Page 7 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    I want Russian duelling Carmens for the drama factor. But I want it from S/K and I/Z! Complete with both teams doing the exact same lift, and some kind of diva face-off. And hopefully without one party severely under-performing a la Debi Thomas (I really disliked her Carmen even outside of the mistakes though).

B/S doing Carmen would just be... well... I'll keep an open mind. I don't think they're a horrible team or something. I also don't mind the use of old music as long as it's done well. But I gotta admit, the following thought did cross my brain: At least it's SD and not FD. It'll be over quickly. Felt pretty terrible afterwards, but still.
    OK, so B/S, S/K AND I/Z ALL DO CARMEN.
    THAT I can be down with.
    I'll give B/S some credit ... they're pretty consistent, so if one of the other teams falter, or both, then they would move to the head of the line.
    And to be fair I think B/S will be Russian #1 next season in any event, and challenge for the worlds podium.

Custom Title
    Prediction: S/K and I/Z both do wonderful, innovative Carmens while B/S predictably does a snoozefest. However, S/K and I/Z both choke up at Worlds--the former has no twizzles, and the latter fall during a lift... thus causing B/S to come out ahead to the ire of people everywhere.

Oops, wrong thread?

Custom Title
    Prediction: S/K and I/Z both do wonderful, innovative Carmens while B/S predictably does a snoozefest. However, S/K and I/Z both choke up at Worlds--the former has no twizzles, and the latter fall during a lift... thus causing B/S to come out ahead to the ire of people everywhere.

Oops, wrong thread?
    I wouldn't say "ire". I'm not a big fan of theirs but they're hardly offensive. They just won't generate the excitement that D/W or V/M or even I/K at Sochi would.

Oops, wrong thread?
    It won't irritate me.

Custom Title
    "ire" in the sense of "annoyance S/K and I/Z couldn't get their act together despite having fabulous programs," not hatred toward B/S.

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Thank you, I like these choices! I think they will allow him to take new directions: the SP can be really enjoyable and crowd-pleasing as long as it doesn't have the typical boring jazz/swing/twist choreography (I trust in Ward); the FS will obviously require drama, and we didn't really get it from Jason recently, so
    Agree.

Very good and different to choose blues for a Short Program. I'm sure Jason's musicality and a choreographer as inventive as Little Walter will result in a great performance

I'm positive about the dramatic Tristan & Iseult as well. Listening to the music I can almost imagine him skating to it. Wonder if it will be a bit 'Candelorish'

Really excited to watch both programs.

Custom Title
    "ire" in the sense of "annoyance S/K and I/Z couldn't get their act together despite having fabulous programs," not hatred toward B/S.
    Gotcha.
    And I really hope people don't hate on B/S! Despite my carping at how I personally am not their biggest fan, they seem like lovely people.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Agree.

Very good and different to choose blues for a Short Program. I'm sure Jason's musicality and a choreographer as inventive as Little Walter will result in a great performance

I'm positive about the dramatic Tristan & Iseult as well. Listening to the music I can almost imagine him skating to it. Wonder if it will be a bit 'Candelorish'

Really excited to watch both programs.
    Oooh, very exciting. I wanted Jason to do a "classical" piece, but was worried he would go for one of the warhorses. I love this choice... very dramatic, and I think he'll be able to show more emotional range with such an expressive/explosive piece.

Medalist
    According to FSO, Evgenia Medvedeva's SP "Umbrellas of Cherbourg" (choreographer Zhulin)

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Yankowskas/Gaman SP music choice seems to be Phantom.

And Alex Johnson hinted that his FS has something to do with Johnny Depp.

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Yes, when I read that part of the article it made me wonder if Max is taking the lyric route. I kinda hope it's Camerlengo for the LP if he's not getting both programs from Pillay. Not Nichol again...

Actually, that's a really good article (I know, I know, I just said something positive about Evil Z). I like these:
    Can't be sure, but your wish (and mine) re Camerlengo for Max's FS is looking quite plausible.
    Agree that Tom Z's blog entry was very thoughtful.

ETA:

Quote Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
    There was a previous thread on this topic here:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...preview-thread

From that thread:

Alexa Scimeca & Chris Knierim: Wizard of Oz free skate (some people thought this could be a joke though)
    Joshua Farris: retaining the Schlinder's list free skate
    Lukas Kaugars: Frank Sinatra short program
    Haven Denney and Brandon Frazier: Unchained Melody for the short and Lion King for the freeskate
    Belated thanks to BG for carrying over the stuff from the earlier preview thread for 2014/15. Sorry that I forgot before to say thanks.
    IIRC, Scimeca/Knierim had said at the same time that Lion King was their second choice after the Wizard of Oz. Dunno whether they were in joking in both, one, or none of their comments.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Can't be sure, but your wish (and mine) re Camerlengo for Max's FS is looking quite plausible.
    Agree that Tom Z's blog entry was very thoughtful.
    *happy dance*

Custom Title
    Alexandra Proklova

SP= Spy by Fyodor Bondarchuk.

FS= Firebird dy Igor Stravinski

Banned
    Found that Russian Spy movie. I'm assuming this will be the song from it http://youtu.be/2bQOvKnnso0?t=29m16s

Custom Title
    Vera Bazarova/ Andrei Deputat

SP= MY Way by Andre Rieu
    FS= Adios Nonino

Custom Title
    Alex Johnson

SP - Trio élégiaque No. 2 by Rachmaninov (Catarina Lindgren)
    FS - Sweeney Todd by Stephen Sondheim (Tom Dickson)

Page 7 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast