Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Music suggestion for Gracie Gold

Custom Title
    I wasn't much a fan of it at SOI either. Gracie needs a great program with great music this year to show last year wasn't a fluke!

Banned
    I think people's expectations of SoI Exhibition programs are a bit too high at this point in history :-)

In any case, Michelle Kwan skated to Pocahontas and the world went Gaga over it, so I don't see an issue with someone using Disney. I still wouldn't want to watch it. I prefer classical for figure skating because the music is generally composed a bit better and has a bit better structure for laying programs out to it. But other genres can and often do work fine as well. Just my preference.

I actually think another year of classical would do Gracie some good to make her learn how to interpret music better. A lot of other music holds the skater's hands and gets in the way of them genuinely progressing, musically speaking.

Banned
    wow this will be hard to beat, Gracie is setting a trend, Let it go could be a trademark music and program from Gracie
    this music with her planned elements, we could see a potential 140-150 free skate maximum score.

Custom Title
    Didn't she say in an interview that she wouldn't be doing lyrics this season? I don't see it happening

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    wow this will be hard to beat, Gracie is setting a trend, Let it go could be a trademark music and program from Gracie
    this music with her planned elements, we could see a potential 140-150 free skate maximum score.
    Gracie is not going to get the PCS she needs to get a 150 score. The Olympics are over.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Components View Post
    Gracie is not going to get the PCS she needs to get a 150 score. The Olympics are over.
    she is already scoring 30+ in LP, her Freeskates can easily crack in 140s especially with the old guards either not competing or retired
    speed, power, jumps, beauty and body type will get you far in PCS

Gracie is already getting 200+ total scores
    the first American to do so, not even Kwan has achieved that in her career !

Ahem. She has received exactly one 200+ score in international competition. And that's with crazy Olympics inflation.

Banned
    she is already scoring 30+ in LP, her Freeskates can easily crack in 140s especially with the old guards either not competing or retired
    speed, power, jumps, beauty and body type will get you far in PCS

the first American to do so, not even Kwan has achieved that in her career !
    Gracie will need Asada level PCS to score 145 (average of your range) and that's not happening. Julia was clean in a Sochi Olympics and didn't score that high. She gets better PCS than Gold.

Maybe her programs will be that eMazing, though.

Kwan has nothing to do with this. I am numb to that tactic, friend :-)

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    It would be a serious copyright issue (DISNEY) and all her videos would be taken down so fast.
    Maybe she could use Let It Go: Goats version instead then

Quote Originally Posted by flyushka View Post
    Maybe she could use Let It Go: Goats version instead then
    Or maybe the NSFW version? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYsrV3zGd0c

Custom Title
    Why the heck are people bringing up Kwan's scores in the early periods of COP, before inflation set in, and which Michelle competed while perishing from injuries?

I don't think any skater will hit 150 skating to Let It Go. Unless all their competitors skated to Justin Bieber. (Now watch as someone proves me wrong next season . Er, the Let It Go part, not the Justin Bieber part).

In any case, Michelle Kwan skated to Pocahontas and the world went Gaga over it, so I don't see an issue with someone using Disney.
    The difference is that Michelle was seen by most people as an enchanting artist on ice, while Gracie is already getting a lot of "pageant queen" labels. Skating to Let It Go wouldn't be the best idea for anyone, but it goes for Gracie in particular. (You don't have to agree that Michelle was an artist or that Gracie is pageanty, but that's how many people perceive them).

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    LOL! Now that's a winner for sure - I can't wait to see the judges' reactions to some of those very poignant lines.

Not a good music choice

Shoe Diva
    Here's what I'd like to see from Gracie in upcoming seasons: strong, athletic music that puts her ice princess on the shelf and showcases her inner tough girl. One of the reasons her Let it Go program is so painful to watch is that she skates it like she knows it's stupid. She's no sweetheart (and I mean that in the best way possible) she should put all the preconceived notions on the shelf and just go be awesome.

Custom Title
    I don't think people's expectations of SOI programs are too high - do you know how expensive those tickets are now? This was an Olympic year and I realize perhaps some of the key people didn't have time to adequately develop programs for SOI but I do expect good choreography and good music!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast