Tuktamisheva aims to return to previous form | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Tuktamisheva aims to return to previous form

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
:agree: the previous Liza on a good day can still beat Yulia, and even the now Sonitkova in term of TES. And she can build up from that. She is charming and has good presence on ice. Yes, she has to improve a lot in PCS and spins, but I don't think she is behind them so much.

Tuk is getting low 7's while Julia and Adelina are getting mid-high 8s, even Anna was scoring in high 7s
so no, she needs alot of catching up to do in the PCS department
skating skills, transitions, choreography even her TES in spins in particular gets level 2s

Meoima

Match Penalty
Tuk is getting low 7's while Julia and Adelina are getting mid-high 8s, even Anna was scoring in high 7s
so no, she needs alot of catching up to do in the PCS department
skating skills, transitions, choreography even her TES in spins in particular gets level 2s
PCS inflation, for a while after the Olympic season, these top PCS would probably stay the way they are, or get lower. Liza has to build up her PCS from the start, but in TES I don't think her jumps couldn't make up for the spins. And she can spin better.

If Liza get back all her jumps, and if she hit them with consistency, I don't see why she would get lower TES than Yulia. And Sonitkova's consistency is still questionable.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
PCS inflation, for a while after the Olympic season, these top PCS would probably stay the way they are, or get lower. Liza has to build up her PCS from the start, but in TES I don't think her jumps couldn't make up for the spins. And she can spin better.

If Liza get back all her jumps, and if she hit them with consistency, I don't see why she would get lower TES than Yulia. And Sonitkova's consistency is still questionable.

Julia is even getting higher +GOEs from her jumps than Tuk
Adelina when she land her jumps too gets higher GOE than Tuk, even comparing from Tuks reliable/famed 2axel jump

Meoima

Match Penalty
Julia is even getting higher +GOEs from her jumps than Tuk
Adelina when she land her jumps too gets higher GOE than Tuk, even comparing from Tuks reliable/famed 2axel jump
Inflation in Olympic season. Both PCS and TES will be likely to get lower next season. I have nothing against Yulia, I love her very much. But Liza is a better jumper and it's objectively true.

If Liza come back with all of her jumps and maybe slightly better spins, I don't see why the judge would score her lower TES than Yulia. Not to mention the new edge and UR rule which will more likely to harm most ladies' TES. If Liza can pull herself together, her jumps would likely to be less downgraded among the most.

Adelina is still a big big question. I don't know if she can skate like she did at Sochi again. After all, even Yuna Kim couldn't pull up another performance like she did at Vancouver.

Personally I think Adelina, with three mistake can still come ahead of Liza on a good day if we combine PCS and TES. But I don't think they would score her TES higher than Liza in such day.

In term of PCS, Liza is at a big disadvantage, but it doesn't mean she couldn't build it up in the next 2 seasons. After all she is just 17, not 23. And she has something younger ladies in Russian field don't have yet: her growth spurt seem to stop already.

zamboni step

Final Flight
That wont happen today though. Julia has gained too much in rep value since then. At the Olympics people are saying a clean Julia would have beaten a clean Kim or Kostner, and Sotnikova actually did. Bogus and pro Russian scoring aside, even in Russia this would not have ever happened in a million years had Tuktamysheva been there, and I am sure you would agree.

But that's not my point, my point is if Julia can get so incredibly far ahead in one season PCS wise, doesn't that mean Liza has a chance to turn it around in four? It's not a definite or even a probability, but it is a possibility in my eyes.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
But that's not my point, my point is if Julia can get so incredibly far ahead in one season PCS wise, doesn't that mean Liza has a chance to turn it around in four? It's not a definite or even a probability, but it is a possibility in my eyes.

There's still a chance, especially for someone as talented as Liza, but first, it will be way harder to do next season when Adelina and Julia both have reputation and some big medals and don't forget the addition of Radionova, who is finally eligible, and Pogorilaya with her strong debut at GP and Worlds. And second, she needs really good programs, if not masterpieces, which could do for her what Shindler's list LP did for Julia, but of course she needs to be as consistent and perform her programs as good as Julia, who btw also improved her SS significally. Is it possible? I don't know, but so far her music choice doesn't sound very promising

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
[...] so far her music choice doesn't sound very promising

An Asian or Indian theme sounds OK to me, but I'm a little nervous about her Bolero SD. After Kostner's great skate last season, she'll have a lot to live up to.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Is she really doing Bolero for her SP? I'm a bit worried now. But it's SP--the point is to go out there and hit all your elements well. I'm actually looking forward to the Indian-themed FS.

If Liza come back with all of her jumps and maybe slightly better spins, I don't see why the judge would score her lower TES than Yulia. Not to mention the new edge and UR rule which will more likely to harm most ladies' TES. If Liza can pull herself together, her jumps would likely to be less downgraded among the most.
I was looking back at some of her videos as a junior, and her spins actually weren't bad. Well-centred and decent speed. I wonder if her recent struggles have affected her spins? (more like, she's so concentrated on keeping the jumps steady that she hasn't been able to spin to her full potential either).

New edge/UR rules will probably be worse for the other girls than Liza. Unlike Adelina and Yulia, Liza has a big lutz on a deep outside edge. She'll be able to pull huge GOEs on her 3Lz-3T in both SP and LP. She also seems to rotate tighter in the air than Adelina (the other big jumper) so I don't see her UR-ing much. Biggest question mark is her consistency under pressure, but the same goes for all the girls except Yulia.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Re: PCS

If Liza skates anything like this..http://youtu.be/8pVUI71m4sw ...then her PCS is going nowhere.

Something that needs to be addressed with Liza is instilling the drive to succeed. You see it in Adelina,Yulia,and Radinova and it translates into good PCS scores. You know when they take the ice it's to win and you can see it in how intensely they engage their programs. I just hope Liza still has a fire inside to win and most importantly shows it on the ice.

Liza fell once here and scored 115. Yulia,Adelina, and I'm willing to bet Elena can all fall and score around 130(especially at Nationals). If Liza doesn't show that she is willing to fight for every point possible I think the judges will have no problem not giving them to her. I only mention the Russians here because unless she can outperform them...we aren't going to see her at Euros/Worlds which I imagine is her goal and not just a few GP appearances.

Icey

Record Breaker
I think it means that she was a precocious child. Now she's not a child any more.

lol I came to that conclusion too, but at first it seemed like the author was taking away her "prodigy" status.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Liza skated her LP so fierce and intense en Skate America.. She was wonderful, I love her reaction at end.. I think she was underscored in PCS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JV5x7uXGQk

Amazing!! ♥
This was a very nice skate. Much more fire than the Nationals performance. It sounds like she got the crowd quite into it as well. She needs to skate like this more often though--I think that could help her PCS.