Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Tuktamisheva aims to return to previous form

Quote Originally Posted by begin View Post
    Maybe she meant to differentiate between [South] Asian Indian and, um, Columbus's "Indian". Either way I disapprove.
    Maybe she will skate to American native people's music. In Europe those people are "indians". But that theme in the Asian style??? I'm really curious.

Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Maybe she will skate to American native people's music. In Europe those people are "indians". But that theme in the Asian style??? I'm really curious.
    In america now, the accepted term is American Indian for what we used to call 'Native Americans' in an attempt to be politically correct. It has flipped back around from 'Native American' now and the accepted term is American Indian. Some people are behind the times and continue to believe the term Indian is not politically correct, but this is untrue. See, for example, the United States Bureau of Indian Affairs, National Museum of the American Indian, the vast majority of scholarly works referring to this group of people, and so on.

Alena also tried to do an Bollywood-themed program in the 2012-2013.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETfxEYIlQtA

I didn't really care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    In america now, the accepted term is American Indian for what we used to call 'Native Americans' in an attempt to be politically correct. It has flipped back around from 'Native American' now and the accepted term is American Indian. Some people are behind the times and continue to believe the term Indian is not politically correct, but this is untrue. See, for example, the United States Bureau of Indian Affairs, National Museum of the American Indian, the vast majority of scholarly works referring to this group of people, and so on.
    thank you

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bsfan View Post
    I have to agree on this. And Lisa has to loose weight. It will help on her confidence, not just jumps.
    this is what really caused her to lose her jumps coupled with bad genetic body type
    she needs to lose 10 pounds or more, her jumps will get stable as she loses weight

Custom Title
    Liza got the exotic looks which go quite well with the Indian theme though. Glad she drop the idea of keep the flamingo style.

Quote Originally Posted by BusyMom View Post
    Liza got the exotic looks which go quite well with the Indian theme though. Glad she drop the idea of keep the flamingo style.
    That's a good point. It will be a nice departure form the many years of latin.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    this is what really caused her to lose her jumps coupled with bad genetic body type
    she needs to lose 10 pounds or more, her jumps will get stable as she loses weight
    If she lost 10 pounds, her jumps would become more and more inconsistent: the biggest part of an athlet's weight is made of muscles, losing more than 7-8 pounds while training means losing muscles and losing muscles affects your jumps skills in a really negative way just look at Harding, she didn't exactly have the body type you would call "good for a skater" and she was hitting probably the best 3Lutzes ever and 3As, too. And Liza is not Tonya Harding. At all.
    Her problem was 100% mental!

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Only Adelina has equal jumps to Liza. But can she performs like she did in Sochi? I am curious and we are still waiting.
    Anna's jumps are okay. But her spins are bad equally to Liza.
    In no way Yulia has better jumps than a healthy Liza.
    Elena is still junior, she hasn't hit puberty yet so it's really difficult to say anything beforehand.

It's true that Liza's spins are not good but she has certain charm. She is good at using her arms than Adelina.

I am not optimistic about Liza coming back, but if she is really willing, then I hope for her the best. She has the talents.
    I agree with everything you said.
    And I think that losing weight would not be enough.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    That's a good point. It will be a nice departure form the many years of latin.
    I'm happy they give her a chance to prove herself. It would be too sad to waste such a talent.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    I do think her ship has sailed somewhat but if Liza can get her jumps back, she can stay in the mix. When she hits, her jumps are beautiful. Like Alba said we discussed a little while ago, Liza is still capable of hitting all of her jumps. It's not like she's URing everything or something like that...she's just not landing the jumps. Whatever mental block she has is holding her back.

As great as her jumps are, alone they won't be enough to move up in the Russian ranks. I think if Liza comes on strong this season she will be even with Anna. Then again, if Anna has made some improvements over the summer she may stay ahead of Liza. I think Liza is a very vibrant performer and I hope whatever programs she chooses this year will be very different from the last three years. Hopefully no more black dresses either.

I wish her all of the best, but she does have her work cut out for her.

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    If Liza were in any field less deep than Russia like Ukraine or Japan, it could have been easier for her to come back. But since she's Russian, It's wayyyy harder. But she does have strong points, so I hope she can make it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Um, I don't mean to be rude, but could you please just shut up?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    If she lost 10 pounds, her jumps would become more and more inconsistent: the biggest part of an athlet's weight is made of muscles, losing more than 7-8 pounds while training means losing muscles and losing muscles affects your jumps skills in a really negative way just look at Harding, she didn't exactly have the body type you would call "good for a skater" and she was hitting probably the best 3Lutzes ever and 3As, too. And Liza is not Tonya Harding. At all.
    Her problem was 100% mental!
    Liza started to really struggle since she gained weight, when I saw her mother's pics I knew she would become broad and stocky, I guess its not her fault for her body type / genetics. Mihsin has also mentioned about Liza has bad eating habits like eating ice cream

she needs to lose weight, even If that means taking powder for meals like Julia, I am surprised Mishin is not controlling what she eats
    not everyone can have slim, long limbs an long legs like Anna, Mao or Carolina.

her problem is mental ? if she gets her jumps back her confidence will come back
    really sad how she has been steadily sinking, this isnt the same Liza we love in 2011

Tripping on the Podium
    unless you are liza's nutritionist/personal trainer or liza herself, i don't think anyone should speculate on diet or how much weight she (or any other skater) should or should not gain. i realize she is an athlete, but even so, her body is not up for the public's discussion. it is inappropriate and at times, downright cruel. as some others have pointed out, skaters at all levels of competition come in different sizes and shapes. and i'm very sure liza and many other impressionable female skaters who compete at these levels are well-aware of the difficulty of having to make these physical and emotional adjustments while trying to land triple jumps.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast