New Pair team Marchei and Hotarek | Golden Skate

New Pair team Marchei and Hotarek

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Well, the article actually says that "they're thinking about it", there is nothing official! And Marchei has not made a decision about her career in singles...

bluebell0710

Rinkside
Thank you very much for the clarification. I update in the first post.
Well, the article actually says that "they're thinking about it", there is nothing official! And Marchei has not made a decision about her career in singles...

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I really hope this is not true!

Much as I may like Ondrej and want to see him continue, I do not want to see Valentina leave singles skating.

But, this is a newspaper we are talking about. And, as the scandals in the British press in recent years have shown, you can't always believe everything you read in the newspapers.

So, I hope that this is the same.

Anyway, Valentina has already been given GP assignments in singles skating. So if she was contemplating switching to a different category, you would have thought her slots would have been put down as "TBD" in the list...

CaroLiza_fan

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
It was widely rumored that Berton and Hotarek had split. Then the Grand Prix assignments came out and they were on them.... hmmm....

FSGMT

Record Breaker
The worst part of Marchei switching to Pairs would be that Italy would be left with only a couple of decent Ladies skaters (Rio, Rodeghiero and the young Tagliapietra who has landed 3Lz+3T in Italian Nationals), and no-one really competitive at a good level internationally :cry:
Well, at least we're still the best in the world in roller skating :biggrin:

Alba

Record Breaker
I'm not surprised about B&H, but I hope Marchei switching wiht Pairs is not true. She wrote two days ago on FB saying that she was happy about the GP's and that she is going to USA for training.

About Gazzetta. It's not a newspaper that writes things without having something. Most probably this is an idea of Marchei's coach, Franca Bianconi, which is also the coach of B&H.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Back when Berton teamed up with Hotarek, she intended to carry on her career in singles as well, but then she decided to focus only on pairs, because it was too much.
For Marchei, at her age, it would be hard to compete both in singles and pairs, especially because she is currently Italy's #1, so she has GP assignments and so on.
Marchei and Berton are about the same height, around 5'3.

Alba

Record Breaker
Back when Berton teamed up with Hotarek, she intended to carry on her career in singles as well, but then she decided to focus only on pairs, because it was too much.
For Marchei, at her age, it would be hard to compete both in singles and pairs, especially because she is currently Italy's #1, so she has GP assignments and so on.
Marchei and Berton are about the same height, around 5'3.

If Marchei is switching to Pairs of course she is not going to compete in singles as well. Maybe they're still trying now and see if they fit together, but if the news is out there is defenitely some truth.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm not surprised about B&H, but I hope Marchei switching wiht Pairs is not true. She wrote two days ago on FB saying that she was happy about the GP's and that she is going to USA for training.

Well, that's an encouraging sign.

About Gazzetta. It's not a newspaper that writes things without having something. Most probably this is an idea of Marchei's coach, Franca Bianconi, which is also the coach of B&H.

Ah, sorry. I was led to believe that "Gazetta" was one of those papers that print things without checking their sources. (Our bike commentators must have got the wrong end of the stick). I'll amend my earlier post.

Let's hope Franca doesn't go any further with this idea...

CaroLiza_fan

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
If Marchei is switching to Pairs of course she is not going to compete in singles as well. Maybe they're still trying now and see if they fit together, but if the news is out there is defenitely some truth.

Well, that would be a pity, because Marchei is really getting it together lately: of course, she lacks something to reach the very top, but maybe that goal of hers (Euros medal) is within reach, even if it depends a lot on what Russian girls do.
A Marchei/Hotarek pair would mean great sbs jumps, on the other hand, for all pair elements, it's quite a gamble: not impossible, but it will likely require time.

Alba

Record Breaker
Well, that's an encouraging sign.

Ah, sorry. I was led to believe that "Gazetta" was one of those papers that print things without checking their sources. (Our bike commentators must have got the wrong end of the stick). I'll amend my earlier post.

Let's hope Franca doesn't go any further with this idea...

CaroLiza_fan

There is no need to amend. They write a lot of bollocks as well. :biggrin:
It happens in football section usually, because there is a lot of movement there and different interests involved. They are based in Milan and I'm sure there is some truth behind this news. Now she is going to USA, to Ina and Jason. I would not be surprised he Hotarek goes with her. We'll see...

Well, that would be a pity, because Marchei is really getting it together lately: of course, she lacks something to reach the very top, but maybe that goal of hers (Euros medal) is within reach, even if it depends a lot on what Russian girls do.
A Marchei/Hotarek pair would mean great sbs jumps, on the other hand, for all pair elements, it's quite a gamble: not impossible, but it will likely require time.

I agree, but who knows. Maybe the level of girls in Europe will raise thanks to the russians, so maybe she thinks she has more chance with pairs? I don't know...I have a feeling that this is Bianconi's idea.

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
There is no need to amend. They write a lot of bollocks as well. :biggrin:
It happens in football section usually, because there is a lot of movement there and different interests involved. They are based in Milan and I'm sure there is some truth behind this news. Now she is going to USA, to Ina and Jason. I would not be surprised he Hotarek goes with her. We'll see...

Are you talking about Valentina in the bolded part? Because if so, she has trained with Jason for awhile now in singles...

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Oh good grief there must be something the water - teams splitting and skaters having trouble retiring lol