Quote Originally Posted by Anastasi14 View Post
    Not another one...

OH. DEAR.

Custom Title
    ... gawd I'm bored already.

Custom Title
    Phil Hersh just tweeted re Jason's new programs.

Philip Hersh ‏@olyphil · 11m
    @jasonbskates to debut new programs Fri/Sat at Broadmoor Open. The scoop: SP-Little Walter’s "Juke” LP - Maxime Rodriguez’ Tristan & Iseult"

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    ... gawd I'm bored already.
    LOLOLOL--that was EXACTLY my first thought too. Word for word. Oooohhhhhhhhh (where is that theremin when I need it???)!

Oh, and flutzy, thanks for passing along the scoop. Off to Youtube to see if I can track down the music...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzy13 View Post

@jasonbskates to debut new programs Fri/Sat at Broadmoor Open. The scoop: SP-Little Walter’s "Juke” LP - Maxime Rodriguez’ Tristan & Iseult"
    You sure? That tweet isn't there anymore

ETA: Nevermind, found it!

Wow! Love the contrast of styles! And his FS is definitely a departure from his lyrical FS (and Riverdance!!!)

Thank you, I like these choices! I think they will allow him to take new directions: the SP can be really enjoyable and crowd-pleasing as long as it doesn't have the typical boring jazz/swing/twist choreography (I trust in Ward); the FS will obviously require drama, and we didn't really get it from Jason recently, so

Custom Title
    With Jason pretty much confirmed for Broadmoor, I wonder if any of the other CO Springs skaters- Aaron, Farris, Scimeca/Knierim, Aaron/Settlage- will be debuting program(s) next weekend. Hope so!

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    With Jason pretty much confirmed for Broadmoor, I wonder if any of the other CO Springs skaters- Aaron, Farris, Scimeca/Knierim, Aaron/Settlage- will be debuting program(s) next weekend. Hope so!
    Aaron and Farris are on the roster for the Vail Invitational (July 9 to 13) -- both men for both SP and FS.

ETA: Thanks for Hersh's tweet with the Brown news. @jasonbskates retweeted it, so I would say the confirmation is 100%.

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Is anyone going to start a thread for vids from summer competitions?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    LOLOLOL--that was EXACTLY my first thought too. Word for word. Oooohhhhhhhhh (where is that theremin when I need it???)!

Oh, and flutzy, thanks for passing along the scoop. Off to Youtube to see if I can track down the music...
    They're good athletes, very capable skaters, but they have zero presence and are completely unmemorable. Look at how they were shunted down off the podium when I/K got their **** together in Sochi and skated lights-out. Skating second to last in the final flight, B/S were utterly forgettable. Even W/P and C/L in the group before were better.

Sorry, but they're not distinguishing themselves by dancing to an old chestnut that's been far better done in the past by Witt, Navka / Kostomarov, Plushy, V/M, B/B (1985 Worlds) ... the list goes on.

Custom Title
    I want Russian duelling Carmens for the drama factor. But I want it from S/K and I/Z! Complete with both teams doing the exact same lift, and some kind of diva face-off. And hopefully without one party severely under-performing a la Debi Thomas (I really disliked her Carmen even outside of the mistakes though).

B/S doing Carmen would just be... well... I'll keep an open mind. I don't think they're a horrible team or something. I also don't mind the use of old music as long as it's done well. But I gotta admit, the following thought did cross my brain: At least it's SD and not FD. It'll be over quickly. Felt pretty terrible afterwards, but still.

Page 6 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 ... LastLast