The best strategy for your favorite skater | Golden Skate

The best strategy for your favorite skater

supsu

On the Ice
So, there's been talk about the best ways to collect COP points and how it can be different from skater to skater. The Jason-Jeremy case. I would like you guys to post ideas (or day dreams) that would make sense for your skater and their strengths. Also, how are they doing now plan-wise and are the couches taking everything into consideration. Hopefully they are, so they are worth the money.. :think:

So here's my idea for Yuzuru, my favorite skater (with PChan):

Of course i think he should still develop his artistry (and skating skills) but since the jumps are the obvious choice for him, i'll stick with those.. Spins i think he's pretty much maxed out on point wise, don't u think?

4lo
4s
4t
---
4t-3a
3a-3t
3lz-1lo-3s
3lz
3f

I'm not daydreaming, right? :love::rofl::party:

OR the 3-jump combo would be 4t-3a-3a
and the rest 3lz-3t and 3lz, 3s, 3f.

....oohhh.. i feel a bit dizzy..
But these plan it to be executed only after a rule change in which hard combos get an extra 10% (or something).

Okey, your turn!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wouldn't it make more sense for that 4t-3A to be more 3A-4t? That would be hard core.....But I think Hanyu could do it since his 3A is really strong (as is his 4t).

Meoima

Match Penalty
I only wish Yuzuru will slow down all his quads, I am very worried about his health. :slink:
He is already an OGM, world champion... I think it's enough for him to slow down a bit. :cry: I don't want those medals push him too far.

Anyways, I have no particular idea about the jump layout, I think the layout should be reasonable and practical for skater to execute. I hope Yulia will not try the quad until she's 17. I hope Yuzuru will keep his layout for LP as last year since there is little hope that he will water it down, so don't jam-pack it anymore.

begin

Medalist
Wouldn't it make more sense for that 4t-3A to be more 3A-4t? That would be hard core.....But I think Hanyu could do it since his 3A is really strong (as is his 4t).

That's not possible lol? 4T lands on back out, 3A enters forward out. With that much speed out of his 3A and his ability to rotate so fast 3A+4T is doable.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
^That's not possible lol? 4T lands on back out, 3A is forward out.

Lots of folks do 2A-3t. Wouldn't' a 3A-4t just be a similar combo with one extra rotation? 4t-3A is definitely not a possibility unless you put a step in between and make it a sequence..

begin

Medalist
Lots of folks do 2A-3t. Wouldn't' a 3A-4t just be a similar combo with one extra rotation?

Oh I meant the 4T-3A isn't possible.

There was a practice vid somewhere of Kovtun(?) doing the 3A+4T combo.

Meoima

Match Penalty
That's not possible lol? 4T lands on back out, 3A enters forward out. With that much speed out of his 3A and his ability to rotate so fast 3A+4T is doable.
The risk and the points they reward to skater for 3A 4T is not worth it, I think.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
For Jason Brown, it would be super awesome to see this layout later in the season:

3z (tano)-2t
4t
3a
--
3lo
3a-1l-3s
3f-3t
3z (tano)
2a

Or if doesn't want to do a second triple axel, this layout would allow him to repeat his strong toe jumps (flip and lutz)

3z (tano)-2t
4t
3a
--
3lo
3f-1l-3s
3f-3t
3z (tano)
2a

HanDomi

Record Breaker
4lo
4s
4t
---
4t-3a
3a-3t
3lz-1lo-3s
3lz
3f

!

I think it is too crazy a bit :biggrin: But I think it will sooner or later happen a program with 3 diffrent quad by him.

For now I think he will have about the same as last season. Still with that layout he has advance overy others on TES.

But If he will keep bombing 4S I vote for to change it for 4Lo immediately :biggrin:

But I think anyway he will try 4Lo instead of 4S at first GP competitions just to be.... the first to land it in competition :slink: :biggrin:

supsu

On the Ice

Yes, good point! :clap: Of course it makes sense. I was came up with 4-3 because he's done 4-3-3- sequence in some show, am i right? Yes, my thought process was also with the consideration that the sequence rule would be thrown away.

I only wish Yuzuru will slow down all his quads, I am very worried about his health.
He is already an OGM, world champion... I think it's enough for him to slow down a bit. I don't want those medals push him too far.

Yes i almost cried after writing the 1st post because i can see him practicing and practicing like no tomorrow with those crazy jumps. He seems so driven.. it is good to have a goal and a passion but... i hope it doesn't end badly. And fans like myself should put an apple in their mouths when "ordering" him to perform such crazy layouts.. :bang::disapp:

And begin: yes as a sequence it's possible but as a combo obviously not.

Meoima

Match Penalty
So here's my idea for Yuzuru, my favorite skater (with PChan):
4lo
4s
4t
---
4t-3a
3a-3t
3lz-1lo-3s
3lz
3f
I have to say it seems a little bit crazy, 4 quads a long program and 1 in combo, very risky and it doesn't worth scarifying your health for that mess.

The only one that's out there is from LAST summer from The Skating Lesson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOEynnwfK9A
I would hope it's progressed since then.
Thank you. I think he's good. It's last summer so obviously there has been some improvement. I hope he will put that quad in his program in one day. :)
just don't do it like Yuzuru. All the damn quad! :unsure: I hate Yuzuru's stubbornness so much. I wish Yuzuru would slow down and give body some rest.

begin

Medalist

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thank you. I think he's good. It's last summer so obviously there has been some improvement. I hope he will put that quad in his program in one day. :)
just don't do it like Yuzuru. All the damn quad! :unsure: I hate Yuzuru's stubbornness so much. I wish Yuzuru would slow down and give himself some rest.

Kori seems the type to not over-do it. Jason has avoided major injuries up to now, so I think that would continue. Also Kori is about preserving integrity of a program, so she's not going to let him do it if it takes away from the choreography/overall program -- which is what he is known for and shines in anyway.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yeah. There's no reason to use that combo to max a skater's TES rn. Maybe in another decade when every man is using bionic knees and consistently doing five different quads (idk know the actual math lol).
Ah this is what I was thinking of earlier! Who IS he?
Yes, 5 quads a long program as Plushy has always dreamed about. :biggrin:
About the guy, if I remember correctly he is a coach.

begin

Medalist
Yes, 5 quads a long program as Plushy has always dreamed about. :biggrin:
About the guy, if I remember correctly he is a coach.

Wow. I would assume someone who could jump like that would have their federation all up in arms to have him compete.

Sorry OP for digressing so much but I don't know how well I could strategize for my faves when they already devote months to churning out a strategy f'real, haha. I used to wish for Yuna to throw her 3-3 in the bonus portion of her programs. Maybe that could work for Yulia if she ever takes care of her tendency to flutz once she's tired. Axels are my fave jumps so I welcome the 2A+4T as well.