Radionova ready to take on senior skating world | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Radionova ready to take on senior skating world

adelia

Record Breaker
She is a great competitor but hasn't had as much improvement from last season as I had hoped for. The programs seem to amplify her weaknesses, esp. her posture. I think her coaches wanted her to look more mature, with the costumes & music selection, but instead the whole packaging comes across as chaotic and a bit unnatural.

nguyhm

On the Ice
I agree that her programs especially the LP seem very chaotic, her movements seem jerky when she rushes them through. I wish her team has a more defined image for her, the costumes and make up don't do her justice, too mature but not in a good way, they age her instead. It's possible that the attempt to disguise her youth backfired, she has such an innocent face and a perky personality, that look should be embraced. She's so young and there's plenty of time ahead of her to be mature, why rushing it now.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
She is a great competitor but hasn't had as much improvement from last season as I had hoped for. The programs seem to amplify her weaknesses, esp. her posture. I think her coaches wanted her to look more mature, with the costumes & music selection, but instead the whole packaging comes across as chaotic and a bit unnatural.

I actually really like her SP, but agree about her LP. It seems frantic and rushed, and Elena really needs to learn how to pick up nuances in the music. I agree with the Euro guys when they say it's not pretty but she gets the job done.