Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: Best coach for Russian ladies?

  1. #1
    Custom Title skateluvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,592

    Best coach for Russian ladies?

    Is is Morozov? Mishin? Julia's coach? Who is the coach turning out the best of the Russian ladies or are there a bunch of people now to spread the wealth? Just curious who a young talented girl with big dreams would seek out first...

  2. #2
    Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,499
    I'm not 100% sure about who is the actual go-to, but I'd say there are a number of popular coaches.

    I'd think that given the success of Julia, Eteri Tutberidze is probably in demand right now. She also coaches Evgenia Medvedeva who has been successful on the junior level.

    Same goes for Elena Radionova's coach, Inna Goncharenko. She also coaches Alexandra Proklova.

    I'd think Adelina's coach Elena Buianova may see a jump in people coming to her due to Adelina's OGM.

    I'd say Mishin is still an excellent jump coach but he lacks the majority of the in-betweens skaters need which doesn't make him a good go-to.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Tutberidze - coaches Julia, Serafima, Adian, Moris, Voronov, Medvedeva, Tsurskaya
    Anna Tsareva - Anna P
    Svetlana Panova - Maria Sotskova
    Mishin - Tuk, Petrov, Nugumanova
    Urmanov - Anastasia Gubanova, Gosviani
    Buyanova - Sotnikova, Kovtun, Samarin
    Inna Goncharenko - Radionova, Proklova
    Rukavitsin - Menshov, Artemeieva


    I think there are now more qualified coaches
    most of these coaches can help depending on skaters compatibility
    just dont go to one coach, aka Grim Reaper Sokolovskaya

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,795
    I guess, for the moment, we can say it's Eteri Tutberidze.

    But honestly, there's no real "go-to" coach. It's about finding the right fit--the coach that works for you.

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    I guess, for the moment, we can say it's Eteri Tutberidze.

    But honestly, there's no real "go-to" coach. It's about finding the right fit--the coach that works for you.
    I don't think Tutberidze achieved anything more than Goncharenko with her ladies skaters. Goncharenko matched Tutberidze pretty equally - one has Lipnitskaya and the other one Radionova, one has Medvedeva and the other has Proklova, so that's pretty equal. Tutberidze now has also Sakhanovich but considering that she has been teaching her only for a few months, Sakhanovich's results can't be contributed to her.

  6. #6
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,231
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    just dont go to one coach, aka Grim Reaper Sokolovskaya
    I don't know why but I can't help but every time you post this.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I don't think Tutberidze achieved anything more than Goncharenko with her ladies skaters. Goncharenko matched Tutberidze pretty equally - one has Lipnitskaya and the other one Radionova, one has Medvedeva and the other has Proklova, so that's pretty equal. Tutberidze now has also Sakhanovich but considering that she has been teaching her only for a few months, Sakhanovich's results can't be contributed to her.
    Tutberidze trains male skater that have achieved more in international scenes Voronov, Pitkeev, she has Tsurskaya for 2015

    Goncharenko cannot teach a correct axel techique that contributed to Samarin's terrible season last 2013,
    luckily Samarin has left Goncharenko and is now with Buyanova

  8. #8
    Best comeback EVOR! zamboni step's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    631
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Tutberidze trains male skater that have achieved more in international scenes Voronov, Pitkeev, she has Tsurskaya for 2015

    Goncharenko cannot teach a correct axel techique that contributed to Samarin's terrible season last 2013,
    luckily Samarin has left Goncharenko and is now with Buyanova
    That's odd.....I don't remember Lipnitskaya or Medvedeva's incredible axel technique, Tsurskaya's isn't looking so hot either. I do however know Proklova has an amazing 2A technique. So really neither coaches are good at teaching axel, Radionova's is improving although it does have a long way to go. Honestly 2A is almost every Russian girl's worst jump; Lipnitskaya, Medvedeva, Pogorilaya, Radionova, Sakhanovich and Kayumova all have pretty shaky 2As. The only two coaches I know of in Russia who don't teach pretty shaky axel are Mishin and Buyanova.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni step View Post
    That's odd.....I don't remember Lipnitskaya or Medvedeva's incredible axel technique, Tsurskaya's isn't looking so hot either. I do however know Proklova has an amazing 2A technique. So really neither coaches are good at teaching axel, Radionova's is improving although it does have a long way to go. Honestly 2A is almost every Russian girl's worst jump; Lipnitskaya, Medvedeva, Pogorilaya, Radionova, Sakhanovich and Kayumova all have pretty shaky 2As. The only two coaches I know of in Russia who don't teach pretty shaky axel are Mishin and Buyanova.
    Proklova is an exception, the rest have either a hop axel or no flow jump ala Radionova

  10. #10
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    I guess, for the moment, we can say it's Eteri Tutberidze.

    But honestly, there's no real "go-to" coach. It's about finding the right fit--the coach that works for you.

  11. #11
    Best comeback EVOR! zamboni step's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    631
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Proklova is an exception, the rest have either a hop axel or no flow jump ala Radionova
    The only difference is Eteri taught one boy good axel technique, Voronov had his before Tutberidze. So if Proklova is an exception than so is Pitkeev. Radionova needs to work on her axel but not as much as Julia or Medvedeva. Medvedeva in particular....

  12. #12
    Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    3,410
    Axel or no Axel - I'm not obsessed with that as long as they land it - I would go with Eteri and Inna Goncharenko, if I have to choose.
    In principle I agree with Sandpiper though. It's about finding the right fit--the coach that works for you.

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Tutberidze trains male skater that have achieved more in international scenes Voronov, Pitkeev, she has Tsurskaya for 2015
    That's again match for match. Tutberidze has Tsurskaya and Gocharenko has Victoria Bezrukova. Tsurskaya and Bezrukova are again reasonably matched with their skills. At the Russian baby nationals Первенство России (мл. вз.) 2014 (possibly something like novice) Tsurskaya won it with a score 0.32 higher than Bezrukova who was second. They will become junior eligible at the same season.

    In regards to men, I thought this thread is not who is the best coach ever, but who is the best coach for Russian ladies.

  14. #14
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    190
    for jumps. Mishin

    Skating skills and other PCS: Buianova and Tarasova

  15. #15
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,231
    For competitiveness- Eteri

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •