2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

LRK

Record Breaker
Gah, me too though I seriously doubt Gracie chose the music. That's all Frank and Lori.

They're taking Gracie in the direction I thought they would...and that sucks. I really would've loved to see them give her something that would show some of her personality on the ice. Instead it looks like we're in for more generic cookie-cutter ice princess stuff. Oh well...

Agreed. I'm not surprised - but I'm disappointed.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Ice Network says
Gracie Gold
SP - "Piano Concerto" by Edvard Grieg (same as last season)
FS - music from "Phantom of the Opera" by Andrew Lloyd Webber
Am I the only one not completely disappointed by her choice? :biggrin: I think POTO suits her powerful style and creates a nice contrast with the classical music of the SP

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Serafima Sakhanovich has announced her FS according to her fan page.

We are talking about tango "Oblivion" by Astor Piazzolla - the first part of my free program. And the second - a rhythmic dance tune that still Zhenya Plushenko used.

The plot of the program - the story of how she woke up in the morning, is not near a loved one, and sees a letter in which it is written that he breaks up with her. Her first impulse - to crumple and throw this letter. But it all happened so suddenly and unexpectedly, that she could not quite believe what has happened and continues to have a fondness for the elect. So in agony and anguish passes the first part, followed by a second. Time is a great healer, and at some point she realizes that this is necessary to turn the page and begin to live, enjoy, smile ... The heroine dancing, forgetting everything, feeling free and happy. And at the end of the program she removes finger ring and throws.

Here is info on her SP

First made a short program to waltz music from the movie "My Sweet and Tender Beast."

At one time this music skated American Sasha Cohen. Her (Serafima?)mother was from Odessa and told me that she liked this movie.

Really beautiful melody. My parents also love. Yes, I myself feel it well. The image I have an easy and intuitive. My character has matured, but does not want to part with my childhood. A bird symbolizes childhood, which I let go at the end of the program. But who does not dream of adults become a child again: sincere, happy, carefree? Therefore, releasing the bird, I decide to fly her.

Delivered program Etery .. The program is not very difficult technically, but very beautiful and aesthetic. From the new to see unusual position in the rotation, which no one has yet done. Jumping, as before, in the second part. Now I have a good snipe. Anyway, better than it was. I used it almost jumped from their seats, and now I try to do on the go, leaping without brakes.

"Delivered program Etery "
Does this mean Eteri choreographed her SP? Google translate can be quite goofy at times.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Serafima Sakhanovich has announced her FS according to her fan page.

Here is info on her SP

"Delivered program Etery "
Does this mean Eteri choreographed her SP? Google translate can be quite goofy at times.
Yeah, I do not understand the last part, I suppose it is about her jumping technique/bent landings... Anyway, I love when there is such a thoughtful approach to the construction of the program, with a story to tell and when the skater is aware of what he/she is trying to express! :clap:

uhh

Medalist
She's talking about her axel, she used to slow down too much before it, now she's trying to enter with more speed and step straight into it.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Thanks for the interview, I try to help, because the last part is quite strange :D

Serafima moved to Moscow to train with Eteri Tutberidze because of problems with sponsoring (nobody wanted to sponsore her). Not Serafima's mother is from Odessa but Sasha Cohen's mother and it was the part of jounalist's question (Some time ago, American skater Sasha Cohen skated to this music. Her mom was from Odessa and said that she had really liked this film). Serafima answered:
Beautiful melody indeed. My parents really like it, too. I feel it well. My image is easy and transparent, clear. My heroine is matured but she doesn't want to say goodbye to her childhood. And childhood is symbolized by a bird which I release at the end of the program. But who doesn't want to become a child again: honest, happy, carefree? That is why after releasing my bird I decide to follow her.
Program is choreographed by Eteri Tutberidze. It's not very difficult in a technical sense but really beautiful and aesthtic. By talking about new things, you will see completely new, unusual position of the spin which no one never did. Jumps, as always in the second part of the progam. Now my double axel is good. Well, at least better than it was. Earlier, I almost jumped it while staying in one place (she had to stop before this jump), now I try to do it in motion, without braking.

Anastasi14

On the Ice
Don't think that Gracie's choice of music that bad, especially for post Olympic season. Fantom suits her style. There are also some good music pieces that weren't use that much. In this situational a lot will depend on music cut and of course on clean and expressive skate.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Alexandra Aldridge/Daniel Eaton

SD - Carmen
FD - music from Godfather by Nino Rota

Choreography: Massimo Scali and Marina Zoueva.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Gabrielle Daleman

SP - Antonio Vivaldi’s Winter from The Four Seasons (choreography: Lori Nichol)
FS - Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquín Rodrigo (choreography: Lori Nichol)

Alba

Record Breaker
That is why it is often called Ave Maria of Bach/Gounod. I read Gounod took Bach's music and kind of made his own arrangement, called it Ave Maria and wrote his name down next to it.

Yes she saw them today and confirmed. She loves this couple. She said they are so beautiful together.

NMURA

Medalist
Satoko Miyahara
SP The Magic Flute by Mozart
FP Missa Saigon with vocal

Kanako Murakami
SP not yet decided
FP The Phantom of the Opera with vocal

Takahito Mura
SP Violin Concerto by Mendelssohn
FP The Phantom of the Opera with vocal

Kozuka
choreographed by Lori Nichol

DianaSelene

Medalist
Yes she saw them today and confirmed. She loves this couple. She said they are so beautiful together.

I'm glad to hear that. From the short clip of their program I thought they looked quite good considering that they have been skating for a relatively short time. Even Trankov complimented them and said as a pair they look great already. Most importantly, both are quite strong jumpers. If you ever go watch old videos of Gerboldt/Enbert, nine out of ten times she was the one who made jumping mistakes and Enbert had clean jumps most of the time. And Davankova is also quite solid although there were rare moments when she had errors.