Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Tickets for TEB 2014

  1. #1
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    48

    Tickets for TEB 2014

    Hey,

    Does anybody know where I can purchase tickets for the Trophée Bompard?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    umm...
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Bears, vodka, balalaika...
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by cynthia24 View Post
    Hey,

    Does anybody know where I can purchase tickets for the Trophée Bompard?
    Thanks
    Looking for them too

  3. #3
    Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    3,394
    Me too, but I think tickets are not out for sale yet.
    According to wikipedia FR the arena will be Patinoire de Mériadeck situated at Mériadeck area.
    It's an administrative & commercial area, and is connected with the city centre with tram A: station Hôtel de Police.

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Me too, but I think tickets are not out for sale yet.
    According to wikipedia FR the arena will be Patinoire de Mériadeck situated at Mériadeck area.
    It's an administrative & commercial area, and is connected with the city centre with tram A: station Hôtel de Police.
    I am slightly concerned that Flatley's "Lord of the Dance" is there on Wednesday 19th Nov. If TEB is going to be there, wouldn't there be practice sessions the next day, Thursday 20th?

    Then again, Meriadeck is a permanent rink - they just put super-insulated flooring over it for concerts etc. So I guess they are pretty quick/efficient at add/removing the flooring... but still, I wonder if it's really going to be at Meriadeck despite the French wiki.

    Then again again... I can't figure out any other place they could hold it, in Bordeaux...! O_o

  5. #5
    Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    3,394
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    I am slightly concerned that Flatley's "Lord of the Dance" is there on Wednesday 19th Nov. If TEB is going to be there, wouldn't there be practice sessions the next day, Thursday 20th?

    Then again, Meriadeck is a permanent rink - they just put super-insulated flooring over it for concerts etc. So I guess they are pretty quick/efficient at add/removing the flooring... but still, I wonder if it's really going to be at Meriadeck despite the French wiki.

    Then again again... I can't figure out any other place they could hold it, in Bordeaux...! O_o
    Never been there so I don't know the place but I don't see a problem to remove the flooring in time for the practice sessions the day after.

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    481
    Tickets are on sale now, from the French Ticketmaster site

    So the venue is definitely Patinoire Meriadeck...! haha :-D
    There are 4 sessions/tickets available:
    Friday - all the short programs
    Saturday afternoon - Pairs and Ladies Free skates
    Saturday evening - Dance and Mens Free skates
    Sunday afternoon - Gala

    It looks like the same deal as TEB last year: There are no seat allocations for the Friday, and one side of the arena has no tickets on sale (I'm assuming that side is reserved for VIP's and French skating clubs... and will be the judges' side. Again.)

    By the way, there is now a detailed practice and competition schedule posted on the FFSG site

    I wonder if ticket-holders will be allowed into the practices this year. Somehow I doubt it :-/

    I'm looking forward to this, it's chock-full of competitors that I find interesting and/or entertaining, in all disciplines. I just hope they all stay fit and healthy! (I recall Yuna Kim and Kiira Korpi were assigned to last year's TEB... but sadly, neither of them made it :-/ )

  7. #7
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1
    thankx for the link info. very easy bookingprocess. got my tix for all events. after twice visiting Bercy in Paris now for the first time off to GP in Bordeaux from the Netherlands.

  8. #8
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    16,025
    Richie, Have a great time at TEB, and welcome to GS!

  9. #9
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2
    Got my mum and I tickets in the front row - we are treating ourselves this year for sure! Does anyone know the camera policy for this event? (asking for a friend :P)

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniskates93 View Post
    Got my mum and I tickets in the front row - we are treating ourselves this year for sure! Does anyone know the camera policy for this event? (asking for a friend :P)
    If it's the same as TEB in Paris last year, no problem with cameras - assuming you're not planning to clobber your neighbours in the face or obscure their view with a giant lens, and photos are for "personal" use :-D

    And do make sure your friend knows how to turn off the flash :-D

  11. #11
    Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    3,394
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    Tickets are on sale now, from the French Ticketmaster site

    So the venue is definitely Patinoire Meriadeck...! haha :-D
    There are 4 sessions/tickets available:
    Friday - all the short programs
    Saturday afternoon - Pairs and Ladies Free skates
    Saturday evening - Dance and Mens Free skates
    Sunday afternoon - Gala

    It looks like the same deal as TEB last year: There are no seat allocations for the Friday, and one side of the arena has no tickets on sale (I'm assuming that side is reserved for VIP's and French skating clubs... and will be the judges' side. Again.)

    By the way, there is now a detailed practice and competition schedule posted on the FFSG site

    I wonder if ticket-holders will be allowed into the practices this year. Somehow I doubt it :-/

    I'm looking forward to this, it's chock-full of competitors that I find interesting and/or entertaining, in all disciplines. I just hope they all stay fit and healthy! (I recall Yuna Kim and Kiira Korpi were assigned to last year's TEB... but sadly, neither of them made it :-/ )
    Thank you so much. So, I can't choose my seats for Friday?
    Do we know at what time starts the SP on Friday? I have the plane on that day.

  12. #12
    Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    3,394
    I can't figure out from the Map the difference between Carre Or, Cat 1 and Cat 2.
    HELP!

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    I was doing a test and 2 tickets from Friday events cost 16 euros alone? Am I right or I'm doing something wrong here?
    Friday tickets are indeed, DIRT CHEAP!

    Judging from my own experience and what I see on TV, attendance is on Fridays is usually very poor - I guess because it's a work day, or people are just not so keen to pay a lot for short programs? So maybe the cheap price, and the unallocated seating, is supposed to encourage more people to come?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    I can't figure out from the Map the difference between Carre Or, Cat 1 and Cat 2.
    HELP!
    Click on an an empty seat, look at how much it costs ;-D Now you know which type of seat it is ;-D

    If you zoom out in the map, it should show rectangular icons for Carre Or, Cat1, Cat2. When you hover your mouse over those, it will highlight the blocks that they apply to. Then you can zoom in, to select individual seats for the category you want.

    Basically, North ("Nord") side front 6 rows are Carre Or... the seats behind those are Cat1... and the East ("Est") end seats are Cat2.

  14. #14
    Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    3,394
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    Friday tickets are indeed, DIRT CHEAP!

    Judging from what I see on TV, attendance is on Friday's is usually very poor - I guess because its a work day or people not so keen to pay a lot for short programs? So I guess the cheap price, and the unallocated seating, is supposed to encourage more people to come?


    Click on an an empty seat, look at how much it costs ;-D Now you know which type of seat it is ;-D

    If you zoom out in the map, it should show rectangular icons for Carre Or, Cat1, Cat2. When you hover your mouse over those, it will highlight the blocks that they apply to. Then you can zoom in, to select individual seats for the category you want.

    Basically, north side front 6 rows are Carre Or, the seats behind those are Cat1... and the East end seats are Cat2.
    Yep. I got it now. Thank you so much.

    So Friday tickets are cheap therefore unallocated seating. I just hope I'll have good seats, then.

    The Map does work indeed for the free programs.
    It's only one side, north. Strange really. I don't think they can fill all that area with invitations and other skaters only.

  15. #15
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Do we know at what time starts the SP on Friday? I have the plane on that day.
    According to the preliminary schedule posted on the FFSG site, the competition starts at 15:30 with the Pairs. But maybe there will be an opening ceremony before that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    It's only one side, north. Strange really.
    Yes, it was like that last year - one side (the judges side) was reserved for French skating clubs and VIP's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •