Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aaron and Settlage make the jump to Seniors

News Aaron and Settlage make the jump to Seniors

USA’s Madeline Aaron and Max Settlage have had little time for pause since the 2014 World Junior Figure Skating Championships, where they placed a respectable fifth in their first time at the event. The skaters took a week off in Arizona immediately after, but have been training ever since. More...
    Last edited by gsk8; 07-01-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Nice article Paula! It's always great to read something about teams just moving to seniors.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Many thanks for showcasing Aaron/Settlage with such a lengthy article, gsk8. I hope that they have a great season. Look forward esp. to The King and I.
    And Happy Birthday to Max S.
    @MaddieAaron25
    Happy Birthday to my amazing partner, @Max_Settlage !! Hope you have a great day!!! 🎂🍰😄
    7:19 AM - 1 Jul 2014
    https://twitter.com/MaddieAaron25/st...78100649500672

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Many thanks for showcasing Aaron/Settlage with such a lengthy article, gsk8. I hope that they have a great season. Look forward esp. to The King and I.
    And Happy Birthday to Max S.
    @MaddieAaron25
    Happy Birthday to my amazing partner, @Max_Settlage !! Hope you have a great day!!! 🎂🍰😄
    7:19 AM - 1 Jul 2014
    https://twitter.com/MaddieAaron25/st...78100649500672
    Happy birthday to Max S! You know, if any TPTB is listening, that Skate America TBD might make for a lovely birthday present. And you don't even need wrapping paper!
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 07-01-2014 at 07:26 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks for the article! I enjoyed reading about them and wish them the best for the coming season.

Custom Title
    The programs sound like an interesting fit for the team.

Custom Title
    When I saw them at Nationals this year I thought they were a very interesting pair. Wouldn't it be loverly if they stayed together long enough to make a difference in US Pairs!

A new article about Aaron/Settlage, "Paving their own way," is in the August/September issue of Skating magazine (pp. 28-29).

The link to the entire issue is in this tweet:

Direct link to the entire issue:

One of the best parts is Settlage's self-illustration of the partners on ice.

News

Today Nebelhorn was added to Aaron/Settlage's international plate ... joining SLC and Skate Canada. (Thx to sk8ingcoach for posting the assignments in the Nebelhorn thread.)

ETA, serendipitous that Max Aaron will be a teammate for their first senior international as well as their first senior GP.

BTW, regarding Settlage's artwork: USFS also tweeted the above-mentioned illustration of Maddie and himself.

Looking forward to their season as seniors!

News

Cross-posting from the Colorado Champs thread:

Wow ... Aaron/Settlage WON () the Colorado Championships, according to Sarah Brannen's comments in today's IN article. Congratulations to Maddie and Max!

Madeline Aaron and Max Settlage started the season with a bang, winning the Colorado Championships by 20 points. This elegant young team has already been together for four years, and they are just what the U.S. pairs program needs.

[Scimeca/Knierim also competed -- as did Budd/Blackmer.]

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Cross-posting from the Colorado Champs thread:

Wow ... Aaron/Settlage WON () the Colorado Championships, according to Sarah Brannen's comments in today's IN article. Congratulations to Maddie and Max!

Madeline Aaron and Max Settlage started the season with a bang, winning the Colorado Championships by 20 points. This elegant young team has already been together for four years, and they are just what the U.S. pairs program needs.

[Scimeca/Knierim also competed -- as well as (AFAIK) Budd/Blackmer.]
    I can't imagine A/S beat alexa and chris. Did they only do one segment?

Quote Originally Posted by flutzy13 View Post
    Scimeca/Knierim competed in both the SP and FS.

All three pairs skated both programs. (I am about to edit my post above accordingly.)

Custom Title
    I don't see the "by 20 points" in the article - it must have been an error and removed.

ETA that the official results have been published for the Colorado Championships that took place in early August - I've posted the link in the thread for the competition.

The combined (SP+FS) scores for the 3 Senior pairs at the Colorado Championships club competition are:
    Alexa Scimeca/Chris Knierim 160.98 (58.23 SP, 102.75 FS)
    Madeline Aaron/Max Settlage 156.85 (50.43 SP, 106.42 FS)
    Kaitlin Budd/Matthew Blackmer (new) 125.22 (43.43 SP, 81.79 FS)

Quote Originally Posted by flutzy13 View Post
    Thx to Sylvia for noticing that the IN article was revised after I posted the quote above. (And for posting the CC results links in the competition thread.)

The revised comments from Sarah Brannen:

Madeline Aaron and Max Settlage started the season well, winning the free skate at the Colorado Championships. This elegant, young team has already been together for four years, and they are just what the U.S. pairs program needs.

In any case, they still are Brannen's choice as "breakout" stars among U.S. pairs.

And they still have my congratulations for winning the FS -- by 3.67 over S/K.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast