Tuktamisheva aims to return to previous form | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Tuktamisheva aims to return to previous form

zamboni step

Final Flight
Julia gets very high jump GOE from the judges (not really deserved, but she gets it anyway), and she scores far higher than Elizaveta in spins and non jump elements. Her PCS are also much higher. Unless Elizaveta significantly improves her spins and PCS she has no hope vs a clean Julia. And Julia pretty much always skates clean or close to it.

At their first competition against each other this season (Finlandia), in the FS where both were pretty clean Liza got higher PCS. I'm not saying that Julia isn't going to get higher PCS, she definitely is. But it shows Liza is capable especially if she improves which she should with time.

Components

Match Penalty
Yea, Julia's exposure has pretty much moved her past Tuktamysheva on the PCS scale at this point. It wouldn't be surprised if Tuk has to work herself up from Low-Mid 7s in PCS starting this season, and unless she is skating relatively consistently/cleanly, the judges will have very little reason to move her up.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Tuk has probably a high mountain to climb back atop
aside from her weight issue, she must reinvented her programs in the judge's eyes as to increase her 7s in PCS
lay off from all black, tango, latin themes and most of all work on her skating skills and spins
Mishin seems to not put efforts much in his ladies skaters

at this point she is relegated to Rus No.5 or 6, this could change but right now
no waycan she beat any of a clean Julia, Adelina, Anna or Elena
even Sakhanovich or Sotskova can beat her

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
sky_fly20, dare I point out that YOU started the Tuktamysheva fan fest thread?

I was one of her biggest fan,
this isnt the same Tuk that I saw in 2011, sadly

she needs to sow the consistency and results like Gracie or Julia have shown

tulosai

Record Breaker
At their first competition against each other this season (Finlandia), in the FS where both were pretty clean Liza got higher PCS. I'm not saying that Julia isn't going to get higher PCS, she definitely is. But it shows Liza is capable especially if she improves which she should with time.

I honestly don't think there is any chance Tukt will score higher than Julia PCS wise now. That was the first competition LAST season. Since then, Julia has majorly upped her exposure and (relative to her past glory days) Tukt has basically imploded over and over on competitive ice. Julia has the stronger reputation. I am not trying to be predictive in a long term sense- in a long term sense anything can happen (though certaint hings are more likely than others) but in a right now and for the rest of the 2014-2015 season, I am making a STRONG prediction that Liza's PCS are not going to be close to Julia's. In fact, unless Julia implodes this year, I do not think there is any chance of Tukt beating her. I think Julia with up to 2 major mistakes probably beats a clean Tukt UNLESS Tukt majorly improves her spins.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
For the reasons everyone stated, I simply want Liza to skate clean and rebuild her reputation with the judges. Not being able to beat a clean Yulia in the 2014-15 season isn't a reason to quit (by that logic, everyone except Adelina and Yulia herself should just quit. :unsure:)

I think Liza is extremely beautiful, and one of the most beautiful ladies in figure skating. Dare I say it, she has a very Hollywood diva look to her. ;)
But she's not bloooonnnd! :laugh: (Liza is very distinct and that, imo, is part of her beauty. And I'm glad she didn't grow up stick-skinny--no offense to any super skinny girls, but Liza's features would look odd on someone that's way too thin.)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
she needs to sow the consistency and results like Gracie or Julia have shown

You mean like win an international event? Oh wait, Liza has already done that. ;)

FYI, Tukt came 4th and 4th in her two GP events last season. A 3rd and 4th isn't much better. :slink:

pangtongfan

Match Penalty

That wont happen today though. Julia has gained too much in rep value since then. At the Olympics people are saying a clean Julia would have beaten a clean Kim or Kostner, and Sotnikova actually did. Bogus and pro Russian scoring aside, even in Russia this would not have ever happened in a million years had Tuktamysheva been there, and I am sure you would agree.

Look I am not saying Liza should give up or anything, I am just saying she needs to do more than regain her previous form to make future teams for Russia IMO. Even in her previous best she wont beat Julia on a typical day, Sotnikova on a great day (although Adelina's consistency is still probably a who knows, and has already been said it will be hard for her to be as motivated now), and there are atleast 3 others who would be very competitive even against Elizaveta's previous best. So she has to strive to go beyond regaining her previous form, and go beyond that, and significantly improve in a couple of areas.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
That wont happen today though. Julia has gained too much in rep value since then. At the Olympics people are saying a clean Julia would have beaten a clean Kim or Kostner, and Sotnikova actually did. Bogus and pro Russian scoring aside, even in Russia this would not have ever happened in a million years had Tuktamysheva been there, and I am sure you would agree.

Look I am not saying Liza should give up or anything, I am just saying she needs to do more than regain her previous form to make future teams for Russia IMO. Even in her previous best she wont beat Julia on a typical day, Sotnikova on a great day (although Adelina's consistency is still probably a who knows, and has already been said it will be hard for her to be as motivated now), and there are atleast 3 others who would be very competitive even against Elizaveta's previous best. So she has to strive to go beyond regaining her previous form, and go beyond that, and significantly improve in a couple of areas.

I agree, Julia made alot of ground already the past season
she is an Olympic and World medalist, very few have done that since 2010, the same skaters were on the world podiums

as much as I love Tuk before, she will need to go back from scratch
new programs, revive her jump consitcney, well in the SP may not happen anyways and rebuild her reputation from the judges

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Not that I'm defending Skyfly, but the "young, impressionable girls!" talk is, well, kinda weirdly demeaning in its own way. The weight talk is getting tedious and repetitive and should stop, but is any girl reading this going to take Skyfly seriously? :unsure:

You think two-fall Menshov would've won against clean Patrick Chan in Sochi, but 7-triple Liza has no chance in hell of winning? :unsure: Some consistency problems there...

I do agree Liza needs to improve, not just get to her previous best. But considering she's coming off a horrible injury, I think it's good she's setting small, manageable goals for herself. Reach for the moon and all that jazz, but you don't reach the moon in one leap. I'd just like to see her skate well next season, and work on not blowing that dratted SP. Then we can talk about +3 GOE spins and steps and whatnot.