Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Tuktamisheva aims to return to previous form

Quote Originally Posted by anthologyz View Post
    unless you are liza's nutritionist/personal trainer or liza herself, i don't think anyone should speculate on diet or how much weight she (or any other skater) should or should not gain. i realize she is an athlete, but even so, her body is not up for the public's discussion. it is inappropriate and at times, downright cruel. as some others have pointed out, skaters at all levels of competition come in different sizes and sizes. and i'm very sure liza and many other impressionable female skaters who compete at these levels are well-aware of the difficulty of having to make these physical and emotional adjustments while trying to land triple jumps.
    Thank you.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar

Let us please not forget that young skaters posting/reading here may be facing growth issues themselves. I really feel like its portrayed in such an unhealthy way here and in our culture. Too often tiny = under eating and large = over eating. Nothing is ever that cut and dry and I certainly do not want to take part in spreading that type of thinking. People of all shapes and sizes have figure skated to all levels of success.

That was a very nice interview, thanks for posting. Liza has put last season behind
    her and she sounds mature, upbeat and confident, good for her. I will be rooting for her!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by anthologyz View Post
    unless you are liza's nutritionist/personal trainer or liza herself, i don't think anyone should speculate on diet or how much weight she (or any other skater) should or should not gain. i realize she is an athlete, but even so, her body is not up for the public's discussion. it is inappropriate and at times, downright cruel. as some others have pointed out, skaters at all levels of competition come in different sizes and shapes. and i'm very sure liza and many other impressionable female skaters who compete at these levels are well-aware of the difficulty of having to make these physical and emotional adjustments while trying to land triple jumps.
    Thankyou, athologyz.

Unfortunately there is no arguing with sky_fly who is convinced Liza is too fat and can never be persuaded otherwise, and thinks Liza should become anorexic.

(Things I would really love: for both Artur and Liza to come back strong and kick backside and watch sky_fly choke on their own ego.)

Hey, sky_fly, I've got news for you. After he finished competing at the Olympics, Jason Brown says he went and got icecream from the McDonalds EVERY DAY. Is he fat?

Custom Title
    I hope she skates a bollywood theme! I think she Should keep her LP, her Malagueña was so intense and suits her perfectly!

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Hey, sky_fly, I've got news for you. After he finished competing at the Olympics, Jason Brown says he went and got icecream from the McDonalds EVERY DAY. Is he fat?
    Jason can enjoy all kind of foods that he want, as long as he think it's healthy for his body.
    Yuzuru also said he likes oily food. And he is mostly underweight!

Banned
    Thankyou, athologyz.

Unfortunately there is no arguing with sky_fly who is convinced Liza is too fat and can never be persuaded otherwise, and thinks Liza should become anorexic.

(Things I would really love: for both Artur and Liza to come back strong and kick backside and watch sky_fly choke on their own ego.)

Here's a tip. Put him on ignore and stop troll baiting him. It puts you on his level and just like him, you're STILL talking about an unhealthy topic in an unhealthy way.

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Jason can enjoy all kind of foods that he want, as long as he think it's healthy for his body.
    Yuzuru also said he likes oily food. And he is mostly underweight!
    Actually given that Jason lost 12 pounds training Riverdance, . he probably could use the ice cream. And yes, the same goes for Yuzuru too!

I personally like to eat a hamburger after a long run.

As far as Liza, I think her errors were mental, not physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Actually given that Jason lost 12 pounds training Riverdance, . he probably could use the ice cream. And yes, the same goes for Yuzuru too!
    I personally like to eat a hamburger after a long run.
    As far as Liza, I think her errors were mental, not physical.
    Poor Jason, 12 pounds are almost 6kg! Poor baby Jason!
    About Yuzuru, he likes oily food but he only has 3% of fat on his body! I don't know how it works!

As far as I've concerned, Liza doesn't look fat at all. Her body type is in her gen, she can make it work as long as she removes that mental block.

Go Liza!

