Tuktamisheva aims to return to previous form | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tuktamisheva aims to return to previous form

BusyMom

Medalist
Liza got the exotic looks which go quite well with the Indian theme though. Glad she drop the idea of keep the flamingo style.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Liza got the exotic looks which go quite well with the Indian theme though. Glad she drop the idea of keep the flamingo style.

That's a good point. It will be a nice departure form the many years of latin. :)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
this is what really caused her to lose her jumps coupled with bad genetic body type
she needs to lose 10 pounds or more, her jumps will get stable as she loses weight
If she lost 10 pounds, her jumps would become more and more inconsistent: the biggest part of an athlet's weight is made of muscles, losing more than 7-8 pounds while training means losing muscles and losing muscles affects your jumps skills in a really negative way :disapp: just look at Harding, she didn't exactly have the body type you would call "good for a skater" and she was hitting probably the best 3Lutzes ever and 3As, too. And Liza is not Tonya Harding. At all. :laugh:
Her problem was 100% mental!

loiza

On the Ice
Only Adelina has equal jumps to Liza. But can she performs like she did in Sochi? I am curious and we are still waiting.
Anna's jumps are okay. But her spins are bad equally to Liza.
In no way Yulia has better jumps than a healthy Liza.
Elena is still junior, she hasn't hit puberty yet so it's really difficult to say anything beforehand.

It's true that Liza's spins are not good but she has certain charm. She is good at using her arms than Adelina.

I am not optimistic about Liza coming back, but if she is really willing, then I hope for her the best. She has the talents.

I agree with everything you said.
And I think that losing weight would not be enough.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I do think her ship has sailed somewhat but if Liza can get her jumps back, she can stay in the mix. When she hits, her jumps are beautiful. Like Alba said we discussed a little while ago, Liza is still capable of hitting all of her jumps. It's not like she's URing everything or something like that...she's just not landing the jumps. Whatever mental block she has is holding her back.

As great as her jumps are, alone they won't be enough to move up in the Russian ranks. I think if Liza comes on strong this season she will be even with Anna. Then again, if Anna has made some improvements over the summer she may stay ahead of Liza. I think Liza is a very vibrant performer and I hope whatever programs she chooses this year will be very different from the last three years. Hopefully no more black dresses either.

I wish her all of the best, but she does have her work cut out for her.

Meoima

Match Penalty
If Liza were in any field less deep than Russia like Ukraine or Japan, it could have been easier for her to come back. But since she's Russian, It's wayyyy harder. But she does have strong points, so I hope she can make it.

96skiluvr

On the Ice
this is what really caused her to lose her jumps coupled with bad genetic body type
she needs to lose 10 pounds or more, her jumps will get stable as she loses weight

Um, I don't mean to be rude, but could you please just shut up?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
If she lost 10 pounds, her jumps would become more and more inconsistent: the biggest part of an athlet's weight is made of muscles, losing more than 7-8 pounds while training means losing muscles and losing muscles affects your jumps skills in a really negative way :disapp: just look at Harding, she didn't exactly have the body type you would call "good for a skater" and she was hitting probably the best 3Lutzes ever and 3As, too. And Liza is not Tonya Harding. At all. :laugh:
Her problem was 100% mental!

Liza started to really struggle since she gained weight, when I saw her mother's pics I knew she would become broad and stocky, I guess its not her fault for her body type / genetics. Mihsin has also mentioned about Liza has bad eating habits like eating ice cream

she needs to lose weight, even If that means taking powder for meals like Julia, I am surprised Mishin is not controlling what she eats
not everyone can have slim, long limbs an long legs like Anna, Mao or Carolina.

her problem is mental ? if she gets her jumps back her confidence will come back
really sad how she has been steadily sinking, this isnt the same Liza we love in 2011

anthologyz

Rinkside
unless you are liza's nutritionist/personal trainer or liza herself, i don't think anyone should speculate on diet or how much weight she (or any other skater) should or should not gain. i realize she is an athlete, but even so, her body is not up for the public's discussion. it is inappropriate and at times, downright cruel. as some others have pointed out, skaters at all levels of competition come in different sizes and shapes. and i'm very sure liza and many other impressionable female skaters who compete at these levels are well-aware of the difficulty of having to make these physical and emotional adjustments while trying to land triple jumps.

unless you are liza's nutritionist/personal trainer or liza herself, i don't think anyone should speculate on diet or how much weight she (or any other skater) should or should not gain. i realize she is an athlete, but even so, her body is not up for the public's discussion. it is inappropriate and at times, downright cruel. as some others have pointed out, skaters at all levels of competition come in different sizes and sizes. and i'm very sure liza and many other impressionable female skaters who compete at these levels are well-aware of the difficulty of having to make these physical and emotional adjustments while trying to land triple jumps.

Thank you.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:agree:

Let us please not forget that young skaters posting/reading here may be facing growth issues themselves. I really feel like its portrayed in such an unhealthy way here and in our culture. Too often tiny = under eating and large = over eating. Nothing is ever that cut and dry and I certainly do not want to take part in spreading that type of thinking. People of all shapes and sizes have figure skated to all levels of success. :clap:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
That was a very nice interview, thanks for posting. Liza has put last season behind
her and she sounds mature, upbeat and confident, good for her. I will be rooting for her! :yes:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
unless you are liza's nutritionist/personal trainer or liza herself, i don't think anyone should speculate on diet or how much weight she (or any other skater) should or should not gain. i realize she is an athlete, but even so, her body is not up for the public's discussion. it is inappropriate and at times, downright cruel. as some others have pointed out, skaters at all levels of competition come in different sizes and shapes. and i'm very sure liza and many other impressionable female skaters who compete at these levels are well-aware of the difficulty of having to make these physical and emotional adjustments while trying to land triple jumps.

Thankyou, athologyz.

Unfortunately there is no arguing with sky_fly who is convinced Liza is too fat and can never be persuaded otherwise, and thinks Liza should become anorexic.

(Things I would really love: for both Artur and Liza to come back strong and kick backside and watch sky_fly choke on their own ego.)

Hey, sky_fly, I've got news for you. After he finished competing at the Olympics, Jason Brown says he went and got icecream from the McDonalds EVERY DAY. Is he fat?

LuisRollerArg

On the Ice
I hope she skates a bollywood theme! I think she Should keep her LP, her Malagueña was so intense and suits her perfectly!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Hey, sky_fly, I've got news for you. After he finished competing at the Olympics, Jason Brown says he went and got icecream from the McDonalds EVERY DAY. Is he fat?
Jason can enjoy all kind of foods that he want, as long as he think it's healthy for his body.
Yuzuru also said he likes oily food. And he is mostly underweight!

Components

Match Penalty
Thankyou, athologyz.

Unfortunately there is no arguing with sky_fly who is convinced Liza is too fat and can never be persuaded otherwise, and thinks Liza should become anorexic.

(Things I would really love: for both Artur and Liza to come back strong and kick backside and watch sky_fly choke on their own ego.)

Here's a tip. Put him on ignore and stop troll baiting him. It puts you on his level and just like him, you're STILL talking about an unhealthy topic in an unhealthy way.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Jason can enjoy all kind of foods that he want, as long as he think it's healthy for his body.
Yuzuru also said he likes oily food. And he is mostly underweight!

Actually given that Jason lost 12 pounds training Riverdance, . he probably could use the ice cream. And yes, the same goes for Yuzuru too!

I personally like to eat a hamburger after a long run. :)

As far as Liza, I think her errors were mental, not physical.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Actually given that Jason lost 12 pounds training Riverdance, . he probably could use the ice cream. And yes, the same goes for Yuzuru too!
I personally like to eat a hamburger after a long run. :)
As far as Liza, I think her errors were mental, not physical.
Poor Jason, 12 pounds are almost 6kg! Poor baby Jason! :cry:
About Yuzuru, he likes oily food but he only has 3% of fat on his body! I don't know how it works! :slink:

As far as I've concerned, Liza doesn't look fat at all. Her body type is in her gen, she can make it work as long as she removes that mental block.

Go Liza!:yay: