Tickets For Cup of China | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Tickets For Cup of China

firal

Record Breaker
Don't know where I should post this, but keep in mind that if you are planning to take public transit, it ends around 10:00pm give and take depending on the route. Which probably means not being able to finish watching the pairs( if they don't change the order) and the victory ceremony. Taxi apparently can be hard to come by and may be fishy.

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
Don't know where I should post this, but keep in mind that if you are planning to take public transit, it ends around 10:00pm give and take depending on the route. Which probably means not being able to finish watching the pairs( if they don't change the order) and the victory ceremony. Taxi apparently can be hard to come by and may be fishy.

Thanks a lot for the info, indeed subway ends quite early, many of my friends are actually planning to leave before the ceremony.
Speaking of taxi, I think there are some apps which help you call a taxi, but not sure if it is available in English. I know there will be shuttle bus from Sheraton to the sport center for media and for group tourists, if there are enough people maybe they can arrange another shuttle for individual guests?

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Thanks a lot for the info, indeed subway ends quite early, many of my friends are actually planning to leave before the ceremony.
Speaking of taxi, I think there are some apps which help you call a taxi, but not sure if it is available in English. I know there will be shuttle bus from Sheraton to the sport center for media and for group tourists, if there are enough people maybe they can arrange another shuttle for individual guests?

Thank you final and pandaatlarge for the comments. I have not thought about transportation until it was mentioned here. Hmm… I'd hate to leave the events early.

firal

Record Breaker
Apparently the reason why subway ends so early is to give business to taxis. I hate to not be able to watch until the end too, but I might have to. From people who had been to the venue, it's quite in the middle of nowhere. If you do decide to take a taxi, do google the different colors/types of taxi in Shanghai as they represent different companies. There are ones that are more reputable and ones that one should absolutely avoid.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Everyone excited? I am. My air and hotel is booked and ready. The only thing I am worried about are the tickets. I ordered tickets during the pre-order phase but by the time the bank transfer went through (took 30 min), the exchange rate had changed and I was short by 2CNY, a small amount. They said I could just pay the difference when I got there. But early this week, I emailed to confirm their address and no one has replied in three days! :confused:

firal

Record Breaker
So I picked up my tickets this morning without a problem! :clap: Certainly feels good to have them in my hands. The ladies there had no idea that the employee I corresponded with told me they will return some money to me since I overwired in case the exchange rate changed; good thing I took a screen shot of my email and showed it to them and they gave it to me. Not that it's a lot of money but a few bucks is a few bucks. I can spend it on overpriced water at the rink.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
So I picked up my tickets this morning without a problem! :clap: Certainly feels good to have them in my hands. The ladies there had no idea that the employee I corresponded with told me they will return some money to me since I overwired in case the exchange rate changed; good thing I took a screen shot of my email and showed it to them and they gave it to me. Not that it's a lot of money but a few bucks is a few bucks. I can spend it on overpriced water at the rink.

Glad it worked out for you. I am flying in tomorrow morning. Can't wait! :agree: