Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Music suggestion for Gracie Gold

Custom Title

Music suggestion for Gracie Gold

I'm exited about the new rule who allows vocal music for the FS

Do you think that Gracie could skate to «let it go» for her FS ?

I have watch her exhibition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbKdMG-NiU4 and I think that it could be an amazing program if she manages to make this ex. a FS program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by coolboogie22 View Post
    I'm exited about the new rule who allows vocal music for the FS

Do you think that Gracie could skate to «let it go» for her FS ?

I have watch her exhibition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbKdMG-NiU4 and I think that it could be an amazing program if she manages to make this ex. a FS program
    I don't think Frank would let her and I am glad. It's a fun program but a Disney song does not a senior FS program make. (Besides, that song is EVERYWHERE and it's getting old, in my opinion.)

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    It would be a serious copyright issue (DISNEY) and all her videos would be taken down so fast.

Custom Title
    I think that would be a very bad idea. Gracie is already accused to being too "pageanty" and "Disney" (myself among those accusations, admittedly), so a program to Let It Go would just fuel those criticisms. Even if it's the most beautiful program ever, people will find it difficult to see past her reputation. Same reason why Liza skating to another Latin piece would be bad--even if the program is a masterpiece, it just gives people more reason to complain.

Me, personally? Don't really find Let It Go any better or worse a program than Gracie's current ones. I hope she'll work on her line/extension on the spiral and Ina Bauer though (the former isn't too bad, but US ladies are generally known for having incredible spirals, so I admit I hold Gracie to a lofty standard). And please don't lip sync to the lyrics!

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    It would be a serious copyright issue (DISNEY) and all her videos would be taken down so fast.
    But she's used it in an exhibition, right? So.....so far, so good unless I'm missing something. Have to believe someone jumped through the copyright hoops before doing the program for her.

Having said that, agree that while LIG is lots of fun it's still sort of meh as a piece of music and is definitely getting old. I loved the exhibition, too, but IMO Gracie needs something more sophisticated for a senior level FS. Whoever chose the Grieg Piano Concerto for her 2013-2014 SP was on the right track; hope she goes more in that direction instead of Disney.

No disrespect to the OP -- just one person's opinion.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    I meant copyright issues on YouTube. I can't even watch the video the OP linked for this reason. So all her videos will be taken down....or at least difficult to access.....right?

I would flip if that happened to my favorite skater.

Gracie is using the same SP right. Thought I read that today on the news feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    I think that would be a very bad idea. Gracie is already accused to being too "pageanty" and "Disney" (myself among those accusations, admittedly), so a program to Let It Go would just fuel those criticisms.
    I thought the same thing. And I just can not understand the hype for this song

Custom Title
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    It's a lovely EX but I can't see it as her FS and I admit I'm tired of that song

Tripping on the Podium
    It's a fun EX program, but I don't see it working as a FP.

skating philosopher
    I personally hope that Gracie will "Let it Go" after this year.

I didn't really enjoy it at SOI.

Custom Title
    That would almost be a kiss of death lol. And as others have said, Frank would undoubtedly put his foot down on that.

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I meant copyright issues on YouTube. I can't even watch the video the OP linked for this reason. So all her videos will be taken down....or at least difficult to access.....right?

I would flip if that happened to my favorite skater.

Gracie is using the same SP right. Thought I read that today on the news feed.
    Oh. I didn't try the link -- remembered the program from the Olympics gala (I think). Anyway, you're right: if you can't watch on YT, there are issues somewhere.

There are, however, some American exhibition programs that are truly beautiful and could EASILY translate into a senior-appropriate program. For example, Jeremy Abbott's The Fear by Ben Howard as well as Wagner's Sweet Dreams Are Made of This.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pista04 View Post
    There are, however, some American exhibition programs that are truly beautiful and could EASILY translate into a senior-appropriate program. For example, Jeremy Abbott's The Fear by Ben Howard as well as Wagner's Sweet Dreams Are Made of This.
    I wonder if we'll see several skaters take their exhibitions and make them into competition programs.

Custom Title
    I was actually quite disappointed in Gracie's Let it Go. There was so much potential there and it looked like the program was thrown together in a couple of hours before the show. :(

All the same, it's not a great idea for an LP (is it even long enough?) and we're going to hear it enough this year; don't torment us so!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast