Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: Tickets For Cup of China

  1. #16
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by foruiz View Post
    Thanks firal especially with your accounts on how to get tickets in the Yuzu Hanyu forum. Looks like I might not be able to go after all because I haven't been able to get plane tickets yet. Enjoy everyone!
    Expedia JP still has flight & hotel packages for that weekend. Check it out.

  2. #17
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by KansaiPJ View Post
    I totally understand your frustration. I have arranged for VIP zone for all three days, but they won't give me a seat assignment yet, so I have no idea where I will be sitting. It is driving me crazy! Did you use the website listed above, or is there another one? This is craziness!
    It is the same website above, but my friends in China helped me get the tickets from Chinese page, where you can choose your seats from this afternoon. But most of the long track side front/center seats are gone, because they were reserved for pre-sale tickets. So don't worry, I think you will still get good seats because you purchased your tickets during pre-sale period. Obviously CoC became more popular this year, so popular that organizer had to arrange more arena seats, and VIP tickets are almost sold out despite it is still so early.

  3. #18
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    42
    Just for fun (or torture) I also clicked on the seat selection website to see what kind of tickets are available now. Well my tickets are only very slightly better than what's still available (like a row ahead),and about the last row of the VIP zone. I can still see a few VIP tickets lying around if anyone's interested, but really the seats are pretty much as close as the ones that are cheaper (280 and 300).

  4. #19
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    54
    I am getting my tourist visa for Shanghai this week. I am getting excited. I hope this will be a great event.

  5. #20
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    13
    I am considering if I should fly in to catch Yuzuru in this competition (or Words 2015) since I could not get the NHK Trophy. Given the short turnaround time, may I ask if anyone of you know of any decent hotel near a subway station that is near to the sports centre ? Travelling alone and will just be in Shanghai for this event so would prefer to stay somewhere convenient.. Thanks

  6. #21
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by ngml View Post
    I am considering if I should fly in to catch Yuzuru in this competition (or Words 2015) since I could not get the NHK Trophy. Given the short turnaround time, may I ask if anyone of you know of any decent hotel near a subway station that is near to the sports centre ? Travelling alone and will just be in Shanghai for this event so would prefer to stay somewhere convenient.. Thanks
    I totally understand you. Paying for the NHK tickets on auction for all 3 days are more expensive than flying to Shanghai plus COC tickets.

    I will stay in the official hotel of the event, Sheraton Pudong (not the Four Points by Sheraton which is next to the "original" Sheraton), but it is really expensive, and not really close to the sports center (I think 8 stops by subway). I don't think there is decent hotel near the sports center, so I would suggest you choose somewhere along the subway red line, even it is not in Pudong district.

  7. #22
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by ngml View Post
    I am considering if I should fly in to catch Yuzuru in this competition (or Words 2015) since I could not get the NHK Trophy. Given the short turnaround time, may I ask if anyone of you know of any decent hotel near a subway station that is near to the sports centre ? Travelling alone and will just be in Shanghai for this event so would prefer to stay somewhere convenient.. Thanks
    Like Pandaatlarge, I am also staying that the Sheraton Pudong. It is expensive, but they have some deals on expedia, so it might be worth checking out.

  8. #23
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    13
    Thanks Pandaatlarge and KansaiPJ.

    I will still be going to Osaka as air tickets were bought before my failed attempt to get tickets for NHK. Just checked, yeah, Sheraton Pudong is expensive ! Will look around. Anyway, may defer and catch Worlds 2015 instead. Hope you both will enjoy coc and nhk !

  9. #24
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by ngml View Post
    Thanks Pandaatlarge and KansaiPJ.

    I will still be going to Osaka as air tickets were bought before my failed attempt to get tickets for NHK. Just checked, yeah, Sheraton Pudong is expensive ! Will look around. Anyway, may defer and catch Worlds 2015 instead. Hope you both will enjoy coc and nhk !
    Sorry that you were not able to get tickets, but if I hear of any cancelations, I will let you know. And anyway, Osaka is lovely in November, as long as you bring a coat!

  10. #25
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by KansaiPJ View Post
    Sorry that you were not able to get tickets, but if I hear of any cancelations, I will let you know. And anyway, Osaka is lovely in November, as long as you bring a coat!

    Thank You !

  11. #26
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    13
    Hi, another question .

    How do you purchase the ticket, I mean can the ticket be printed on line or we must collect it from a ticketing office in Shanghai ?

    From the official website, the booking link is as follows but it seems to imply that after booking, the office will call to confirm the purchase and delivery. I wonder how this would be done for overseas patrons.
    http://www.228.com.cn/dzhuanti/lexusEnglish2014.html

    Did you book through this or another agency ?

  12. #27
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by ngml View Post
    Hi, another question .

    How do you purchase the ticket, I mean can the ticket be printed on line or we must collect it from a ticketing office in Shanghai ?

    From the official website, the booking link is as follows but it seems to imply that after booking, the office will call to confirm the purchase and delivery. I wonder how this would be done for overseas patrons.
    http://www.228.com.cn/dzhuanti/lexusEnglish2014.html

    Did you book through this or another agency ?
    Hi Ngml. I was told, as many others have been, that we will have to go to the ticket office in Shanghai and pick up the tickets directly. Not very convenient, but no choice that I know of. For me, I will fly in, go get the tickets, check in to a hotel, then head to the event.

  13. #28
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    13
    Thanks KansaiPJ.

    Now I just have to get my leave approved !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •