2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 62 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

LRK

Record Breaker
Note from Lombardia Trophy...

Phillip Harris' (GBR) FP turned out to be a Two Steps From Hell medley - quite the fan, one would imagine. :) (Not that I'm blaming him, mind... ;) )

breynows

On the Ice
:love: i loved Zijun new FS what an improvement from 2013-2014, the attack in the Step sequence was magnificent, just the peaking of her jumps and we'll see why she's here. I have one questions:
Is the second part of the program Rach. Piano concierto no.2 or is it really part of Moon river? :confused:
PS.: that fall really affected her, didn't it? hope she didn't got hurt and skate cleanly nest time.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Some new program info from ice dancers going to Nebelhorn:

Andreanne Poulin & Marc-Andre Servant CAN
SD Tormenta de Fuengo, Diablo Rojo by Herny Jackman, Tormenta de Fuengo; choreo by Shae Zukiwsky
FD Palladio by Karl Jenkins and Adiemus, The Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi, Architect of the Mind by Kerry Muzzey; choreo by Shae Zukiwsky

Carter Marie Jones & Richard Sharpe GBR
SD Flamenco: Malaguena performed by Stanley Black, Paso Doble: The Danger, Flamenco: Malaguena performed by Stanley Black; choreo by Natalia Linichuk
FD Mary Poppins Overture by Richard and Robert Sherman, Chim Chim Cheree (from "Mary Poppins" soundtrack) by Richard and Robert Sherman, Mary Poppins Overture by Richard and Robert Sherman; choreo by Natalia Linichuk

Rebeka Kim & Kirill Minov KOR
SD Paso Doble: El Conquistador by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Irina Zhuk, Alexander Svinin
FD Phantasia (based on "The Phantom of the Opera) by Sarah Chang and Julian Lloyd Webber, The Phantom of the Opera performed by Lindsey Stirling; choreo by Irina Zhuk, Alexander Svinin

Yura Min & Timothy Koleto KOR
SD Flamenco: Lucia by Oscar Lopez, Paso Doble: Malaguena, Flamenco: Fiesta Flamenca by Monty Kelly; choreo by Christopher Dean, Antonio Najarro
FD Belleville Rendez-Vous by Benoit Charest, Under the Bridge by Benoit Charest, Theme Bruno by Benoit Charest, Suzy by Caravan Palace; choreo by Christopher Dean, Antonio Najarro

Kaitlyn Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker USA
SD Flamenco: Malaguena by Ernesto Lecuona, Paso Doble, Flamenco; choreo by Angelika Krylova & Pasquale Camerlengo
FD Wedding Vows (from "Romeo and Juliet" soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski, The Cheek of Night (from "Romeo and Juliet" soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski, Come, Gentle Night (from "Romeo and Juliet" soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski, Forbidden Love (from "Romeo and Juliet" soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski; choreo by Angelika Krylova & Pasquale Camerlengo

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Pairs

Amani Fancy & Christopher Boyadji GBR
SP La vie en rose by Louis Armstrong; choreo by Rostislav Sinicyn
LP Harry Potter (soundtrack) by John Williams; choreo by Rostislav Sinicyn

Narumi Takahashi & Ryuichi Kihara JPN
SP Bossa Nova Baby by Elvis Presley; choreo by Marina Zueva
LP That's Entertainment, Love is Here to Stay, I'll Build a Stairway to Paradise; choreo by Marina Zueva

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I don't think he's even had the program for 2 weeks when he performed it Saturday. Give it a chance!

More about Abbott's new SP is in Sarah Brannen's article for IN re An Evening with Champions:

Jeremy Abbott revealed his brand new short program to Sam Smith's "Lay Me Down," which he has had for less than two weeks. The program, which he choreographed with coach Yuka Sato, shows off his intricate footwork and superb dance styling to good advantage. In it, he attempted a triple Axel, the only skater to do so under the show lighting.

Abbott said he had planned to skate to a different song for his short program, "Latch," but he couldn't get the music cut to work. At first, he wasn't sure "Lay Me Down" would work, either.

"I didn't want to do a slow piece," he said. "I listened to it again, and the way it built, from the beginning to the end, feels so vintage, like doo-wop '50s, and I immediately fell in love with it. The lyrics are so sad, but the music itself makes me feel very uplifted and happy. It's a weird juxtaposition, where I'm smiling and the lyrics are so crushing. When I hear the song, I don't feel sad -- I feel happy and empowered."

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/09/22/95862904

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
VIDEO of Jeremy Abbott's new SP:
http://youtu.be/l4d9X2hYCw0 (posted Sep 21)​

via @fsonline

The singing version of Latch is going to get a little used to without feeling like it is an exhibition program, but I think I may really like this by the season end. Thought the choreograph step sequence start from 2 min05 was really cool. I seem to remember commenting hoping to see him in all black, minimal and contemporary... looks like my wish came true. The new hair cut cut a dashing suave image. He will stand out among the boys with this mature confident masculine image.

I keep reading different things about his SP, so this his final official SP now? So I presume Jeremy is getting Sandra Bezic to do his FS? I must say I am hugely excited about Bezic's new program for him, can COP skating look 6.0? Do Bezic still got the magic touch? These two has the potential to really bring something special.

---------

Zi Jun's debut programs on Youku. Has good potential, like the FS more but she was well shaken up after the splatt... bit worried to find she seems to still have stamina issues, hope she can shake it off and get everything sorted before Cup of China only weeks away.

Moon river is a sentimental fav music and she is one of the few current competing skaters who can complement this music well, especially with this new lean long limbed figure over last season, she really need a great skate to do it justice. Love her costume, what a tribute to Audrey.

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
The singing version of Latch is going to get a little used to without feeling like it is an exhibition program, but I think I may really like this by the season end. Thought the choreograph step sequence start from 2 min05 was really cool. I seem to remember commenting hoping to see him in all black, minimal and contemporary... looks like my wish came true. The new hair cut cut a dashing suave image. He will stand out among the boys with this mature confident masculine image with no feathers and blings in sight.

I keep reading different things about his SP, so this his final official SP now? So I presume Jeremy is getting Sandra Bezic to do his FS? I must say I am hugely excited about Bezic's new program for him, can COP skating look 6.0? Do Bezic still got the magic touch? These two has the potential to really bring something special.

---------

Zi Jun's debut programs on Youku. Has good potential, like the FS more but she was well shaken up after the splatt... bit worried to find she seems to still have stamina issues, hope she can shake it off and get everything sorted before Cup of China only weeks away.

Moon river is a sentimental fav music and she is one of the few current competing skaters who can complement this music well, especially with this new lean long limbed figure over last season, she really need a great skate to do it justice. Love her costume, what a tribute to Audrey.

I've seen the FS and it's going to be fantastic when he's used to skating it.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The singing version of Latch is going to get a little used to without feeling like it is an exhibition program, but I think I may really like this by the season end.

Latch is not his SP anymore.

Now we know why Josh's jumps were AWOL (from the icenetwork article):

Josh Farris also skated his new short program, choreographed by Jeff Buttle, to Ed Sheeran's "Give Me Love." He has just recovered from two different ankle sprains suffered in the past six weeks and toned down the jumps a bit. The program, however, is lovely, both delicate and powerful, and delivered with pathos. He says he'll be ready for his first Grand Prix event in China.

"I just started doing triple Axels again at the end of last week, so I'm a little undertrained," Farris said. "But I'm not stressing; I have plenty of time before my Grand Prix. I'm going to come back stronger."

ice coverage

Record Breaker

hippomoomin

Record Breaker

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Nebelhorn Men

Jeremy Ten CAN
SP Dance For Me Wallis (from "W.E." soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski; choreo by Joanne McLeod & Megan Wing
LP Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley; choreo by Joanne McLeod & Megan Wing

Daniel Samohin ISR
SP Still Loving You by The Scorpions; choreo by Irina Samohin
LP Once Upon a Time in Mexico (soundtrack) by Robert Rodriguez; choreo by Irina Samohin

Ryuju Hino JPN
SP Lunatico by Gotan Project; choreo by Kenji Miyamoto
LP King Arthur (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer; choreo by Kenji Miyamoto

Alexander Johnson USA
SP Trio Elegiaque No. 2 in D minor by Sergei Rachmaninov; choreo by Caterina Lindgren
LP Sweeney Todd by Stephen Sondheim; choreo by Tom Dickson

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Nebelhorn Ladies

Janina Makeenka BLR
SP Anna Karenina (soundtrack) by Dario Marinelli; choreo by Alexander Morozov
LP Magnificient Century (soundtrack) by Avtekin Atas; choreo by Alexander Morozov

Nelma Hede FIN
SP Hable Con Ella by Alberto Iglesias; choreo by Samira Bach, Igor Liutikov
LP Unchained Melody, You Look Like an Angel, Devil In Disguise, Be Bop a Lula; choreo by Samira Bach, Igor Liutikov

Rosaliina Kuparinen FIN
SP El Flamenco by Ikuko Kawai; choreo by Maria McLean, Hanna Kaijomaa
LP Dance For Me Wallis (from "W.E." soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski, I Will Follow You (from "W.E." soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski, Abdication (from "W.E." soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski; choreo by Maria McLean, Hanna Kaijomaa

Emilia Toikkanen FIN
SP Downtown Abbey Suit
LP Les Miserables by Claude-Michel Schoenberg

Juulia Turkkila FIN
SP Gabriel's Oboe (Whispers in a Dream) by Ennio Morricone, Hayley Westenra; choreo by Maria McLean, Olga Tkachenko, Pirjo Kuha
LP La Gazza Ladra by Gioachino Rossini; choreo by Maria McLean, Olga Tkachenko, Pirjo Kuha

Julia Sauter ROU
SP Dancing with the Muse by Chris Spheeris; choreo by Roxana Luca
LP Beethoven's Five Secrets, One Republic Cello; choreo by Roxana Luca

Mariah Bell USA
SP Little Talks by Kurt Hugo Schneider; choreo by Cindy Stuart
LP Titanic (soundtrack) by James Horner; choreo by Cindy Stuart

Gracie Gold USA
SP Adagio from Piano Concerto in A minor by Edvard Grieg; choreo by by Lori Nichol
LP Phantasia by Andrew Lloyd Webber, Wishing You Were Somehow Again by Andrew Lloyd Webber; choreo by Lori Nichol

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Not sure if it has already been posted, but this is the show version of Ashley's Moulin Rouge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3PAJORufBY
I have to say that I'm positively impressed: not what I was expecting, for sure, but it is mature and "difficult" in a way that I like, with all the elements it could become the right vehicle to convey the pathos and the passion that was completely missing in R&J, it's not just the typical "go out there, wink and try to be sassy" Ashley :p

LeCygne

Final Flight
Not sure if it has already been posted, but this is the show version of Ashley's Moulin Rouge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3PAJORufBY
I have to say that I'm positively impressed: not what I was expecting, for sure, but it is mature and "difficult" in a way that I like, with all the elements it could become the right vehicle to convey the pathos and the passion that was completely missing in R&J, it's not just the typical "go out there, wink and try to be sassy" Ashley :p

It's hard to tell much about the actual program from the show version, but I'm surprised by how much I liked the music cuts. She didn't use many of the more popular tracks from the movie, but what she did put together was unique, dramatic, and very Ashley in a deeper/more emotional way. I'm excited to see the whole program.