Aldridge/Eaton coaching change | Golden Skate

Aldridge/Eaton coaching change

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/AldridgeEaton/status/484735798411927553/photo/1

Alexandra/Daniel
‏@AldridgeEaton
We would like to announce our recent coaching change! Just finished up our first 2 weeks at the Artic Edge! pic.twitter.com/deWCwMAX87
9:29 AM - 3 Jul 2014

Interesting move, though I'm not surprised.

This will be an interesting dynamic at Artic Edge with the Shibutanis and Sinitsina/Katsalapov. And Reeds are there too, right?

Though it seems to be an amicable change. Jean-Luc Baker favored their tweet.

Last edited:

flutzy13

On the Ice
Probably smart. Krylova has a lot of teams and they were training with their main uS competition for that third worlds spot- H/D and H/B. Not sure if this will ultimately change things- I see H/B as majorly on the rise- but at least they saw the writing not the wall as to where they were going to be priority wise and are trying to do something about improving their prospects.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Who were there former coaches?

Krylova I think

Probably smart. Krylova has a lot of teams and they were training with their main uS competitio for that third worlds spot- H/D and H/B. Not sure if this will ultimately change things- I really see the. Fifth at Nationals again- but at least they saw the writing not the wall as to where they were going to be priority wise and are trying to do something about their prospects.

Yes, Krylova is Aldridge/Eaton's former coach.

I believe that TurboMom (a GS member) was either A's or E's mother. IIRC, TurboMom's posts consistently gave the impression that A/E were very happy with Krylova and Camerlengo; that A/E loved belonging to the training group at DSC; etc.

Possible that those sentiments remain true -- at the same time as what flutzy says, leading to a tough decision for A/E that they would benefit from a change.
Perhaps TurboMom will post in this thread to add some insight.

Thx for the news, Mrs. P. BTW, I see that IN already has updated A/E's bio -- which now lists Zoueva and Scali as their coaches [ETA: and choreographers].

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
As far as results:

Weaver/Poje -- top team internationally; 2014 World Silver medalist
Hubbell/Donahue -- top senior U.S. team; 2014 4CC champion
Hawayek/Baker -- top junior U.S. team and will debut at the senior level; 2014 Junior World Champs
Paul/Islam -- no. 2 Canadian team (in DSC); 2014 Canadian bronze medalists. With Virtue/Moir out, there might be some motivation to get Paul/Islam to edge Gilles/Portier for Canada No. 2
Aldridge/Eaton -- second senior U.S. team; fifth at 2014 Nationals; 2014 4CC bronze medalists

So yeah it's a bit crowded. In Canton, they'll get more attention, I think.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
AFAIR, weren't A&E working with Scali a fair amount of the time? So its's perhaps not surprising that they followed him to Canton?

Last edited: