 2009 French film Le Concert.
"My free skate has vocals, but not so much, actually," he said. "For sure, I was the first one to use vocals, but I want to use them in a smart way. ... I want to create an atmosphere around this African-style, very nice music."
Amodio enlisted dance choreographer Sean Cheesman, known for his stints as a judge and choreographer on the Canadian and U.S. versions of So You Think You Can Dance, as well as his work with Janet Jackson and Prince.

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/07/30/87057460

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Jeremy Abbott

Abbott will skate his free this season to Samuel Barber's "Adagio for Strings;" the program was choreographed with Sandra Bezic in Toronto. He is undecided about his short, and may bring back a program from the past.

Florent Amodio

His free skate is to a medley of movie soundtracks, including Blood Diamond and The Lion King, and his short program is to music from the 2009 French film Le Concert.
"My free skate has vocals, but not so much, actually," he said. "For sure, I was the first one to use vocals, but I want to use them in a smart way. ... I want to create an atmosphere around this African-style, very nice music."
Amodio enlisted dance choreographer Sean Cheesman, known for his stints as a judge and choreographer on the Canadian and U.S. versions of So You Think You Can Dance, as well as his work with Janet Jackson and Prince.

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/07/30/87057460

I read the lion king and I coulnd´t stop thinking they will use this segment of the movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVRXtalL5MI

DianaSelene

Medalist
In an interview, Anna Pogorilaya said that she will skate to ballet music for her long program but did not reveal which ballet.

Alba

Record Breaker
Looks like one of the programs of Davankova&Enbert is "Ave Maria" of Schubert.