It seems Liza has lost some weight, there are some new photos of her on facebook (at the training camp, I suppose) https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1643330029

go figure
    I couldn't care less what Liza's (or anyone else's) body type or weight is. If she chooses a program that suits her, and performs it clean and with impeccable timing, I'll be perfectly happy. A smartly chosen costume doesn't hurt of course. I like seeing all body types of skaters in the field, from skinny to well-muscled; if someone has a bit of fat on their body (which I doubt, given the amount of exercise these people go through daily), I am content too.
    I am curious what Liza's other program will be. I must agree we've seen enough of Latin music from her- I hope it's something different this time.

/edit - the first sentence isn't aimed at you, meoima. I've just noticed how the sequence of your post and mine might look, so I'm clearing this up just in case. /

Best comeback EVOR! zamboni step's Avatar
    I don't think it's possible to count out someone with such incredibly good jumping technique, her FS at Euros wasn't perfect but she still broke 130 before all this inflation started, skating clean now after establishing some reputation and with a biellmann she could top that and make the team. She'll have to work very hard though, even with the best 3Lz going after the retirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    It seems Liza has lost some weight, there are some new photos of her on facebook (at the training camp, I suppose) https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1643330029
    Not a fan of the black dress, hoping it's just for practice. But wow, she looks great there and I don't think she ever had a weight problem. She's definitely lost some weight but thankfully it appears to be in a healthy manner, not the over-zealous (to put it mildly) "One meal a day" way. Good for Liza!

Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I do think her ship has sailed somewhat but if Liza can get her jumps back, she can stay in the mix. When she hits, her jumps are beautiful. Like Alba said we discussed a little while ago, Liza is still capable of hitting all of her jumps. It's not like she's URing everything or something like that...she's just not landing the jumps. Whatever mental block she has is holding her back.

As great as her jumps are, alone they won't be enough to move up in the Russian ranks. I think if Liza comes on strong this season she will be even with Anna. Then again, if Anna has made some improvements over the summer she may stay ahead of Liza. I think Liza is a very vibrant performer and I hope whatever programs she chooses this year will be very different from the last three years. Hopefully no more black dresses either.

I wish her all of the best, but she does have her work cut out for her.
    Completely agree! When she lands them, her jumps are beautiful, so her problem is not physical (while for example when you take other skaters, they have periods when they aren't able to land their jumps with the quality they used to); what she needs is the ability to pull things together and produce decent performances under pressure

Hic Rhodus, hic salta
    Quote Originally Posted by surimi View Post
    I couldn't care less what Liza's (or anyone else's) body type or weight is. If she chooses a program that suits her, and performs it clean and with impeccable timing, I'll be perfectly happy. A smartly chosen costume doesn't hurt of course. I like seeing all body types of skaters in the field, from skinny to well-muscled; if someone has a bit of fat on their body (which I doubt, given the amount of exercise these people go through daily), I am content too.
    I am curious what Liza's other program will be. I must agree we've seen enough of Latin music from her- I hope it's something different this time.

Custom Title
    sky_fly to enter this thread and tell us all it's because she's too fat in 3...2...1...
    And....

[QUOTE=sky_fly20;955477]
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Liza started to really struggle since she gained weight, when I saw her mother's pics I knew she would become broad and stocky, I guess its not her fault for her body type / genetics. Mihsin has also mentioned about Liza has bad eating habits like eating ice cream

she needs to lose weight, even If that means taking powder for meals like Julia, I am surprised Mishin is not controlling what she eats

she needs to lose 10 pounds or more, her jumps will get stable as she loses weight
    "Stocky"?! 10 pounds lost on a 5'2" frame? A powder diet? Good lord, just stop. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I agree with Sam... there are a lot of young skaters who read or hear these types of asinine comments, and it reflect poorly on their confidence, self-esteem and in turn their health. You should be ashamed for perpetuating this type of crap, sky_fly. In general, people who have their own body image issues project their own hangups onto celebrities/athletes/etc.

If Liza really wants to develop confidence, it's not about losing a few pounds or eating right. It's also about embracing her body as one that isn't that of a tiny little girl, and translating that into more mature expression, and using her body to generate power which she otherwise wouldn't be able to do if she were a stick.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast