Music suggestion for Gracie Gold | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Music suggestion for Gracie Gold

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
wow this will be hard to beat, Gracie is setting a trend, Let it go could be a trademark music and program from Gracie
this music with her planned elements, we could see a potential 140-150 free skate maximum score.

Don't you mean 170+? :laugh:

This is a bad idea. Obviously. It will be a worse farce than Amodio's Fergalicious.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Don't you mean 170+? :laugh:

This is a bad idea. Obviously. It will be a worse farce than Amodio's Fergalicious.

no other skater has skated as a competitive program "Let it Go"
it could be her trademark or what Gracie will be known for the future

it is well known music and could generate new fanbase in FS epecially in America
it suits her perfectly, and she is blonde beauty like Elsa ;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

it is well known music and could generate new fanbase in FS epecially in America

No, it couldn't. It would be a stupid idea. The song is already driving people bonkers; put it on the international scene and people will go bonkers. It made a pretty exhibition, but it's not a competitive song.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
No, it couldn't. It would be a stupid idea. The song is already driving people bonkers; put it on the international scene and people will go bonkers. It made a pretty exhibition, but it's not a competitive song.

I personally don't like Let it Go song either
what I'm saying is that exposure to a well known song could
make Gracie a household name in the US and attract new fanbase for figure skating

isnt that a win-win situation :)

No one has skated to it yet because it was such a new song last season, and most skaters' programs were probably already created when the film came out. This year I'm betting that a lot of novice and junior skaters will be using this music. I'm not sure it's suitable for a senior skater who may be the standard bearer for the U.S. ladies. I also worry that because the pacing and intensity of the song are the same throughout, there's not much room for variety of presentation of elements (such as footwork, for example). At the very least, it would need to be blended with other music from the soundtrack.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
No one has skated to it yet because it was such a new song last season, and most skaters' programs were probably already created when the film came out. This year I'm betting that a lot of novice and junior skaters will be using this music. I'm not sure it's suitable for a senior skater who may be the standard bearer for the U.S. ladies. I also worry that because the pacing and intensity of the song are the same throughout, there's not much room for variety of presentation of elements (such as footwork, for example). At the very least, it would need to be blended with other music from the soundtrack.

I think its possible Gracie might use a remix version or edited version of the music
to match with the pacing for her choroegraphy, footworks etc.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Re: Michelle skating to Disney songs, her two programs (Mulan and Pocahontas) were gorgeously choreographed and delivered. That Pocahontas program was incredible; all of the nuances in the choreography were amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbLdsAh7_cc#t=47

As for Let It Go, the song is nice but for me, it didn't fit in with the movie. If someone asked me, "Do you think this song is part of a Disney movie or a Broadway play?" I'd say Broadway. It just didn't fit in to me. As for the movie itself, I thought it was cute and I think the whole Let It Go sequence was beautifully done...but other than that I wasn't all that blown away by the story overall. To me, Tangled was was better: music and story wise.

Anyhoo, re: Gracie skating to LIG as a competitive program, um no. Hell no. I was disappointed with exhibition program. She looked lovely but the program was carried by the music; the choreography/performance was pretty meh to me. This season I'd like to see Gracie skating to powerful music, though I have a feeling Frank is going to continue to push the ice princess persona. I like Gracie but her performances come off very pageant-like and I just can't connect to her skating...all of her "performance" is strictly on the surface. I hope she continues to improve to the point where she can actually connect with the audience and really draw people in to her performances. Of all of the top ladies coming into the season, I think she's the weakest when it comes to performing. Adelina, Elena, Ashley, Julia, Polina and maybe even Anna are all better performers than Gracie.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Re: Michelle skating to Disney songs, her two programs (Mulan and Pocahontas) were gorgeously choreographed and delivered. That Pocahontas program was incredible; all of the nuances in the choreography were amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbLdsAh7_cc#t=47

As for Let It Go, the song is nice but for me, it didn't fit in with the movie. If someone asked me, "Do you think this song is part of a Disney movie or a Broadway play?" I'd say Broadway. It just didn't fit in to me. As for the movie itself, I thought it was cute and I think the whole Let It Go sequence was beautifully done...but other than that I wasn't all that blown away by the story overall. To me, Tangled was was better: music and story wise.

Anyhoo, re: Gracie skating to LIG as a competitive program, um no. Hell no. I was disappointed with exhibition program. She looked lovely but the program was carried by the music; the choreography/performance was pretty meh to me. This season I'd like to see Gracie skating to powerful music, though I have a feeling Frank is going to continue to push the ice princess persona. I like Gracie but her performances come off very pageant-like and I just can't connect to her skating...all of her "performance" is strictly on the surface. I hope she continues to improve to the point where she can actually connect with the audience and really draw people in to her performances. Of all of the top ladies coming into the season, I think she's the weakest when it comes to performing. Adelina, Elena, Ashley, Julia, Polina and maybe even Anna are all better performers than Gracie.

All so true...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

it cant be bad when we've seen and music has been skated to Burlesuque, latin mambo jambo tango generic repetitions ;)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I think we've seen enough Disney programs, lol.

If Gracie wants to be taken seriously, skating to LIG is a horrible horrible idea. And if she did decide to compete with that program, she would need to scrap the current program she has set for it, given its repetitive, fairly basic choreography, and I agree with whoever said kill the lip synching parts. The only way she COULD skate to LIG is if she took out the lyrics and did a heavily modified instrumental version of it. Hearing Idina Menzel wailing is hardly going to work.

Maybe for little kids and their families, sure.... but the international judges would flay her alive. They wouldn't even be able to watch her jumps because their eyes would be too busy rolling in their sockets throughout the program.

And just because it's popular music and hasn't been skated to before doesn't mean it's appropriate music. Hey, why not have Hanyu skate a competitive program to Gangnam Style, given how immensely popular it is and given how nobody is using it in their competitive programs (wonder why). :laugh:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why is everyone talking about Gracie skating to this song this season anyways? It's just her exhibition number.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Is that really something she wants to be "known for"?

Witt is known for Carmen. Arakawa is known for Turandot. Baiul is known for Swan Lake. Sasha is known for Dark Eyes. Kwan is known for Lyra Angelica. Gold is known for... Let It Go. :laugh:

humbaba

Final Flight
Why is everyone talking about Gracie skating to this song this season anyways? It's just her exhibition number.

This.

Has Gracie or anyone associated with her given any indication she might use LIG for her LP ? If not, some of the comments on this thread are premature, to say the least.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess Gracie is keeping her SP from last year though. Would have liked to see her get a new SP too.

Off topic, but maybe someone can enlighten me. I never saw the movie, but why did the snowman want summer to come?

Off topic, but maybe someone can enlighten me. I never saw the movie, but why did the snowman want summer to come?

You are asking for a logical motivation for anyone's behavior in that movie? I was unable to find one. Biggest plot hole: if, as it turned out at the end, love solved the problem and broke the spell, why didn't the combined love of the parents and the sister solve the problem and break the spell right at the get-go? Next to that, the problem of the snowman wishing for melting weather is (oh, I can't resist...) a drop in the bucket.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker

Because the original poster asked us just that. Quoting: "Do you think that Gracie could skate to «let it go» for her FS ?" We're all talking about the 'what if' scenario, as far as I can see.