Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Tuktamisheva aims to return to previous form

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar

Tuktamisheva aims to return to previous form

Former Russian prodigy tries to overcome injuries, psychological issues

For Elizaveta Tuktamisheva, this past season could be considered a turning point in her career. Indeed, the 17-year-old, who in 2011 achieved unexpected victories at both of her Grand Prix events and initiated a Russian "avalanche" in ladies figure skating, failed to qualify for the Olympic team.

The 2013 European bronze medalist and 2013 national champion had to face the challenges of a transition period, involving a variety of ailments and psychological issues, which greatly impacted her results. She began last season by winning a bronze at the 2013 Finlandia Trophy, and then finished fourth at both of her Grand Prix assignments and 10th at the Russian championships.

She sustained an ankle injury in March at the Russian Cup Final. The resulting tests showed she had torn a ligament. After a difficult recovery period, the skater resumed training. This month, she joined Alexei Mishin's training camp in Pinzolo, Italy, where she is working on her programs for the new season.

Icenetwork talked with the Russian skater about her recovery period, her memories of last season and her future goals.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/06/30/82358418

Custom Title
    sky_fly to enter this thread and tell us all it's because she's too fat in 3...2...1...

In all serious, I'd love to see Liza come back successfully. She's such a feisty spirited skater and her jumps are so great.

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    sky_fly to enter this thread and tell us all it's because she's too fat in 3...2...1...

In all serious, I'd love to see Liza come back successfully. She's such a feisty spirited skater and her jumps are so great

I do think it's as she said, a psycological problem. We were discussing this with kwanatic, I think, a month ago.

On the Ice
    Gosh, Liza was by far my favorite Russian lady back when she was a junior. I really hope she rebounds from her disappointments.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if any recent Russian skaters have tried training/coaching arrangements outside of Russia?

No, please not an Indian-themed FS it reminds me of her terrible Junior programs... But maybe, after all, it will be batter than another Mambo

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by begin View Post
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if any recent Russian skaters have tried training/coaching arrangements outside of Russia?
    Many famous coaches are former Russian skaters. Natalia Linichuk, Marina Zueva etc.

Results of skaters who changed Russia to other country, are not so good.
    Annd Ovcharova, who was one of the leaders being Russian Junior (JGP Final and 5th place JrWorlds at 2009) now, as Swiss skater, was 20th at Worlds-2014.

Rinkside
    Liza, I wish you all the best but please - NO MORE LATIN MUSIC AND BLACK COSTUMES!!!

GOOD LUCK WITH EVERTHING ELSE.

Banned
    a combination of fast weight gain, puberty issues and injury buried her last season
    I doubt she can get back again, she will be buried in the Russian field. Tuk is the New Elene G.

Tuk will never improve under Mishin's tuteledge
    bad program, all black tango costumes and horrible skating skills and level 2 bad spins
    she needs to leave Mishin fast

Custom Title
    Like skyfly, I am not optimistic about her chances to return to the top of the Russian ladies field. There are a lot of skaters who can match her jumps (Adelina, Anna, Julia, Elena, etc.), most of whom do all the non jump elements and program presentation better than Liza.

Custom Title
    Liza has a likeable personality and it's sad to see her struggle with her jumps. I, too have my doubts that she will ever return to her former level of success. She has a changed body and up to now hasn't quite been able to adapt her technique to the physical changes.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Like skyfly, I am not optimistic about her chances to return to the top of the Russian ladies field. There are a lot of skaters who can match her jumps (Adelina, Anna, Julia, Elena, etc.), most of whom do all the non jump elements and program presentation better than Liza.
    I have to agree on this. And Lisa has to loose weight. It will help on her confidence, not just jumps.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Many famous coaches are former Russian skaters. Natalia Linichuk, Marina Zueva etc.

Results of skaters who changed Russia to other country, are not so good.
    Annd Ovcharova, who was one of the leaders being Russian Junior (JGP Final and 5th place JrWorlds at 2009) now, as Swiss skater, was 20th at Worlds-2014.
    Without a doubt Russia houses strong resources for their skaters. It's just that given the depth of ladies singles there, I'm curious as to what training abroad could do for a Russian lady. Not to say that the same environment is ubiquitous in Russia but going overseas can be a substantial experience (psychologically).

"program is based on Indian themes, in the Asian style". What does that mean????

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Only Adelina has equal jumps to Liza. But can she performs like she did in Sochi? I am curious and we are still waiting.
    Anna's jumps are okay. But her spins are bad equally to Liza.
    In no way Yulia has better jumps than a healthy Liza.
    Elena is still junior, she hasn't hit puberty yet so it's really difficult to say anything beforehand.

It's true that Liza's spins are not good but she has certain charm. She is good at using her arms than Adelina.

I am not optimistic about Liza coming back, but if she is really willing, then I hope for her the best. She has the talents.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    "program is based on Indian themes, in the Asian style". What does that mean????
    Maybe she meant to differentiate between [South] Asian Indian and, um, Columbus's "Indian". Either way I disapprove.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast