2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the interview, I try to help, because the last part is quite strange :D
[/I]

Thank you for clearing up the weirdness. Glad to here that her double "snipe" is much better than before. :laugh: I remember there was a Tarasova interview once someone posted that discussed triple "Sheepskin" jumps. :laugh:

I really like that there is a story being told and it is one Serafima believes in and wants to portray. These should be interesting programs to see and both of the songs are beautiful. You can listen to them on her vk fan page that I posted above:)

I posted the entire interview on her fan page here at GS http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?51218-Serafima-Sakhanovich&p=965442#post965442 and what stuck out to me was how she said "Madly want to show that my skating has become better, stronger.......... I want to achieve the impossible." That and the revelation that she competed at JWC and won silver on painkillers due to an injured right foot :eek:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Am I the only one not completely disappointed by her choice? :biggrin: I think POTO suits her powerful style and creates a nice contrast with the classical music of the SP

I agree with this; in theory this is a great chance to break out of the "ice princess" character she ended up with last season. The problem is that POTO seems really overused. I think Gracie's got loads of potential and I would like to see her do something INTERESTING with it. It's a lot harder to spark the audience's interest when it's music they've heard over and over and over again.

Kanako Murakami
SP not yet decided
FP The Phantom of the Opera with vocal

Takahito Mura
SP Violin Concerto by Mendelssohn
FP The Phantom of the Opera with vocal

Oof, case in point.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Imagine the arena announcers: "Winners of Ice Dance Short Carmen...err....Short Dance are...." :biggrin:

Can't wait for the day

Gold: Carmen!
Silver: Carmen!!
Bronze: Carmen!!!

Then finally ISU has no choice but to BAN Carmen from skating all together due to weeping judges, complaining viewers and trade embargo set forth by other classics record labels.

Alba

Record Breaker
I'm glad to hear that. From the short clip of their program I thought they looked quite good considering that they have been skating for a relatively short time. Even Trankov complimented them and said as a pair they look great already. Most importantly, both are quite strong jumpers. If you ever go watch old videos of Gerboldt/Enbert, nine out of ten times she was the one who made jumping mistakes and Enbert had clean jumps most of the time. And Davankova is also quite solid although there were rare moments when she had errors.

Yes, she said they obviously lack in experience but they got great potential, and look gorgeous together. :)
Mozer said that Robin will work with them and T&M.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Gah, me too though I seriously doubt Gracie chose the music. That's all Frank and Lori.

They're taking Gracie in the direction I thought they would...and that sucks. I really would've loved to see them give her something that would show some of her personality on the ice. Instead it looks like we're in for more generic cookie-cutter ice princess stuff. Oh well...

If Frank & Lori did choose Phantom, they're doing her a real disservice. It's mediocre music to begin with IMO, and so over-used that to make an impact the choreography will have to be spectacular and Gracie will have to skate lights out -- and then some.

Alba

Record Breaker
Does anybody knows which Dracula is the music taken from for V&T program?

LuisRollerArg

On the Ice
He's skated this program in Artistry on Ice, and in ohter thread tell that it is his new SP, and in a Chinese article (I ca't find it) about Han, he told: "My new SP is about a dreamer man, he wants be a star, rich...." or something similar...

breynows

On the Ice
:love: i was in love when i saw Gracie music choice, then i saw kanako :eek:hwell: and was like OMG can't believe it two POTO why???!! All i wanted was to see one , so why there is two of them :scratch: and then there was another one and i was like whathever it is my favorite music anyway. I think akiko really inspired a lot of skaters eh? But serious is POTO really overused (not including the pairs, men and ice dance i don't usually watch it), the firts time i've seen it was when akiko skated :eek:

cornell08

Final Flight
Han Yan's If I Were A Rich Man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gMw-g2Awmc

I dunno how I feel about Han Yan's development/packaging….and that is some odd choreography Lori gave him [again]. His skating style of the past couple years reminds me of Oda……………………………

Also, those pants have got to go. And those vocals…. I'm honestly mystified. I have no idea what possessed him to go with this program. Just say no, man!

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Kanako Murakami, Takahito Mura, Michael Martinez, Gracie Gold and Yankowskas/Gaman. At the moment and I missed something probably. The next season will be like: Carmen - Phantom - Carmen - OH, SOME SPANISH RHYTMS -Carmen - Carmen - Phantom - OH, MISS SAIGON - Phantom - Carmen - Phantom -Phantom :p