2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

DianaSelene

Medalist
ah really? My friend said Schubert. She must've been mistaken, then.

She was probably mistaken unless they changed it to Schubert's Ave Maria. A few weeks ago, there was a link to them practicing their short program in the US and the music in the background was Gounod's Ave Maria with lyrics. Unfortunately, I can't find it right now but the link should be somewhere on this 2014-2015 programs thread if you wanted to see it.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Max Aaron USA

SP Footloose -- with lyrics. Choreographed by Mark Pillay
FS Gladiator soundtrack -- with dialogue. Choreographed by Pasquale Camerlengo.

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/07/30/86875322

ETA, Max will debut his two new programs this weekend at the Colorado Championships.​

BRILLIANT! I am so excited to see these! He can really set an arena on fire to Footloose, and Gladiator - perfect!!!!!!!! (I'm not sure about the dialogue. I hope it's very little.) Oh gosh, I'm bouncing around in my seat! I love it! Great, great, great choices, they suit him perfectly!

I hope we get video!

cornell08

Final Flight
I'm surprised Brezina is so far the only one skating to Game of Thrones…hoping there will be more, its so epic!

LuisRollerArg

On the Ice
Ashley Wagner
SP: “Adagio” from Spartacus by Aram Khachaturian
FS: Music from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack by various artists

Polina Edmunds
SP: Flamenco Medley from the Flamenco Fantasy soundtrack by Johann Sebastian Bach
FS: Fairy Dance from the Peter Pan soundtrack by James Newton Howard

Samantha Cesario
SP: “Danza Mora” by Dr. Samy Farag
FS: “Carmen Suite” by Giuseppe Grazioli & Orchestra Sinfonica di Milano

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Oh Moulin Rouge would suit Ashley a lot, can't wait to see it, Adagio not sure, I'll have to see it. I think Polina's FS music suits her a lot, I look forward to it a lot =D

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Oh Moulin Rouge would suit Ashley a lot, can't wait to see it, Adagio not sure, I'll have to see it. I think Polina's FS music suits her a lot, I look forward to it a lot =D

Yes! Moulin Rouge is a really good fit for her. I wonder which songs she'll use in her cut. Come What May? Elephant Love Medley? One Day I'll Fly Away? El Tango de Roxanne?

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Yes! Moulin Rouge is a really good fit for her. I wonder which songs she'll use in her cut. Come What May? Elephant Love Medley? One Day I'll Fly Away? El Tango de Roxanne?

There are so many possibilities! I'm really looking forward to her performance. I'm a big fan of the movie (as you can tell by my u/n) :laugh:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Ashley Wagner

Polina Edmunds
SP: Flamenco Medley from the Flamenco Fantasy soundtrack by Johann Sebastian Bach

Samantha Cesario

I believe Ashley skated to Spartacus before...was it back in 2009 or 2010? I can't remember but I do remember that it was her FS, not her SP. Moulin Rouge sounds like it'll be interesting though!

Polina's music looks okay but it kind of seems like it would be similar to the two program she skated last season...

Is Samantha's Carmen the same FS she had from last season? It was a fabulous program so if it is I'm not complaining.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Ashley Wagner

Polina Edmunds

Samantha Cesario
Really excited about Ashley's programs, they sound like really good choices! :yes: If Sam keeps her last season's FS, I'm super happy!!

Alba

Record Breaker
She was probably mistaken unless they changed it to Schubert's Ave Maria. A few weeks ago, there was a link to them practicing their short program in the US and the music in the background was Gounod's Ave Maria with lyrics. Unfortunately, I can't find it right now but the link should be somewhere on this 2014-2015 programs thread if you wanted to see it.

She said she listen the music for a short moment and thought it was Schubert, so a mistake I think.

@All: I like Wagner's choice. :yes:

Anastasi14

On the Ice
I'm really excited with 'Van Helsing' for VT! I wonder why this music hasn't been used a lot in figure skating. There are a lot of great music pieces in this movie. The program can be really interesting and dynamic. I really like the "Transylvania" piece and music from the ball scene.

Music from the Moulin Rouge is a great choice for Ashley! Hope she will use "Diamonds are the girls best friends" or "Come what may".

elif

Medalist
Anna Cappellini/ Luca LaNotte

SD: Capriccio Spagnolo by Rimsky Korsakov
FD: Danse Macabre by Saint Saens

Choreo by Zueva

So they are not working with Igor anymore?:confused: I can't imagine Sphillband and Zoueva working together after all the drama but who knows..:laugh:

Their skating become more soft/flowing under Igor but they still needs a lot of work. We will see If leaving Igor is good idea or not....:confused:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
BRILLIANT! I am so excited to see these! He can really set an arena on fire to Footloose, and Gladiator - perfect!!!!!!!! (I'm not sure about the dialogue. I hope it's very little.) Oh gosh, I'm bouncing around in my seat! I love it! Great, great, great choices, they suit him perfectly!

I hope we get video!

Mini-update for karne from Max Aaron's revised IN bio:

SP Music: Music from Footloose by Kenny Loggins
FS Music: Music from the Gladiator soundtrack by Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrard
http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/profile/max_aaron

karne, I remember that somewhere you were wondering about which version of Footloose will be Max's SP music.

Completely agree that Footloose is a great choice for Max. We know that he loves to dance! :yay: :cool:
(I will have to rectify my ignorance of Gladiator. ;) :popcorn:)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
YES! Kenny Loggins belongs in a skating arena. Brilliant!

:yay:

(I'm not excited or anything.)

Gladiator is very epic, very dramatic, and very powerful. It really does suit a skater who is powerful and has a measure of speed. It will suit Max down to the ground. My benchmark Gladiator is Yagudin's 2001 LP, but of course I will be interested to see how this works out under COP.

Actually, it's been a good many years since we've seen Gladiator on the international stage. I'm glad it's coming back.

LRK

Record Breaker
YES! Kenny Loggins belongs in a skating arena. Brilliant!

:yay:

(I'm not excited or anything.)

Gladiator is very epic, very dramatic, and very powerful. It really does suit a skater who is powerful and has a measure of speed. It will suit Max down to the ground. My benchmark Gladiator is Yagudin's 2001 LP, but of course I will be interested to see how this works out under COP.

Actually, it's been a good many years since we've seen Gladiator on the international stage. I'm glad it's coming back.

Not quite. Brian did it relatively recently.

Anyway, the Gladiator soundtrack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xQqFDInc5s

It will be interesting to see what music cuts they go for.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
One thing is for sure Zhiganshina and GAzsi will definitely put their own mix on the classic. I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I believe Ashley skated to Spartacus before...was it back in 2009 or 2010? I can't remember but I do remember that it was her FS, not her SP. Moulin Rouge sounds like it'll be interesting though!

Polina's music looks okay but it kind of seems like it would be similar to the two program she skated last season...

Is Samantha's Carmen the same FS she had from last season? It was a fabulous program so if it is I'm not complaining.

She did skate to Spartacus--as a long program. I think it's a good choice for her for her short program. Ashley obviously needs music that has an emotional impact and the Spartacus Adagio has it. I loved Michelle's skate to this music at 2005 Nationals.