Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Good luck to Maxim at Worlds in Boston!
    I just updated his OP.

Bona Fide Member cheerknithanson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Kinda sucks I won't see his SP since I'm only going to the FP. But heck I can't wait to see him skate regardless!

0 Not allowed!
    From Jackie Wong's Pre-SP Practice Notes:

Kovtun: 3S, 3A, 3A, 4S3T, 4T, 3A

My Heart Draws a Dream

0 Not allowed!
    Come on Max, pull yourself together!

0 Not allowed!
    Well that was not good but his practice was not going well so expected. I feel sorry for him. I don't like seeing people cry The haters are about to go in full attack mode

0 Not allowed!
    That was awfully sad - I was hoping he'd be able to redeem himself in the free. I actually like that program, and I think he still held together the performance as well as he could - but with all the mistakes it was painful to watch such a nightmare for him.

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not a fan of the FS, I preferred his FS of the last year. I'm not convinced that the comic register corresponding him. I find there's a lack of exaggeration to actually do something interesting and fun. I hope he will eventually find the key because I feel the problem is not physical or the choréo but first psychological. When an athlete is in a spiral and makes the same mistakes again and again, it is terrible and it adds a pressure he doesn't need. I fear it will discourage him at the end

1 Not allowed!
    I was there in person. And it was SO painful to watch. I never liked his FP to be honest. Beethoven music, especially that music, seems too comical to me. I actually LOVED his Muse FP last season. It worked so well for him. I really feel SO bad for him because we all know what he's capable of.

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    Russian figure skaters Elena Radionova, Evgenia Medvedeva and Maxim Kovtun became part of the European team at the Team Challenge Cup, according to the official website of the tournament.
    http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20160408/911608173.html

0 Not allowed!
    That's great to hear! Hopefully he'll have redemption with that FP. And skate a SUPER clean SP to "I Can't Dance."

Rinkside

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    That was awfully sad - I was hoping he'd be able to redeem himself in the free. I actually like that program, and I think he still held together the performance as well as he could - but with all the mistakes it was painful to watch such a nightmare for him.
    So true. I'm not the biggest Kovtun fan, though I admire his talent, but I really felt so sorry for him after his FS. You never want to see any skater, let alone a skater with his skills, bomb like that. My seat was near the K&C, and I saw him still sitting there despondently for a very long time after the scores were read, with his coach doing her best to console him. My heart went out to him, and I hope he redeems himself to himself for this last competition.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Indeed! I am hoping for great skates for Maxim at TCC

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heleng View Post
    So true. I'm not the biggest Kovtun fan, though I admire his talent, but I really felt so sorry for him after his FS. You never want to see any skater, let alone a skater with his skills, bomb like that. My seat was near the K&C, and I saw him still sitting there despondently for a very long time after the scores were read, with his coach doing her best to console him. My heart went out to him, and I hope he redeems himself to himself for this last competition.
    I was sitting right behind the K&C. Sorry. Had to say it.

It was so painful to watch his FP. I really felt SO bad for him because I KNOW he's capable of more and it was sad we couldn't see that.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast